• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help with my new diet.

Dshwam

Hey i posted this up in the "post up what you are eating" and had some mixed feedback, so there are a few things id like everyones oppinions with..

Eating 8 to 10 eggs a day, should i be eating the yolks if i have no cholesterol problems (im lucky they are fresh from the chickens we have)

Skim milk or full cream considering i drink 2 litres a day?

I am curenttly 77 kg, 6.2 and trying to bulk..

7 am - 5 eggs, 2 peices wholemeal toast and bowel of oats.

9.30 am - 100 grams tuna with small green sald aprox 20 grams protien

11 am - 1 litre milk (i am usually studying at this time so its not possible to be eating solid food here)

12.30 - 200 gram steak and cup of steamed vegies

3 pm - either another litre of milk or 100 grams tuna

5 pm - banana or apple

6.30 pm - 2 cups of rice with 100 grams chicken (either with curry or another sauce)

9 pm - 3 to 5 eggs and 150 grams cottage chease.

I will usually snak on another 100 grams of cottage cheese if i can.

Im not keeping track of the calories, carbs ect, I'd like to get the type of foods right and then work on the specifics.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, eating the yolks is fine.

What matters for blood cholesterol and thus heart disease is the combination of various diet items and exercise. Eating 6 eggs a day, plus KFC, and sitting on the couch watching Everybody Loves Raymond is one thing; eating 6 eggs a day, and some milk and fruit and vegies and nuts and beans and meat and lifting heavy is another thing entirely.

We're not dieticians, so all I can say is that I would add some vegies to a couple of those meals, and some nuts - you want to make sure you get heaps of vitamins and minerals, and plenty of fibre to help you process stuff.

Aside from that, try it for a while and see how you feel. If you have lots of energy and are gaining weight as you want to, great! If you lack energy and are losing or maintaining weight, add some more starchy stuff, some more meat, eggs, milk, and more vegies.

Hey i posted this up in the "post up what you are eating" and had some mixed feedback, so there are a few things id like everyones oppinions with..

Eating 8 to 10 eggs a day, should i be eating the yolks if i have no cholesterol problems (im lucky they are fresh from the chickens we have)

Skim milk or full cream considering i drink 2 litres a day?

I am curenttly 77 kg, 6.2 and trying to bulk..

7 am - 5 eggs, 2 peices wholemeal toast and bowel of oats.

9.30 am - 100 grams tuna with small green sald aprox 20 grams protien

11 am - 1 litre milk (i am usually studying at this time so its not possible to be eating solid food here)

12.30 - 200 gram steak and cup of steamed vegies

3 pm - either another litre of milk or 100 grams tuna

5 pm - banana or apple

6.30 pm - 2 cups of rice with 100 grams chicken (either with curry or another sauce)

9 pm - 3 to 5 eggs and 150 grams cottage chease.

I will usually snak on another 100 grams of cottage cheese if i can.

Im not keeping track of the calories, carbs ect, I'd like to get the type of foods right and then work on the specifics.

Thanks for your help.

Hi big D,
Big D is where it starts. Start to visualise the man you'd like to be in the near future NOW!

As for the diet, it reminds me of my crazy 13500 calorie one minus the calories.

Whenever you want to put on weight/size, it's always a great idea to look for food that is naturally dense in calories as well as in nutrients. To that end, I can think of two groups of food that reign supreme in that department, namely: dry fruit and nuts.

But the most important of all, is to place your whole being in a positive state where your hormones are working for you and not against you. Walking is great for putting on the weight.

Mmmm! Walking is great for putting on the weight? Let's look at it in your context. Walking is one of the most relaxing exercises that I know of. If your mood is in a relax state as opposed to an uptight one; then you have already laid down the foundation for some massive gains in weight.

As Kyle have said; eating and gaining is all relative and would have to be taken in the context to what the trainee is doing. All the food you're eating plus even more from take some away outlets will pile the weight on. The question is, what type of weight would all these type of eating add to your physique? If it's eating and not training properly, (don't like the term "hard enough"), then most of that weight will end up around your waist area. If on the other hand your training is causes a need for some heavy duty adaptation from your muscles; then most of that weight will be muscles with a minimum amount of fat added in the process.

I'll stop here because I think I'm digressing a bit from your original question about whether your diet is good or not. I'll end with this: if milk is making you too soft as opposed to calories from say almonds; then I'd have to look at whether your liver is processing the estrogen efficiently or not. That would need another thread on milk.

Fadi.