• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Feeling low

MightyTriby

Hi all,

Feeling a bit down today. It all started when I went and saw a customer this morning, he is very nice, but the first thing he said to me, after saying hello, is "gee.. you are getting shorter, either that or i am getting taller.

Then called into the next customer, and saw a bloke in the carpark, who was obviously a bodybuilder, he was over 6 feet tall, and was huge, his arms were big, and chest and pecs were bulging. This made me feel very puny.

I then get home, and my wife scraps the front of the car on the brick pillar of the garage. She was only the bloody mobile phone.

Constantly screaming at the kids, the oldest one, cannot focus on doing his homework, or anything else for that matter. Unless it is the television or his Nintendo DS. The youngest is just a demanding little 3 year old, wants everything, and if he doesn't get it, he either screams or just pesters you.

Went out and did a work out, but could not get in the mood for it, so just did some shoulder excersises. I either listen to the radio or watch the TV in my gym, and on "2 and a Half Men" the character Allan, goes into a panic attack, and i found it disturbing, rather than funny.

I will go now and watch the ABC, favourite shows "New Inventors" and "Spicks and Specks", hopefully these will chear me up.

Not so MightyTriby.

Mate i have been feeling like that for the past 2 days waiting to get another work out in .

As for that guy being a nice bloke i say mmmmm , naah i just reckon he woke up feeling rather short himself , so he passed it on to you to make himself feel better . ;D Getting shorterr ??? yeah right .

As for the big dude , maaaan i've felt like that every day of the week for my whole life , until recently i'm weighing in a 62kg now & i feel HUUUGE well i was till i had a similar incident to you the other day .

I was talking to a dude at work who does weights again OBVIOUSLY , well we got yakkin & he tells me he has just come back from a back injury & he said whilst towering over me ' i feel like a skinny bastard ' .
Of corse i came back with ' well how the hell do you think i feel '???

Don't think i'll comment on the missus & kids mate ;) cept for women drivers :)

BTW after my work out i feel good again ;D

Good luck tomorrow whoops i mean today 8)

Mr Punyverse,

Thanks mate ;), I guess we all go through days like this. I am still feeling low, but thanks, I guess everyone has moments of "low self worth".

You have a great day at work ;D

MightyTriby

we all go thru spots like that man... :(

i lost my drivers license= also losing my job about 6 months ago. it really put me on my arse with my general mood and willingness to hit the gym.
but like all things, we can persevere... hang in there mate ;D

MightyTriby said:
Mr Punyverse,

Thanks mate ;), I guess we all go through days like this. I am still feeling low, but thanks, I guess everyone has moments of "low self worth"

Yeah mate & unfortunately some more than others :'(

BTW i work nights

ezzy said:
i lost my drivers license= also losing my job about 6 months ago. it really put me on my arse with my general mood and willingness to hit the gym.
but like all things, we can persevere... hang in there mate ;D

Ezzy i can relate to the liscence dude , i lost mine for a few years once , but it was probly a good thing cause thats when i started to ride a treadly & get fit , boy was i in shape then .

I beleive when these hard times come & we push through it , it can only help ;)

How's the job scene now ezzy ?? Have u got a better job ??

yo... mr p!!
i wouldnt say i got a better job, but i got the old job back :D
thats why you should never burn your bridges. as soon as the copper left, i got on the dog and bone and called my old boss, and he told me to start in 4 days... lucky. gonna get out as soon as i get my wheels back though.

Feeling better today. ;D.

Thanks guys. I am back to normal. I've got to be, I'm a sales rep, so I need to be positive.

MightyTriby

ezzy said:
yo... mr p!!
i wouldnt say i got a better job, but i got the old job back :D
thats why you should never burn your bridges. as soon as the copper left, i got on the dog and bone and called my old boss, and he told me to start in 4 days... lucky. gonna get out as soon as i get my wheels back though.

Yeah i must remember that , mental note to self ' don't burn bridges ' :D

copper.... what , where ..... i don't wanna know .

naaah good to hear ya got the job back .

MightyTriby said:
Feeling better today. ;D.

Thanks guys. I am back to normal. I've got to be, I'm a sales rep, so I need to be positive.

MightyTriby

Geez your worse than an old women , naah it can take a while sometimes eh .

Glad to hear your firing on all cylinders again man .

don't think i could ( actualy know i can't ) sell a thing i'm to bloody honest , i loose out every time ::)

i'm in sales also, a bit of a stressful job at times
if it wasn't for those damn bills (stupid invention) i would've tossed the job in a long time ago

i used to be a sales rep (hunting knives and fishing tackle) before i lost my licence and the job...
now im in fishing tackle retail.

ezzy said:
i used to be a sales rep (hunting knives and fishing tackle) before i lost my licence and the job...
now im in fishing tackle retail.

AAAAAHHHHHH & i read somewhere that you go to St Mary's , so i know your within my range . :)

So How much discount do AUSBB members get ??? ;D .

Seriously love me fish'n mate . 8)

ha ha ha!!!

to be honest, im not a haggler... i hate it when people haggle prices with me, so its pretty rare ill haggle or ask for any kind of a discount when buying stuff.
but nigel takes care of me anyway with my supps. i work across the road from him, so when he buys fishing gear, we take care of him

fishing tackle , i've got a few stumpjumpers that i am too scared to use , cost a bucketload for just one
i did use one when i was up the murray once , was out in the boat and the thing got snagged , tried everything to get it out , moving the boat this way and that , giving the line some slack etc but the thing wouldn't budge, i was majorly pissed had to cut the line and lost a $15 lure

but later that day i found another stump jumper floating down the river , that was the only thing i caught all day

this guy made you feel small comenting on your height this way use it in the gym replay it in your head use it as motivation dont let it hapen again. also who gives a crap how tall ya are anyway?