• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AUSBB Wilks Total Record Board

katie

I'm throwing open a challenge to all AUSBB members, whoever wants to participate:

What is your current Wilks total?

To calculate your Wilks total, find your 1 RM for the following 5 lifts. These lifts are to be attempted in 1 day rather than over a period of time:
1. Squat
2. Bench Press
3. Clean
4. Floor to overhead
5. Deadlift

Sum the 5 figures to obtain your total (kg), then plug the numbers into the following calculator to obtain your Wilks total.
Wilks calculator

To avoid confusion, please post back on this thread with your starting total (kg) @ bodyweight (kg) and Wilks total, and update us as your numbers go up.

I will update the 1st post regularly so that the Record Board stays current.

AUSBB WILKS TOTAL RECORD BOARD* Name - total (kg) @ bodyweight (kg) - Wilks total

1. Nick (NPR) - 900kg @ 110kg - 528.93 (PTC Australia Day Comp 23/1/10)
2. Shorty - 662.5kg @ 70.6kg - 493.23 (BATB3 19/9/09)
3. Nikko - 696kg @ 83.2kg - 463.88 (BATB3 19/9/09)
4. Brendon 742.5kg Total @ 96.7kg - 457.00 (BATB3 19/9/2009)
5. James (moz2007) - 658.5kg @ 92.1kg - 415.57 (BATB3, 19/9/09)
6. Simon Bluey - 701kg @ 113.9kg - 408.4 (PTC Australia Day Comp 23/1/10)
7. Mick (Trofius) - 507kg @ 69kg - 384.58 (24/01/10)
8. Hyjak - 577.5kg @ 84.6kg - 381.20 (BATB3, 19/9/09)
9. Josh - 535kg @ 76.0kg - 377.76 (28/9/09)

* I will only update your ranking if you post in a format like this: total (kg) @ bodyweight (kg) - Wilks total. I will not calculate your Wilks total for you, as you can use the Wilks calculator yourself.
* Video proof of your lifts may be required for those slugging it out for the top spots on the record board (unless lifts done at PTC/BATB etc).

Happy lifting! :)

Last edited:
Alright, mine is **** at the moment but I intend for that to increase.

My total is 535kg so I have a Wilkes of 377.76.

[FONT=&quot]Simon Bluey - 582.5kg @ 112.4kg - 340.58 Wilks

Aiming for 700kg @ 105kg by January.
[/FONT]

Thanks guys. Josh, doesn't matter if your Wilks starting total is low, because I'm going to keep tabs on the most improved wilks total. Maybe I'll announce the most improved award every 3 months - ie. end of Dec, Mar, Jun, and Sep. Still not sure whether it should be the biggest absolute improvement or percentage improvement, but we can decide that around December!

whoops, sorry typo lol

edit: maybe this thread should be in the strength section, i dont think the bodybuilders care too much about wilkes scores

Last edited:
lol at 581 wilkes, that would be amazing.

for me: [FONT=&quot]James - 658.5kg @ 92.1kg - 415.57 Wilks[/FONT]

Good point hyjak, I only put this in the bb section as the other record board was in the same section, but I'll move them both to the strength section. Cheers :)

Hate to be a party pooper, but only those that have done all the lifts in one session can have a Wilks.

The most critical part of Wilks is bodyweight. Some lifters bodyweight could vary over 10kg between lifts, very common at PTC, Spiros has recorded PB's at 138kg and 108kg recently.

So a Wilks HAS to come from a competition only. No such thing as a Wilks from gym lifts over a period of time.

Nice try though Katie.

That's fine PTC, it's good to have your input.

So how about I change the 1st post to emphasise that the lifts should be done on 1 day... this record board is to track the general improvement in people's Wilks score over time? That would still work, would it not?

Takes a long time and effort to hit PB's in 5 lifts in one session, but if they are keen to try, then go for it. Only way it would work.

And so will I. Thanks PTC for putting us in the right direction.

I'll keep the record board up though - as a few of us have expressed interest in going to the various comps run by PTC (and hopefully, SSAS in Sydney / Powersports in Canberra / etc). It's nice to know how the ausbb-ers are doing.

Nick - 800kg @ 106.8kg - 475.28 Wilks

With a really poor bench and deadlift on the day.

the wilks scoring system wasn't built to take into account the OHP & clean. So i'm not going to bother with this board.

I have a modest wilks score of 260, taking in the actual 3 lifts, SQ, BP & DL. Current goal is 300.