• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cottage cheese (split from the 1700 cal food plan thread)

J

Josh_GTiR

This is off topic, but where does everyone buy there cottage cheese? I see people eating 250g each night or 500g as Noobs does. I can only find a 350g tub at the largest!

This is off topic, but where does everyone buy there cottage cheese? I see people eating 250g each night or 500g as Noobs does. I can only find a 350g tub at the largest!

Woolies sells 500g tubs, they are home brand but taste fine to me...

Woolies sells 500g tubs, they are home brand but taste fine to me...

Both Coles & Safeway do 200 & 400g tubs, the homebrand.

Mix 200g with a spoon full of Penut butter and 30g of PPowder, a splash of milk to assist the blend, whip whith a fork and ... oh yeah!!

MD

I just can't bring myself to eating it sweet. I'd prefer some tomato and a bit of pepper.

Both Coles & Safeway do 200 & 400g tubs, the homebrand.
I really dislike the Coles c.c for some reason. Just seemed to have less substance than the Woolies one. I then checked the nutritional stats... it had a bit less protein per 100g, and a bit more random gunk/filler, so I'm sticking with Woolies.

I love having my c.c sweet. Add a dash of yoghurt, some fruit, and muesli - and there you have it, my breakfast. (When I'm not eating tuna and baked beans, that is, much to Chef Kyle's disgust :D)

I really dislike the Coles c.c for some reason. Just seemed to have less substance than the Woolies one. I then checked the nutritional stats... it had a bit less protein per 100g, and a bit more random gunk/filler, so I'm sticking with Woolies.

I love having my c.c sweet. Add a dash of yoghurt, some fruit, and muesli - and there you have it, my breakfast. (When I'm not eating tuna and baked beans, that is, much to Chef Kyle's disgust :D)

Try a teaspoon of coffee and some caramel protien powder 30-60g .. le scrumo!

MD

I've tried a lot of different ones. I find the smoother consistancy (less lumpy) ones taste worst. I reckon the the Aldi Be Light 500g cottage cheese is easily the tastiest. I go there every week and buy 5 tubs of it.

coles lite cottage cheese for me. 250g before bed each nigt, sometimes with a scoop of protein but now im on the unflavoured protein i dont bother. i actually like cottage cheese anyway.

I just can't bring myself to eating it sweet. I'd prefer some tomato and a bit of pepper.

Josh i have had one with gherkin before but the carb content was high

If you're worried about carbs Weight Watchers do a 500g tub that has only about 1g of carbs from memory, have seen it in coles woolies and iga

anyone got any other ideas for things to eat with cottage cheese? Also, a lot of you are eating like 250g a night, i usually will eat about a 500g container in about 5 days or so, just as a late snack at night. Do you really need to eat that much? This is after dinner and a protein drink

This thread is old an i did a search to find it but just thought i would mention i had the bulla 250g tub stuff from woolies with tabouleh and some pepper and it was amazing with the spicy meal i had at lunch and also will have it tonight!

(yes i realise what i just wrote looks like a facebook status update.. sorry about that)