• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training for size AND strength

PTC

Okay, I cant take any credit for this, its been around forever. I dont have many clients do it, because its hard, way too hard. The ones that do it, reap the benefits.

Firstly, you must do 20 rep breathing squats, every session. Non negotiable. These wont kill you, you'll just wish they did. Three deep breaths at the top before each rep, should take 3 1/2 minutes to do the set.

Then do 2 sets of BP x 7, 2 sets of Romanian deadlifts x 20 and 10, 2 sets of MP x 7, row something, clean something.

I dont use theory, never have. Some of you dont like it when I give real life examples. You cant dispute like if I gave theory. This happened, cant deny. Heres an example.

Max weighed 67-68kg before Bash. He weighed 69.9kg on the day, last night before bed, 12 days later, he weighed 75kg. This morning he was 72.5kg. He has been doing this program for 4 weeks now, a 5.5kg gain, or 8 1/2%.

When he began 4 weeks ago, his bench PB was 85kg, didnt get it every session. On Monday he benched 85 x 4. Tonight he did a hang clean with 100kg, remember he weighs 72.5kg. He push pressed 90kg AFTER hang cleaning it.They are PB's. He does 200kg shrugs with NO wraps. He squats 125kg x 19. He squatted 156kg at Bash, but wont be attempting 1RM's for quite a few weeks.

I can guarantee you ALL his PB's are up, but thats not what he's training for. He's training to get HEAVIER, the strength that comes with it is a bonus.

He does 2 sets of bench 3 times a week, yet his bench is soaring.

20 rep breathings squats and 4 litres of milk will make you very big and very strong. The problem is that the program outlined is insanely hard, if you do it properly. Drinking 4 litres of milk is too tough for most guys.

Max has very high goals. One is to squat 180kg before he turns 18, he has 8 months to find 44kg. I dont think he'll make it, but what a **** effort squatting 170kg @ 17 and under 80kg.:)

I have 3 other lifters doing this program. They cant drink that much milk, they arent improving at the same rate, but improving. Alen is up to 140kg x 12 in the breathing squats @ 88kg. He'll get 20 in the next 2 weeks.

If you truly want to get big AND strong, give it a try, what have you got to lose?

Im down..

Im not 100% on romanians u stick your ass back right?

I can do 4L milk no problems :p

I will end up weighing 110kg i can see in 2 weeks time...

Markos let meknow what weights i should be using for each of the sets and ill give it my best.

Thanks

i think i could do the 4litres of milk easily! i used to drink a 1litre carton with breaky lunch and dinner at one point when i was bulking, but it was skim milk.

Weights youll need to workout.

With squats, one set. If you get 20 reps, up the weight by 5kg next session. If you only get 10 reps, keep going till you get 20. Make sure you start with a weight thats at least 10kg LIGHTER than you know you can get 20 with.

Same goes with every other lift. As long as you get 7 reps on the first set, you go up next session. RDL are SLDL, but I prefer to use the CORRECT name.

Drink full cream milk.

You guys that ATTEMPT this dont know what your signing up for lol

Modo, I KNOW I can double your weights in an hour, I cant believe you wont come to Frankston to improve yourself, after you claim you have wasted 4 years.

Strange decision.

So if i 1rm 150kg squat what should i be doing the 20 squats at?

Fromy our experience, i read you other thread on intensity and want to make sure i am using enough...

Oh and tomorrow im getting that 200kg deadlift..

Firstly, you must do 20 rep breathing squats, every session. Non negotiable. These wont kill you, you'll just wish they did. Three deep breaths at the top before each rep, should take 3 1/2 minutes to do the set.

Then do 2 sets of BP x 7, 2 sets of Romanian deadlifts x 20 and 10, 2 sets of MP x 7, row something, clean something.

20 x breathing squats
2 x 7 bench press
2 x 20 - 1 x 10 Romanian Deadlifts
2 x 7 Mp
Row ? How many
Clean how much?? I think it will be just the bar... lol

Last edited:
Modo, I KNOW I can double your weights in an hour, I cant believe you wont come to Frankston to improve yourself, after you claim you have wasted 4 years.

Strange decision.

markos it is only cause you kinda scare me. no offense.

Seriously man just go..

U dont know what an opportunity u are missing out on.. If i lived as close as u i would be banging on his door 5 times a week.

He has helped me with infoto get to where i am and i live in sydney imagine if u could train there.

Just ****ing do it PPLLEAASE!!

Noobs, if you can squat 150kg x 1, start at a nice safe 90kg. Max did, he is now up to 125kg.

You'll make the 90kg easily on a Monday, 95kg on Wednesday and 100kg on Friday.

By Friday the following week, you'll wish you never started.

Modo, stop being a dick, I have a shaved head, piercings and tattoos, so what, I also have 5 kids.

There are at least 10 members on here who lift at PTC, pm them and ask how scary I am. Do you really think I could run a business where people travel for 1 hour to lift with me if I was remotely aggressive.

pm Monkeyman, aussieballer, hyjak, NPR, Brendon, EnzymeX, neiv, Moz2007, Bluey, Shorty, Kyle. There was one other one but I killed him.

Your just afraid of succeeding, then you cant moan anymore. All those guys PAY to train with me, my offer to you is for FREE.

Dont come till next week though, the shed in the backyard isnt finished lol

Noobs, if you can squat 150kg x 1, start at a nice safe 90kg. Max did, he is now up to 125kg.

You'll make the 90kg easily on a Monday, 95kg on Wednesday and 100kg on Friday.

By Friday the following week, you'll wish you never started.

Modo, stop being a dick, I have a shaved head, piercings and tattoos, so what, I also have 5 kids.

There are at least 10 members on here who lift at PTC, pm them and ask how scary I am. Do you really think I could run a business where people travel for 1 hour to lift with me if I was remotely aggressive.

pm Monkeyman, aussieballer, hyjak, NPR, Brendon, EnzymeX, neiv, Moz2007, Bluey, Shorty, Kyle. There was one other one but I killed him.

Your just afraid of succeeding, then you cant moan anymore. All those guys PAY to train with me, my offer to you is for FREE.

Dont come till next week though, the shed in the backyard isnt finished lol

Didnt the last guy from the other forum who gave you cheek end up in the slab?

Just kidding..

90kg it is.. What about bench and romanians?? And how many rows and cleans do i do? Dont want to get to the gym and root around with numbers...

Monday is a goer. 1rm dealdift tomorrow then canberra to look at pretty flowers. Ill weigh in monday and come friday rekon ill be sititng at 108..

Last edited:
20 Rep squats every session are the toughest thing I have ever done in the gym. Get a training partner because its super tough to go it alone.

Markos I will take on your offer, I am intrigued. Just wont be able to get there for about a month.

Modo, What have you got to loose. If you turn up and you dont like markos dont go back, then at least you know. You might turn up and he could be the nicest guy on earth (i have never met him so i cant comment).

There are a few people on this forum that would like to be in a position of having some one like markos close enough to train with on a regular basis, i know i am one.

Its called dieting big fella, lift for strength, eat for transformation.

Too high a caloric cost is placed on lifting, maximum you'll ever burn is 500 calories in a 1 hour session.

Plenty of newsletters on my website which I'm not allowed to post links too as to keep knickers untangled from admin, they dont want you to read good information I think, anyway, their forum, their rules, I'm happy to oblige,maybe someone else can link you too them, issue # 37 from memory.