• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi - All time best

PowerBuilder

A very quick note to say that the plan that Fadi gave me has worked like a charm. Today i hit the gym to do a 1RM on the bench press.

My previous best was 82.5...even then it was touch & go. However i smashed that. I totally owned it. I kept adding more & more weight. Until I hit the modest weight of 87.5kg. I gave 90 a go, twice actually, but both times I got the bar an inch or 2 off my chest but it wouldn't budge. That's ok. That's now my new target.

I also tested my DL. This rough, considering the amount of energy used to test my BP. At one point during the warming up process I walked away from the bar seeing stars & feeling i was going to fall over, so i knelt down & could feel myself blacking out, so i bought a full glucose drink. Basicly cordial. Anyway, possibly my performance was a little retarded due to my BP effort. My previous was 132.5. I tipped the scales at 135. I could've possibly gone heavier, but at the expense of technique, something i'm not willing to comprimise on.

Thank you fadi. What's next?!!!

Well done big fella, always aim for 2.5kg increases, they add up to massive improvement over the course of the year.

Yeah. I understand I"m pretty lucky to put on a good 5kg in a month to my bench.

I'm desperate to do the 2 plate bench.

The plan is very basic. I'd like to keep it quiet. How about you guys tease it out of me with questions! lmao

Yeah & Nah. Week to week the amounts lifted always changed. What I did on the first monday was different to what i lifted on the 2nd monday. However the same rep / sets was always done

I had 3 lifters with your goal, David (Hyjak), Dave and Dim, they all wanted the 2 plate bench.

On Saturday David benched 102.5kg, Dave benched 105kg and Dim missed 100kg by inches, he ended up on 95kg.

Nice goal to have.

theres something about hitting a 100kg bench for the first time, i dunno why but its easily been the most satisfying of any goal ive hit this year.

Yeah. It was frustrating having 90 in my hands & an a few inches off my chest but not able to move it! That bitch will soon be mine, while weighing under 70'

i was stoked when i benched 100 for the first time i did it easier then i expected, building up to it of course i was also stoked when i deadlifted 100 too theres something about that number that feels big, Next u will be like hmmmm set of 8?

i want to bench 100Kg before the end of this year. Once I finish the program I am doing with you Fadi, I wanna get into a strength training routine. Last year before I tried leaning out, I was getting 80Kg on my bench without a spotter. I was happy with that because before that 55Kg was the best I could do. I think after these next 5 weeks I will get back into a strength based training routine and I will get 100Kg easily.

Cogratulations to all those hitting goals they really want.

Small jumps lead to big numbers, keep at it.

Well done Modo for the consistency your now showing

I just want to quickly say that I maxed out with my squat. A bit of history first...

A while ago, I managed to get my squat up to 117.5. Which is, in my books a respectable weight, since it was my all time highest. I suddenly went from squatting 4 times a week at crazy volumes, to doing 50 hour work week & with family commitments, a few gym sessions were missed.

After things quietened down I couldn't handle the weight, based on the 117.5 max. So i tested it & found i couldn't get past 105. That hurdle stayed there for a long time. So i contacted fadi & we put together a plan.

4 weeks latter I tested my squat 1RM (today) and...i'm proud to announce 120kg's!!!!!!!

I'm also proud to announce that my wilks score is a modest 260.

Nice work mate, what bodyweight are you? Most of the time I find the barriers are in my head and not in my strength.

Onwards and upwards!!

I just want to quickly say that I maxed out with my squat. A bit of history first...

A while ago, I managed to get my squat up to 117.5. Which is, in my books a respectable weight, since it was my all time highest. I suddenly went from squatting 4 times a week at crazy volumes, to doing 50 hour work week & with family commitments, a few gym sessions were missed.

After things quietened down I couldn't handle the weight, based on the 117.5 max. So i tested it & found i couldn't get past 105. That hurdle stayed there for a long time. So i contacted fadi & we put together a plan.

4 weeks latter I tested my squat 1RM (today) and...i'm proud to announce 120kg's!!!!!!!

I'm also proud to announce that my wilks score is a modest 260.

I remember reading your post when I joined the forum 5 weeks ago now (on the 13-8-09) and seeing you asking for help in breaking the squat plateau of 105kg.

Well here we are 5 weeks later (not 5 months later), and we have to thank consistency. Where all is equal, consistency will make you or break you. In your case PowerBuilder, we all now know what happened. Well done mate.

It's the 3 plates that I want for you mate; 140kg.

But before we can get there, it's going to have to be 125kg/130kg first.

Fadi.

Well done Powerbuilder, thats a great effort.

Weighing under 70kg and squatting 120kg is a good effort.

I only have 4 sub 70kg lifters.

Daryl - 60kg - 110kg squat - 17yo - 6 weeks total training
Ghosty - 60kg - 131kg squat
Dim - 67kg - 125kg squat
Max - 69kg - 156kg squat

As you can see, your right amongst it with the squat. They do have higher Wilks scores though, up to 468 for Max, and the other 3 are well over 400 as well.

At least your lifts are moving in the right direction.

Max's next goal is 140kg x 20 (double bodyweight). He is up to 120kg x 20 on Wednesday. He will not do too much 1RM stuff for awhile now, he has peaked for the comp, next comp is 4 1/2 months away, time to rest those joints.

Fadi will have you on a cycle as well. Keep posting up your improvements.

theres something about hitting a 100kg bench for the first time, i dunno why but its easily been the most satisfying of any goal ive hit this year.

I had been aiming for the magic 100 (multiple sets/reps) for the past 2 years but injury,personal problems etc. set me back every time.But,with all that behind me and no new injuries I was aiming for it by the end of this year.
After reading all these stories,your own and Markos` lifters and Fadi`s advice, it just put me in a whole new frame of mind.I thought why bother with 5kg a month?why not go as far as I can?I hit 100kg at the start of this month.My first outing I did 3 sets of 5 and failed after 4 on the last two sets.Last Sat. I did 3 sets at 5 again,failed after 4 on the fourth but fired myself up for set 5 telling myself failure was not an option.
I did the 5, and then another set of 5 just to ram it home to myself.
My next goal is 1.5 my bw.At (currently) 86kg I am looking at 130 by the end of the year.My previous best is 104.5 1RM over 1 year ago at 83kg.
Now I tell myself 100 or whatever is just a number,nothing magic about it but what is more important is to push myself past my limits and far beyond.