• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Crossfit looks like the shiz

PowerBuilder

I just found this vid

Circuits CrossFit / MMA style

As a powerbuilder, would something like that be a'ight, or is it too aerobic...or is that stupid thinking? Fadi is my trainer, he's given me a program. If he says to stick with the current program & we'll look at that type of training latter...great. If he says to drop it & do the above thing now, i will. If he says forget it, i will.

What dya'll think anyway?

God i'm unfit lol

I cant believe your questioning your trainer

Isnt your PM button working

CrossFit has its place

WTF is a powerbuilder anyway?

I cant believe your questioning your trainer

Isnt your PM button working

CrossFit has its place

WTF is a powerbuilder anyway?

Typical. Your mr poopy pants downer who thinks he's better than everybody else.

I never said i was questioning my trainer. I'm all his. I'm working towards being better than him.

I would stick to one training style for long enough to see if it's giving you the results you want before rejecting it and trying another.

The best workout is the one you stick to.

Yes. I know guys. This isn't new information. I plan on sticking to the current program. Why drop something that's working?

Powerbuilder crossfit is awesome for women, is makes girls hot. Check out the hot crossfit girls thread on T-nation.com for proof.

For guys it has major floors. Particularly for someone like you who harbours aspirations of powerlifting. The major floor is that it creates weak athletes. A good mate of mine is a crossfit trainer, even spent time in the USA to get certified, competes at the crossfit games, blah blah blah. He competed at Markos' 5 lift comp last year, he came last, dead last.

I was in Whistler last year and the only gym was a crossfit one, so I thought I would check it out after a day on the slopes. I saw they had a record board, I could not believe how low the lifts were. Nobody in the gym could squat more than 140kg or deadlift more than 200kg, and the gym has been operating 3 years!

If you really do want to be a powelifter then stay the fcuk away from crossfit.

If yout goals are the same then the training and diet should be similar. I dont know what your doing, what your goals are or what your girls wants.

PM me if you like.

What a sensible post in regards to the crossfit pics

I don't mean to be a buzzkill here but...While these chicks are definately hot, some of you need to calm down with the whole crossfit thing. Crossfit didn't make these chicks hot. You're kidding yourself if you think it does. You will just wind up with an injured, burned out, pissed off fat girlfriend in the end.

What crossfit does is attract a bunch of exercise addicted women, with a certain genetic profile, who are compulsed to workout out and eat a certain way. The key word is compulsion. There is nothing magical about it. While crossfit might get chicks off a pink dumbbells and kickbacks and replace them with chins and cleans most of these girls, especially the freaks, were already athletic to begin with.

I know one of the girls featured here and she participated in triathalons for many years. Once she cut her running down from 50 miles a week to 20 and picked up weights she developed a little more ripped muscle than she already had. Crossfit didn' create her and it is not going to make a fat guys girlfriend look like this.

Another chick I know has her own crossfit gym and she carries on her website about how awesome crossfit is. She almost gets in a rapture about it. Her photos show how hot she looks and I am sure the average putz looks at that and thinks crossfit is responsible for her body. Problem is she just started crossfit a couple years ago and before that she was a trainer and aerobics instructor and a competitive bodybuilder for 10 years!

Thanks markos,

I dont intend for her to do crossfit. SImply add some compelxes in after as NPR suggested and crossfit might be a way to find some interesting ones.

Since the dvd i love the judd and have done it a few times and everyone lookes at me in awe at the gym. ;) Only with they had kettleballs.