• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bought new running shoes - with no research big mistake

L

-LJ-

Hi all,

On the advice of my fitness instructor I went and bought some new running shoes. She recommended I go to Athletes Foot. I went to Athletes Foot and got fitted for some Adidas Sequence Two runners. I bought them for $200.

Now I find I could have gotten them for $100 from Foot Locker or even cheaper online (as low as $75).

So it pays to do your research before hand. It is amazing that there is such a price difference. I had never bought proper runners before hence why I didn't look around. Now at least I know I am a US 8.5 and have a neutral foot.

ASNSQ2M-fv.jpg

See, I told you that you should have talked to me already about everything fitness related, I have a lot to learn but I could help you with this sort of stuff! :)

Always shop around for everything. It's amazing the price difference in all sorts of stuff from milk to Mercedes.

Yeah I think I paid about 120 for a pair of NB runners, though the big reason I bought them is i've got a pretty big foot so its really hard for me to find shoes. The conversation went something like:

Me: What's the biggest size running shoe you got mate?
Sales Rep: I think a 14 is the biggest, in this style here. *points to shoe on wall*
Me: Yeah righto, bring it out and i'll try it on.
Sales Rep walks off out the back and comes back out with the box.
Sales Rep: We've actually got a 15 in it, only one set though and they're white.
Me: You beauty! Give them here! *try them on*
Me: Sold mate!

Even when I was in high school, my shoe size was bigger than my age at one stage so when people told me to act my age and not my shoe size, I shut them down!

Well if you buy a 2nd pair online for later use, that will average $137.50, which isn't so bad...
But yes, if you don't shop around you will probably pay too much.

Maybe you should joke with your female fitness instructor that you will have to find a cheaper instructor, as the vendor she recommended you overcharged you and now you have to tighten your fitness budget.

Well if you buy a 2nd pair online for later use, that will average $137.50, which isn't so bad...
But yes, if you don't shop around you will probably pay too much.

Maybe you should joke with your female fitness instructor that you will have to find a cheaper instructor, as the vendor she recommended you overcharged you and now you have to tighten your fitness budget.

Not my own fitness instructor, the gym instructor that anyone can ask questions. I don't feel it is her fault at all. In fact it is good I had my feet measured with their high tech measuring computer so I know I have a neutral foot. Just next time I will buy somewhere else for half the price!

Not my own fitness instructor, the gym instructor that anyone can ask questions. I don't feel it is her fault at all. In fact it is good I had my feet measured with their high tech measuring computer so I know I have a neutral foot. Just next time I will buy somewhere else for half the price!

Well, now we know how those high tech measuring computers get paid for..

Hi all,

On the advice of my fitness instructor I went and bought some new running shoes. She recommended I go to Athletes Foot. I went to Athletes Foot and got fitted for some Adidas Sequence Two runners. I bought them for $200.

Now I find I could have gotten them for $100 from Foot Locker or even cheaper online (as low as $75).

So it pays to do your research before hand. It is amazing that there is such a price difference. I had never bought proper runners before hence why I didn't look around. Now at least I know I am a US 8.5 and have a neutral foot.

ASNSQ2M-fv.jpg

LJ, people turn to forums for real life experiences and not bull. Kyle is right. We do have some real experts here about the hill you're climbing at the moment. Call on them next time before you...

Fadi.

Yeah Footlocker were only $99 for the same pair! I have to travel a little further to get to a store though but it will be worth it for $100.

Well, now we know how those high tech measuring computers get paid for..

That was exactly what I was thinking. Probably the only advantage of going to The Athletes Foot.

I am only comparing one shoe so Athletes Foot might not be so expensive but I doubt it now.

Next time go and get fitted and then remember that you forgot your cash and card.Then go and find the cheapest pair elsewhere.

Athletes foot is great for getting a proper fitting shoe, as not many other retailers have staff who are sufficiently trained or experienced to sell such products.

Anyone else ever see the irony in a big fatty telling you why this running shoe is better than that one...?

Get a shoe fitted correctly at athletes foot, take note of the size and model then walk away and shop around to your hearts content.

To be honest though, if Athletes Foot are investing in high tech measuring computers for their customers, and you are making use of their services, they deserve to get paid for that service.

Maybe not $100, but something, so you can't feel too bad for the experience.

To be honest though, if Athletes Foot are investing in high tech measuring computers for their customers, and you are making use of their services, they deserve to get paid for that service.

A premium of 10-15% but not 100% or in my case, even more than 100%.

Fair comment, but if you feel like that you can always buy some socks!

Guys I made a mistake. The $75 was actually at a USA online store so doesn't compare. I can't find on footlockers website where they had them for $99. I will keep looking. Rebel Sport had them for $169 marked down from $200 but can't find any better.