• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A 1700 calorie food plan??

Mattias

My fiance needs to losse some wights and i´m stuck, i can´t think outside my bodybuilding bubble and she do not want to eat to much powder and supplements, now you think she have the best help in the world living with a competing bodybuilder but it´s more harder to do foodplans and workout schedule to the one you love:)

She love smoothies, veggies and fruits and yougurt, rice, the protein bit is harder couse she gets bored with meat easily and she want´s to vary the food more then mine schedules when you eat the same every day.

She do 2 whole body workouts every week and take 3-4 60min walks every week.

Hope you guys can help me with this issue:D

/Mattias

I i these boat as you,

but eating rice smoothies yoghurt ect isnt going to help her you would know this anyway.

She could piss the walks off add tabata thrusters and do a 3rd whole bopdy routine.

My fiance needs to losse some wights and i´m stuck, i can´t think outside my bodybuilding bubble and she do not want to eat to much powder and supplements, now you think she have the best help in the world living with a competing bodybuilder but it´s more harder to do foodplans and workout schedule to the one you love:)

She love smoothies, veggies and fruits and yougurt, rice, the protein bit is harder couse she gets bored with meat easily and she want´s to vary the food more then mine schedules when you eat the same every day.

She do 2 whole body workouts every week and take 3-4 60min walks every week.

Hope you guys can help me with this issue:D

/Mattias

Hi Mattias,

i have the same problem. My partner is always interested in my eating plans and different approaches and wants to get involved but find it hard to stick to, or maintain such a strict regime, here is a plan i prepared for her a while ago which has seen her get fit & toned, very active and happy. no calories counting!!

Hope this helps; i am sure somone on here will be able to devise something specific to 1700 cal intake but this worked for us.

She (they) are not bodybuilders, and for fat loss to be achieveable and maintanibale it needs to be a lifestyle choice, this plan provide lots of options and variations. it has plenty of wholefoods, which are the key to weight loss and heaps of quality protien so you can jump in with some of the meals also..

MD

Wake -up
Vital Greens + Barley grass powder / water.
This is a wholefoods supplement - buy @ GNC or any health food shops (get the berry flavour) - can add protien powder here for taste.
------------------------------------------
Workout Weight training, yoga, classes, cardio, cycling, sports, sprints, swimming, walking etc
30 mins or 3 hours later (mid morning) 1 pce fruit, 10 almonds or,
Oats with cinnamon two tblsp LSA (make with water or skim milk) or,
I pce toast with nut spread and 1/2 banana or,
2 eggs, 2 toast, 1/4 avocado spread with sliced tomatoes (yum) or,
2 slices toast dipped in egg, grilled and spread with nut spread or,
protein shake, 1 pce fruit, 10 almonds or,
1 cup muesli (no fruit), 1 tblspn LSA, 10 almonds, 1 cup yoghurt or,
eating out 2 poached eggs with toast with mushrooms and spinach no butter or
1 coffee limit!! veggie or fruit juice (apple or watermelon only) with a protein hit
Lunchtime 2 or 3 sushi rolls - chicken, prawn, salmon or tuna or,
sandwich w/ salad, avocado add chicken, tuna, turkey or beef or,
Salad with tuna (95g) or 1/4 roast chicken, small can of 4 bean mix, 1/4 avocado or,
1 cup brown rice, 1 can tuna, lemon, 4 bean mix & avocado or,
grilled fish, green salad or vegies or
Grilled chicken or steak with salad or vegies or
Chicken Caesar, no dressing, no crotons or
chicken sweet corn soup with Chinese broccoli
eating out anything Japanese with lemon - no fried crap!
-----------------------------------------
Afternoon 2 or 3 sushi rolls - chicken, prawn, salmon or tuna or,
sandwich w/ salad, avocado add chicken, tuna, turkey or beef or,
Salad with tuna (95g) or 1/4 roast chicken, small can of 4 bean mix, 1/4 avocado or,
1 cup brown rice, 1 can tuna, lemon, 4 bean mix & avocado or,
grilled fish, green salad or vegies or
Grilled chicken or steak with salad or vegies or
chicken ceaser, no dressing, no crotons or
chicken sweet corn soup with Chinese broccoli
eating out anything Japanese with lemon - no fried crap!
----------------------------------------
Workout Weight training, yoga, classes, cardio, cycling, sports, sprints, swimming, walking etc
----------------------------------------
Dinner stir fry with chicken or steak or tuna or
omelette with mushrooms and steamed vegies or
lasagne - mountain bread, cooked chicken, cottage cheese, spinach, mushrooms etc chill then bake or
chilli Con carne in lettuce cups, make with lean meat or
chicken breast coated in LSA baked in oven with roast vegies or
grilled steak, salmon, chicken with steamed vegies or large salad with lemon or
grilled fish, green salad or vegies
eating out anything Japanese with lemon - no fried crap! No rice! or
grilled fish, green salad or vegies
-----------------------------------------------------
late night Miso soup or
protein shake with water

Last edited:
I dont think sushi would be an idea thing?

Chicken sweet corn soup?

We all must have different ideas on what constitutes healthy eating.

Also doing resistance trianing on an empty stomach? No no.. Cortisol levels will be killer.

Last edited:
I dont think sushi would be an idea thing?

Chicken sweet corn soup?

We all must have different ideas on what constitutes healthy eating.

Also doing resistance trianing on an empty stomach? No no.. Cortisol levels will be killer.

Sushi.. the ultimate healthy snack! Great balance of protien, carbs, fibre & healthy fats. Always a keeper, although, plenty of other optins listed if its just not ur thing.

Weight training after a wholefood shake with Protien powder, PERFECT! Not alot of solids in your stomach and plenty of energy to burn and nutrients to aid recovery.. another keeper.

MD

Last edited:
We all must be on different planets?

Sushi and Rice has the same effect on insulin levels as sugar.

Contains sfa protein.

The ultimate healthy snack? Try tuna or cottage cheese... Not pure energy especially if your are on such a low calorie diet.

Don`t let sushi fool you.That vinegared rice contains a lot of sugar a lot of the time.Go for sashimi with a side dish of plain rice.

Let me rephrase.. the ultimate healthy PWO snack.

I agree with the sashimi personally, but the sushi rolls are great for convienience.

Correct & PEFERCT!

Basic california roll is:

140 cals, 2gF,20gC,10.5gP

Thats about perfect macros for before and after your workout! So for this plan (1700) grab 2, if your a male 90kgs+ do 4, try to pick Tuna, Chicken, Salmon, etc and split the serve PreWO & PWO, no need for a shaker!!

Noobs, tuna & cottage cheese are not going to fuel anyworkouts on this planet, and as this plan is for a generally active woman, i dont beleive it is low cal at all.

MD

Last edited:
Let me rephrase.. the ultimate healthy PWO snack.

I agree with the sashimi personally, but the sushi rolls are great for convienience.

Correct & PEFERCT!

Basic california roll is:

140 cals, 2gF,20gC,10.5gP

Thats about perfect macros for before and after your workout! So for this plan (1700) grab 2, if your a male 90kgs+ do 4, try to pick Tuna, Chicken, Salmon, etc and split the serve PreWO & PWO, no need for a shaker!!

Noobs, tuna & cottage cheese are not going to fuel anyworkouts on this planet, and as this plan is for a generally active woman, i dont beleive it is low cal at all.

MD

I find they fuel me just fine.. I dont believe i have low intensity. I honestly dont find a difference in training wether i have oats dextrose bananas apples for brekky Or bacon eggs and whey.

Maybe for someone like Fadi who puts 50 times bodyweight overhead. But majority of us dont generate that intensity.

I get confused with women (speicifcly the weightwatchers ones) who eat x amount of points and calories then do X amount of exercise to burn of the uneccisary calories from what they have eaten. Maybe fadi will have to get in my ear why we dont want lots of amino acids after training.

I considered it low cal i think i eat 970ish calories for brekky.

We are on a different planet it seems.
Are we talking Cal. rolls or sushi?Not to be confused.
And be aware of just what kind of sushi you are eating.Squid and salmon roe are very high in chol. while eel is very high in fat.Be aware of where you get it.In the cheap places the rice is laden with sugar,too much of it.
Those tables of nutritional content set it out in the best possible light,choosing the lowest fat and healthiest ingredients.

Last edited:
I find they fuel me just fine.. I dont believe i have low intensity. I honestly dont find a difference in training wether i have oats dextrose bananas apples for brekky Or bacon eggs and whey.

Really, have you tested this theory? If you were having oats, bananas and apples I can understand as these are Low GI carbs and would not create a major 'ENERGY' boost, the dextrose however remains a mystery, and if you are having this combo, I would make sure to combine it with the B&E to ensure the uptake of is assisted by protien.

Maybe for someone like Fadi who puts 50 times bodyweight overhead. But majority of us dont generate that intensity. Not really sure what you mean here, are you saying that the majority of BB's or lifters or gym goers do not require any carbs to fuel thier workout as they do not generate enough intensity to justify it?

I get confused with women (speicifcly the weightwatchers ones) who eat x amount of points and calories then do X amount of exercise to burn of the uneccisary calories from what they have eaten. Maybe fadi will have to get in my ear why we dont want lots of amino acids after training.
Again, this is not really clear, if you are saying you do not understand why women need to burn off more calories than they intake to 'watch their weight' then i must call you on that one.

I considered it low cal i think i eat 970ish calories for brekky. Are you a generally active woman? even if your not 900+ calories for breakfast.. damn!! Whats you daily total?

MD

We are on a different planet it seems.
Are we talking Cal. rolls or sushi?Not to be confused.
And be aware of just what kind of sushi you are eating.Squid and salmon roe are very high in chol. while eel is very high in fat.Be aware of where you get it.In the cheap places the rice is laden with sugar,too much of it.
Those tables of nutritional content set it out in the best possible light,choosing the lowest fat and healthiest ingredients.

This is earth right?

Talking Sushi rolls as per OP, however, note there are many suggestions here and this is just an option, i agree with your concern about the sugar. for a BB watching every ounce of fat, probably best to steer clear.

MD

Don't forget Zarkov is in Japan where they make REAL sushi. Not like the sushi we get here.

As for the 900+ cal breakfast, I have more and I don't weigh as much as Noobs. :D

Don't forget Zarkov is in Japan where they make REAL sushi. Not like the sushi we get here.

As for the 900+ cal breakfast, I have more and I don't weigh as much as Noobs. :D

Does this include any workout nutrients??

I am 95kgs, about 12-15% BF and my breaky is about 550, Whats your target cals for the day Josh?

Sorry.. this thread seems to have differed from the OP, feel free to post your own 1700 cal version.

MD

3500 at the moment. I will be bringing that down a bit. I have a stupid metabolism though, it eats through everything.

My morning shake is 1000 cals or very close to. It has milk, oats, banana, protein and honey. I workout in the evening, last time I had my shake and went and worked out I threw some of it up. That was the time I met Skidmark for a session.

What i was reffering to in regards to women is. You will find they will eat **** food and do enough exercise ot burn off the food they have eaten for example.

Eat 400 calories of chocolate and hop on the treadmill and do 400 calories of work just to have eaten the chocolate(not non sugar dark) .. That 400 calories could of gone to protein that has amino acids boosting their bodily functions and improving there general health..

After reading up specific amino acid's and their health benefits i want simply as much of them as i can take during the course of a day. Not only for muscle gains but for general health. 400 calories of carbs is pure energy it doesnt benefit my body the way 400 cal of protein does so if i was reducing calories i would reduce it form places other then protein.

Thats basically what i was saying.

As for my daily calorie total i dont know i have only worked out breakfast.. Add the calories from 3 L of milk a day then i still have the rest of my meals and half a kilo of cottage cheese before bed. The last 2 weeks i have seen massive gains in terms of size of lifts deadlift jumped 20kg! Im stoked.

That said, i could go sushi/sashimi etc breakfast lunch and dinner and all inbetween, i love japanese food. Has to be one of my favorites!@!

MD