• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Comp doesnt start till the bar hits the floor

PTC

I'm not sure how many of you have heard this comment or understand what it means.

Watching my brother compete in powerlifting in the early 1990's, he fully demonstrated it to me. In lifting, you have a sub total, just before the deadlift. No matter how far behind he was before the deadlift, he would simply deadlift whatever was needed to win. He had a best effort of 300kg in the gym @ 99kg, so he was confident he could out pull anyone.

He was never beaten at a comp, competing in drug free and non tested comps.

Now, on Saturday at BATB3, the comp was wide open after 4 lifts. With the deadlift to come, the top 4 were

Chris - 585kg
Matt - 585kg
Nick - 580kg
Simon - 551kg

Chris pulled 266kg for an 851kg total
Matt pulled 240kg for an 825kg total
Simon pulled 250kg for an 801kg total
Nick pulled 220kg for an 800kg total

The comp doesnt start till the bar hits the floor.

I had 32 male lifters. One only tokened a 150kg deadlift due to a sore back. One was 60yo, 2 weighed 60kg.

Of the 28 remaining lifters, 20 of them deadlifted over 200kg raw

These guys would do well at any competition.

Train your deadlift.

What does Chris attribute his PB (21kg over previous PB) to? The atmosphere at the comp?

Chris's strength has improved so much good on him..

I am getting into the ukranian deadlifts more but the biggest dumbell at the gym is 50kg.. So im guessing simply more reps and more reps and more reps..

People look at me funny when i steal 2 benches to stand on in my socks :p

thanks for the reminder! In my next monocycle, I'm hoping / planning on doing sumo high pull (deadlifts) to mix things up. They look good, feel good & work the traps beautifully!

Far out, good luck with that mate.

I can see what you are saying with this thread Markos. Your deadlift should be your strongest lift, it is where you make the most ground with your lifting total.

Deadlifts have to be my fave from now on..

Markos on general how much more would a 1rm be then say your 5x5 if your 5x5 was 160?

(I know i should go out and try it and it all depends but just curious on what you have seen)

Fat Dave did 170kg x 5 x 5 tonight, his 1RM is 215kg.

Its goint to depend on whether you posses a greater number of fast twitch fibers.

Try it and compare your result to Daves

Have a crack at some 1RM's Noobs. You should push out some decent numbers, they are great fun as well.