• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hi

C

Chubberz

Hi All,

I just wanted to say hi and just introduce myself, i have posted in the introduce yourself post but i just thought i'd give you a snap shot of my sitaution at the moment.

I have been doing on and off weight training for the past 12months, my weight has remained the same 75kg but i have obviously changed alot of that fat into muscle so im ecstatic!!

I know that if i stick to training regularly and actually stick to a clean diet it will come off but i have problems staying dedicated because i feel as though i dont have anyone supporting me. In saying that i have a great boyfriend who introduced me to this lifestyle but he isnt around everyday and no one at home really understands the change in my life im trying to make.

At the moment my training looks like this:

Monday:
Squats 3x10
Military Press 3x6
SLDL 2x12
Bent Rows 3x8
Dips 3xMax

Wednesday:
Squats 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Deadlifts 5x5

Friday:
Squats 1x20
Push Press 5x3
Powercleans 5x3
BB Curls 3x8
Close Grip Bench 3x6

Squats= 40kg
Deadlifts= 50kg
Bench= 30kg
Push Press= 25kg
Military Press=25 kg
Bent Rows= 30kg
BB Curls= 30kg
Powercleans= 30kg

and my diet is generally like this:

Breakfast:
3 eggs
1 piece of fruit
Protein Shake

Morning Tea:
95gms Tuna in olive oil
Salad

Lunch:
Chicken/Lamb pieces
Salad/veges
A piece of fruit

Afternoon Tea:
250gm Cottage Cheese
Tomatoes

Dinner:
Chicken/Lamb
Salad/Veges

Supper:
Cottage cheese

Any comments, suggestions, critics?

Hi Chubberz,

Please check back with the “introduce yourself” thread for a word from me. Looking at your program now, I see it being geared mainly for strength and some muscle hypertrophy. I know that you like the heavy stuff and that's great. However to achieve the metabolism speed that will enable you to shed 10kg of fat, you're going to incorporate few other things into your program.

Please check what I've requested of you and then give me your opinion. We can take it from there after that if you wish.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Hey Chubberz - Welcome!

It seems you are pretty dedicted there with your work out plan & watching your food intake, which is great.

You will find all sorts of suggestions here & support - it's a great place!

Chubberz, can I ask where you got that program and diet from, it looks very familiar.

Cheers

Markos

Hi Chubberz,

Fadi is right, weight training alone won't help shed the kilo's and it wont speed the metabolism up as much as you would like.

I suggest including at least 3 days worth of high intensity cardio training (preferably intervals) consisting of ATLEAST 20 minutes. More is better, but it depends on your fitness level. Build it up from 20 minutes.

Also, eating 6 small meals a day speeds up the metabolism big time! This is because your body is constantly working to breakdown the food to get the nutrients. I noticed you do eat 6 meals in your day, how much time do you leave between each meal? 2 - 3 hours is recommended. :)

If you want any more advice, feel free to ask me. I am almost finished studying certificate IV in fitness, so in 2 weeks I will be a qualified personal trainer. :)

From Katie.

Last edited: