• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

whats the best supplaments for adding size and muscle

R

raven819

hey guys as the topics says what would u say were the key (best)supplaments for adding size a building up muscle...

milk
beef
chicken
lamb
roo
salmon
eggs
fruit
vegies
nuts
beans
milk powder
milk

And also, milk.

Most "mass gainer" supps are just protein powder and sugar, made from milk or soy products. The real thing is cheaper.

I don't know if it is cheaper Kyle. I worked it out that for me to get 24grams of protein from my powder costs only $1. Although I can get a can of tuna for 99 cents from Aldi which has the same amount of protein I don't feel like eating it everyday.

Depends where you live and what the shops are like.

If your 24g protein from powder costs $1, that's $1/0.024kg = $42/kg protein

Here I can get
- topside steak, 1kg, $8 = 250g protein, $32/kg protein
- almonds, 1kg, $8 = 220g protein, $36/kg protein
- roasted peanuts, 1kg, $7 = 248g protein, $28kg/protein
- eggs, tray of 30, $6 = 195g protein, $31/kg protein
- UHT milk, $1.08/lt = 32g protein, $34/kg protein
- chicken breast, $8/kg = 300g protein, $27/kg

and so on - regular prices only, not specials.

The reason for protein and carbs powder is two. Firstly, if you find it physically difficult to eat the volume of food to give you enough carbs and protein. Secondly, if you need something which can digest very quickly, such as before or after a workout - regular food can take 2-6 hours to digest properly, a shake can be through you in half an hour.

But it ain't cheaper unless you're getting premium steak, salmon, or are generally very bad at shopping :D

Clayton shops, Chinese butcher. Heaps of Chinese and Indians around here, they drive a hard bargain, keeps all the prices low.

Also Tasman Meats at Moorrabbin or Southland is really cheap.

Last edited:
While whole food is best supps do have their place. I use a heap of protein powder, usually 2-3 shakes a day. Mind you I also have 6 whole meals.

Supps I use:
Protein powder - whatever is on special
Fish oil tabs - 8-10 a day
Multi V - 1 a day

I have tried creatine but found it mostly useless.

hey guys as the topics says what would u say were the key (best)supplaments for adding size a building up muscle...

Raven, the best whatever is whatever Raven will be consistent in having and looking forward to having. Now beat that!

PS: The other Gents have giving you some great advice also.

Fadi.

How many of these threads do you want to start Raven? Eat, Lift and Rest.

When you get that down, then you can think about supplements. Above are the basics to getting big.

the best supplement in the history of bodybuilding (and mankind for that matter) is Anabolic Halo by MuscleTech. The second best is Anabolic Pump by USP Labs.

But for some reason, they both didn't do a thing for the millions of people who used them... oh other than cause stomach aches.

While whole food is best supps do have their place. I use a heap of protein powder, usually 2-3 shakes a day. Mind you I also have 6 whole meals.

Supps I use:
Protein powder - whatever is on special
Fish oil tabs - 8-10 a day
Multi V - 1 a day

I have tried creatine but found it mostly useless.
It Doesnt happen overnight as long as you are eating or drinking lots of protein and you are making gains in your lifts in time you will grow.
The mistake alot of people make is going up to much in weights and only doing 1 or 2 reps,leave the egos behind and if you can do for example bench 90kgs 10 times, next week try 95kgs 10 times you get the picture going up gradually in weights with reps of 8 to 10 will make you grow quicker than doing 1 to 4 reps ..................

reps of 8 to 10 will make you grow quicker than doing 1 to 4 reps ..................
Yeah, so true. Like weightlifters who do stuff like 20 sets of 1-3 reps for a compound exercise.

Like this guy.

ivan-stoitsov.jpg

No muscles there!

Or these Chinese guys.

weightlifters.jpg

Pencil-necks, every one of them.

Yeah, so true. Like weightlifters who do stuff like 20 sets of 1-3 reps for a compound exercise.

Like this guy.

ivan-stoitsov.jpg

No muscles there!

Or these Chinese guys.

weightlifters.jpg

Pencil-necks, every one of them.

Things have changed a lot since the late 70s early 80s when weightlifting was synonomous with the look of the weightlifting legend: Mr. Vasill Alexeyev.

0414_large.jpg

Fadi.

That picture of that weightlifter in the white pants is amazing. I would love to look like that!