• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sudden loss of appetite

katie

To all you the big eaters out there - the ones who eat 6 meals a day, 30g+ of protein in each meal, etc etc.

Have you ever experienced a sudden loss of appetite? When it gets harder than usual to fit all that food in?

Lately I've had no appetite when it comes to eating my usual 6 meals a day (a process I've kept up for the last 3-4 months). Obviously this is something I'll bring up with my GP, but I just wanted to know if anyone has gone through phases like this.

Yes, on about 3 meals out of the 4-5 I'm having each day.

Your body is pretty good at adjusting appetite to fit the caloric and nutritional demands being put on it. If you are cutting you will get hungry all the time, if you are bulking you will get sick of eating.

Depends on what you are doing.. If im sitting in frotn of the computer all day i have to force myself to eat. If im training or recovering then no problem eating a whole chicken.

Also since i have gone from 84 - 99 kilos recently my appatite has dropped. Guessing my body knows it has put o nweight and is trying to counteract it via appetite control.

Heh! Just goes to show my body didn't like that extra weight I was so happy to put on - I've dipped down a bit again.

I think I'm not pushing myself hard enough on the workouts - had a week off and since then have been taking it easy (maybe a bit too easy), so the body doesn't see why it needs to eat as it's not really growing anyway.

To all you the big eaters out there - the ones who eat 6 meals a day, 30g+ of protein in each meal, etc etc.

Have you ever experienced a sudden loss of appetite? When it gets harder than usual to fit all that food in?

Lately I've had no appetite when it comes to eating my usual 6 meals a day (a process I've kept up for the last 3-4 months). Obviously this is something I'll bring up with my GP, but I just wanted to know if anyone has gone through phases like this.

Hi Katie,

If your immune system is run down, it will show up in a blood test with a high white blood cell count. Another aspect of a sudden loss of appetite is anxiety about something. Or it could simply mean your body asking for different type/kind of foods than you've been feeding it lately. Do you have cravings?

Fadi.

Hmm, anxiety about something - you can say that again, I've been studying night and day for some upcoming exams.

Lately I've had cravings for sugary foods eg. the chocolates and biscuits at work. I haven't had these for the past 3-4 months, but recently I've caved over the past week.... I think I go for these foods for the sugary "hit" it gives me as I've been quite tired lately.

Right, I'm going to get checked out by my GP - ringing up to make the appointment now. Thanks everyone for the support. I know that ausbb isn't a health forum but it's great to have people ask me thought provoking questions.

I get that often and find a change of diet kick starts it again.Instead of chicken and veg I`ll go for fish and salad.Plus I always find that garden salad goes through me a lot easier.I get a bit heavy and bloated feeling so going a bit lighter for a few days gets me moving again.