• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting psyched and staying psyched.

J

Josh_GTiR

This might not be for everyone, but I want to know how people psyche themselves up and keep themselves psyched up.

I have noticed when training for strength and constantly pushing yourself to lift heavier you need to keep focused and determined. How does everyone go about this? Some days I walk into the gym and everything goes up with ease, other times I struggle with lighter weights for some reason.

I feel like it is very mental to me, especially strength training. Having a workout partner with the same goals sure helps. Though there could be some other things to do, I find if I get a bit angry it works. A change of music would definitely help as The Spice Girls just don't seem to cut it.

I know what your mean. My last two workouts have only been average simply due to a lack of focus. Although, i am working on a pretty big uni assignment too. This may be the cause.

I find that for me, I get more pumped during the day, rather than at night. My pre 3pm gym sessions always seem to have more energy and focus than my post 5pm workouts.

Music always helps, death metal FTW.

Watching UFC seems to help me too.

i have trouble being psyched cause i feel like i am lying to myself. again this comes down to how things in my brain are processed. but seeing people who are like in UFC, i feel depressed cause i dont look like them, or the guys lifting big at the gym i feel angry cause i am so weak when i see them, and they look down and me and laugh. i try nd psych myself up, but it doesnt work...

You have to start somewhere Modo. The only way to get a great body or exceptional strength is to train hard! Keep a goal and work towards it, push yourself as hard as you can and you will get somewhere.

I am sure Fadi has a good program waiting for you, I know I am being snapped by a strength program he put together for me.

Buy a Nitric Oxide pre workout sup modo. That will get the blood pumping.

i use music to get psyched up. I find stuff with a real good drum beat that is nice and fast gets me ready then when i hit the gym i just put on some death metal and its all good. if i dont i just cant seem to lift heavy.

You have to start somewhere Modo. The only way to get a great body or exceptional strength is to train hard! Keep a goal and work towards it, push yourself as hard as you can and you will get somewhere.

I am sure Fadi has a good program waiting for you, I know I am being snapped by a strength program he put together for me.

but i do train hard, and i have been training for 5 years, i am not just beginning. this is my point. something has to be up, the amount of effort i put in should have given me something to be proud of. instead it has bought me more anger and reason for people to bully me.

I find the hardest thing to get psyched for is 20 rep squats, nothing kills my keen faster :(

On the other its a huge buzz to top your own record, last night I surprised the hell out of myself pulling 3 dead hang wide grip chins. Never done that before :p

Nice. I sometimes find myself (quite often these days actually) dreading squats before I get down to the gym. I never used to be like that and I think it is affecting my focus and strength.

I just look at the women in the gym. Fat, thin, young, old, black, white - most women are beautiful in one way or another, and almost all of them like muscles. I only indulge the attentions of my one woman, but I still like it if others look at me. So that's my motivation ;)

the thought of lifitng 200 kg while everyone aorund me is curling 12kg is enough to phsych me up..

Nice. I sometimes find myself (quite often these days actually) dreading squats before I get down to the gym. I never used to be like that and I think it is affecting my focus and strength.

There must be a reason..

Increase flexability and u wont hate them as much i was the same until i started stretching more.

Just think of T levels rising

I think I am just being a pussy.

For some reason I have just lost my motivation and focus and I am finding it hard to get it back.

I don't care about the Womens attention at my gym, I want all the blokes to be looking and saying. Farken tough bastard. (no homo)

I don't care about the Womens attention at my gym, I want all the blokes to be looking and saying. Farken tough bastard. (no homo)
Sounds homo to me. Who cares what men think? If you only care what men think, just do chest and biceps. Blokes are drongos.

Anyway...

"Bench 105kg x 1 - Squat 140kg x 1 - Deadlift 160kg x 1 - Military Press 60kg x 2 - BB Row 90kg x 1 Power - Clean 70kg x 1 (All lifts are Raw)"

If that doesn't make you look tough, you must be training at a hardcore gym. All of those would be current member records (or at least top 5 members) in my gym and most mainstream gyms :)

Ah I was just messing around. To be honest, I don't care what anyone thinks but myself. I want results and goals so I am pushing for them.

I am happy with what I have achieved so far, but now I want more!! It sucks that the next goals take the longest to achieve. Most of the guys say we are strong at our gym and don't do the stuff we do. Maybe the problem is that I am not going to a hardcore enough gym?!?!!?!

I'll get out of it soon enough. I want that 155kg squat damn it! I just need to stop being a little pussy.

I want to achieve something full stop. anything.

Josh you train fine, look at your lifts i would kill to acvhieve even half of them weights... I bench like a little weak bitch.

and by the way woman dont like guys with big muscles kyle, i think muscles probably impress guys more, girls love bis and chest, i have never heard a girl say how much she loves nice quads... i have heard girls say how ugly big lats and quads are and how much they hate big shoulders. so i think you are wrong there.

do you know the only thing that motivates me is that I just hope iget a result some day. that is all, i just hope one day i can be like wow my body has changed and i can see and feel it and know it. i have no more motivations other than that and if i lose course i go ballistic on myself i am so angry when i screw up which i rarely ever do but i hate it, when i sliced my hand open this year and had to miss 3 weeks cause of stitches i was so angry, and in that 3 weeks i got fat as and lost all strength, and i have got back to where I was but as usual, i always get to this level and stall, i never been beyond it. I have the strength of a 14 year old boy.

you've been on Fadis program for about 2 weeks, stop whining, are you about to quit on it already?

I want to achieve something full stop. anything.

Josh you train fine, look at your lifts i would kill to acvhieve even half of them weights... I bench like a little weak bitch.

and by the way woman dont like guys with big muscles kyle, i think muscles probably impress guys more, girls love bis and chest, i have never heard a girl say how much she loves nice quads... i have heard girls say how ugly big lats and quads are and how much they hate big shoulders. so i think you are wrong there.

do you know the only thing that motivates me is that I just hope iget a result some day. that is all, i just hope one day i can be like wow my body has changed and i can see and feel it and know it. i have no more motivations other than that and if i lose course i go ballistic on myself i am so angry when i screw up which i rarely ever do but i hate it, when i sliced my hand open this year and had to miss 3 weeks cause of stitches i was so angry, and in that 3 weeks i got fat as and lost all strength, and i have got back to where I was but as usual, i always get to this level and stall, i never been beyond it. I have the strength of a 14 year old boy.

modo, can you please, PLEASE stop posting stuff like this in just about every thread that you consider it to be even remotely relevant?

this thread is not about self esteem issues, or feeling weak, it is about psyching yourself up before trying for a PB or lifting something heavy or a really challenging set etc. it is not about how challenging it is to put on size or lack of results etc, i believe you already created a thread about that...

thank you

Knowing that I'm not like everybody else is enough to motivate me. I have no desire to look like or be weak like the average guy. I set myself short term goals and work towards them. At the moment I'm shaping up for when I visit my girlfriend in Japan in November. Before that I was on a 5x5 program working my way to 140kg deads and 100kg bench. I hate missing a session as every time I train is an important step to reaching my goal.

Should catch up in a few weeks for another lift for some friendly competition. Maybe at the end of the training cycle you're doing.

the music at our doesnt help to get me going i need Metallica FUEL to get me going!!!! sometimes ill be pyched all day then when i get to the gym its gone other days ill be dreading it all day but when i get there ill smash it!!! atmosphere helps when we have big boys squatting and lifting heavy next to us that helps to push it too!!!