• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

right knee problems

xassius

i've had pain in my right knee (only when squatting (tested with just the bar), no pain whilst doing everyday things) for nearly 2 weeks now.

As such, I haven't been squatting...and it doesn't seem to be getting much better!!! :(

Any tips for recovery?

find someone who knows how to squat to teach you the correct form...
if u are staying @ melb, u can find ptc.
if u are staying @ sydney, u can find peter

by right u should not feel any pain when squatting

dodgy form and too much weight stuffed my knee around a year or two back..
after not squatting, pretty much ever, i worked in with a mate - weight wasn't big at all, around 60kg, but I guess it was too much after never squatting - and not warming up..

I was fine for about a week, then I started getting a real sharp pain in my left knee, and it was cracking big time (crepitus).
Not sure if you have any symptoms aside from when you squat..
Physio helped a lot.. Got me wearing a special brace to control the movement of my patella..

As the others have said - physio + learn how to squat properly.

:)

i have seen peter.

I am pretty sure my back squat form is correct (will have a session with peter again though, once this knee thing goes away). It was my starting powerclean position (i think....and since corrected by peter) that was problematic.

thanks though. (will possibly see a physio :p)

He means you should see a physio.

He means that he is not a medically-trained person, and even if he were people cannot diagnose you online they have to meet you, and so you should see a physio.

Ooh a knee problem, im good with these! If the pain is not from poor form, stance or from stablising muscles working over time for the latter, then there is No Recovery mate, its all diagnostic from here, until you find out what the deal is. its a good idea for sporty people to have their knees scanned from time to time. It maybe anything from cartillage issues (overgrowth - Torn - Wears and thinning) to ligament issues, even the way fluid sits in your knee can bring on pain when in certain strains. <- Ofcoarse, all worst case senarios.

Go get it checked out mate. Better to be safe with such a major joint

Last edited:
Kyle and Ricko have provide the only two sensible answers.
No on here AFAIK is a trained professional and even if they were it would be impossible to diagnose.It could have nothing to do with form etc.
Coming from someone who has had a serious knee problem that effectively put me out of action for 2 years I`m telling you this - don`t even mess around with it.Get it checked out.