• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hello

M

Mr Punyverse

G'Day everyone ,

Just thought i'd introduce myself here cause i use a 'puter that has a security system on in & i can't access the Intro's thread ::)

Anyhoo I'm 30+ & have always wanted to be bigger & like most have 1/2 heartedly tried . Most of my life i've weighed around the 55kg mark ringing wet & have been to a massive 61kg :-[

Well around 4-5 weeks ago i decided to pick up the weights again .I have just a plain basic weight set at home / bench /dumb & bar-bells , plus i also got all keen & went and bought a u beaut curl bar .

At first i was just doing whatever whenever (silly i know ) .i then tried a program out of Flex mag but it had too many machine exercises which i don't like so i'm now doing one from the recent MuscleMag . It's a 12 week program where you increase the reps not the weight & it's 3 days on 2 off .

The poblem is i'm only at home Fri , Sat & Sun . The other days i stay at my bro's place & can't access my bench . He does have a Gym/Weight set but it's one of those machine jobs & you do b/Press seated

My question is this .

On my days at my bro's place is it OK to substitute my free weight exercises for the same exercise with his machine ???

I do'nt mind this program cept for the 2 days off .

Anyway thats enough fom me :)

hi Mr Punyverse and welcome to Ausbb

free weights and machines , well looks like you don't have much of a choice in the matter , but it shouldn't be too much of a big deal, a few things different but pretty much targeting the same areas

the 2days off is to give your body time to recover so its a good thing

drake said:
hi Mr Punyverse and welcome to Ausbb

the 2days off is to give your body time to recover so its a good thing

Yeah thanx for that Drake .... as for the 2 days off I HATE IT , i start to feel all lazy not to mention bored . ;D

could do some other activities on those days off , some cardio work , jump on the bike and go for a ride or a jog

Mr Punyverse, welcome.

Yep, use the seated bench press. That's what I use, I do not have a bench, so I use what I have got. On your days off, why not do some sit ups, push ups etc.

MightyTriby

Thanx for the reply fella's ,

I'd realy like to do some cardio but feel that that's been my biggest struggle with gaining weight in the past . I used to do Karate so i'm reasonbly fit & i have no trouble 'cutting up' but i have serious problems gaining any weight . I also do powdercoating which can be very physical work , alot of lifting & to compound the problem even more i work in high temps with 2 ovens nearby .

I read somthing recently and have been trying to stick to it

' on your days off use as little energy as you can ' .

By sticking to this & training , aswell as increasing my food intake by eating every 3 hours and getting stuck into the ' Muscle Juice ' i'm starting to make some ground YEEEHAAAA . I think the biggest improvement has been the muscle juice cause before i was just watching my protein intake & did'nt understand about the carbs now i'm getting into both .

At my last Medical 5 weeks ago , i weighed in at 56kg & now everytime i jump on the scale i'm over 61kg ;D and thats with NO cardio , well hardly any anyway .