• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Female training-PTC style

PTC

This thread is not for telling you girls how to train. Its purpose is to inform you on how other girls are lifting at another gym, what progress they are making etc.

Firstly, every single girl that lifts at PTC wants exactly the same thing that every girl busting their ass in gyms around the world wants, to be sexier.

I dont have a single girl lifting to get huge or even remotely larger, less bodyfat and a more defined upperbody, nice legs and butt. Thats the physical goals for every girl.

The strength goals though are quite interesting. Firstly it was to do dead hang wide grip unassisted chins. They've seen Nina doing them, and they all want that.

Once they had been lifting for a few weeks, and they realised they were getting stronger, they then liked the fact they could match the men in some lifts. Deadlift especially. Nina and Amanda have also squatted 100kg+.

I currently have over 20 girls at PTC. They all vary in the ammount of sessions they do per week.

Nina, Bec, Annie and Amanda all do over 7 each, they do 2 sessions per day quite often. These are the 4 strongest girls in the gym, and fittest.

The rest all do around 2-3 with some doing just 1 session per week.

Nina did 3 sessions yesterday, but only went for a 3k run tonight.

As far as weights used goes, instead of going back, I'll just comment on what happened tonight.

Annie is preparing for our lifting comp on Saturday, so she just tested her openers. She benched 55kg easily, squatted 80kg, powercleaned 61kg, push pressed 40kg x 8. Annie has been training since March.

Bec squatted 75kg, Christy squatted 70kg, both efforts are PB's

Kat trained later on tonight and squatted 80kg. These squats are all well below parallel. Kat also benched 50kg.

I have Vicki training tomorrow, she is 36yo, weighs 58kg, benches 52.5kg, deadlifts 110kg and squats 75kg. Less than 12 months lifting.

I have a group of 4 women who started on Tuesday, aged between 30-42, very unfit and out of shape, 3 of them smokers. They have booked in to train 4 mornings a week.

They do KB deadlifts, swings, cannonballs, step ups with weight, bench press, military press, KB bent rows and 10 minutes of different cardio every session.

Their progress will interest the beginners, while the more experienced of you can follow the other girls.

66.jpg

Thats a pic of Bec and Annie, fooling around with a 210kg deadlift lol

Annie deadlifts 125kg and Bec can do 130kg

Amanda does 136kg and Brittany 135kg, Nina's best is 127.5kg

25.jpg

Thats Brittany deadlifting 135kg @ 70kg and 19yo, 6 months of lifting.

24.jpg

Thats Nina chinning with added weight,her best is 16 full range deadhang chins.

As I get other pics of the girls, I'll post them up.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Very inspiring PTC. I'd love to hear the girls' results for the upcoming BATB - hear a lot about the guys but not necessarily about the girls!!

Unfortunately only Vicki and Annie are competing, another girl has a wedding on Saturday and most are going to that.

Nina is too busy feeding everyone and she'd ratherlet the other girls lift and win.

she normally does the Strongman and competes with the men

I was more talking about BATB3!

I have sent this out to a few of the ladies at my work who either go to the gym or want to get fit and toned. They were pretty amazed.

Got your swimsuit yet David

I'll film every lift the girls do Josh

Last edited:
Hey Markos,
I'm interested to know how the girls are progressing.. Particularly the group of 4 you mentioned..

Cheers,
Raphael

I've been neglecting the womens section, I apologize.

Vicki won the comp, she totalled 320kg @ 58kg for a Wilks of 362.88

Annie managed 380kg @ 76kg for a Wilks of 356.02

1.jpg

Vicki with 40kg overhead, a PB

34.jpg

Annie with a 127.5kg deadlift

44.jpg

Annie with a 57.5kg bench press

121.jpg

Vicki preparing for a 40kg powerclean, she got 42.5kg

126.jpg

Annie with 50kg overhead

150.jpg

Annie with 55kg overhead

163.jpg

Vicki with a 110kg deadlift

161.jpg

Vicki with a 105kg deadlift

164.jpg

Annie with a 127.5kg deadlift

189.jpg

Vicki with a 40kg powerclean

I have 5-6 girls lift on a regular basis at my Olympic lifting session. This session is mainly to aid with basic form, none of these girls are remotely interested in competing in Olympic lifting.

I'm already starting to see results.

Annie powercleans 61kg
Nina powercleans 57.5kg
Elissa powercleans 57.5kg
Bec powercleans 57.5kg
Amanda powercleans 57.5kg

Elissa also jerks 57.5kg, she is extremely close to bodyweight overhead.

Amanda now totals 401kg, she joins Nina in the 400kg club. Annie is on 386kg, she will join them shortly. Bec and Brittany are over 350kg.

Amanda and Britt have just returned after a layoff, and Amanda has just reclaimed her deadlift record of 136kg. Britt has pulled 135kg, Bec has pulled 130kg, as has Annie.

Nina is the only girl to deadlift double bodyweight, Vicki and Britt are very close.

The group of middle aged woman who recently started are going okay. There is now a group of 6 and they lift mostly 2-3 times a week.

They need to do an evening session with my strong girls to get a grasp on what other girls can do, they think everything is too heavy or too hard. Patience is required.....by me.

Last edited:
Bec deadlifted 137.5kg tonight, and became the first girl to deadlift 300lbs at PTC.

Elissa benched 55kg weighing 61kg. She is closest to becoming the second girl to bench bodyweight. She also deadlifted 105kg, its easily her worst lift.

Tonight Elissa became the first girl to powerclean over bodyweight with 62.5kg @ 60kg.

Amanda also powercleaned 60kg. I now have 3 girls who clean 60kg+

The Weightlifting sessions are paying off for all the clients that attend them.

The 3 leading girls with powercleans all do the Weightlifting session.

Elissa 62.5kg
Annie 61kg
Amanda 60kg

I have PLENTY of "guys" at PTC that cant clean bodyweight, yet they dont come to these sessions.

Two guys that come to all of them are Max and Dim

Max 112.5kg @ 72kg
Dim 92.5kg @ 69kg

Surprised that more dont join in really.

I have been using the power rack I got from Gym Direct to good use.

Annie did rack pulls with 150kg, a few of the other girls got 130-140kg.

Were also doing deload bench press, the girls are using 80kg.

Deadstop squats off the pins with up to 60kg are damn hard.

Nina did GVT with 60kg in the squat....10 x 10 with 60sec rest.

No, we use bands that deload thebar as it gets closer to the chest, then the assistance lessens as we approach lockout.

It changes the load pattern of a regular lift, which is hard at the bottom easy at the top, this works the exact opposite way, the weight is light at the bottom and heavy at the top.

With conventional lifting, the most weight you can lift on a particular exercise is the weight that you can move at the hardest part, generally the bottom, therefore the top portion of the lift never gets tested.

This is a way around that, overloading the part of the lift that is generally coasting.

As an example, the girls never get to use 80kg in the bench press, so no overload at the top.