• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ok Drugs!

Fadi

This is NOT a prescription on how to but rather where to?

Previous generations were targeted with coca cola and got addicted to the caffeine hit within. This generation is being targeted with drinks like V with the same aim of addicting the young masses.

Bodybuilders of old were in one class. Today they’re in a different class. Where do you think we’ll be in the future? Will these morphed photos be a reality someday? (Please note: only the male has been morphed). Where’s bodybuilding heading in your opinion and can we do anything to alter its course by our competition votes etc?

It’s our sport and it reflects on each one of us whether we partake in drugs or not. Something for you to contemplate.

index.php

There is a drug in the woodworks and it’s called MY0-029. This drug works in a similar fashion to some high blood pressure medications in the sense of inhibiting or blocking a certain chemical the body makes. Now for the full low down on the GDF-8 (Myostatin) issue.

The latest info which is based on a statement by the former developer of MYO-029, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, is that the trial on this drug has been stopped and the company will not continue in its development. However, they say that they are still committed to discovering and developing treatments for muscle diseases and will continue to explore Myostatin inhibiting drugs along with other strategies.

index.php

index.php

So if anyone approaches or promises you of anything resembling a cure or rather an antagonist / inhibiter for Myostatin, you can tell them Fadi said "Get Lost!"

MYO-029’s aim was to block Myostatin and therefore give muscles which are affected by it a chance to become larger and stronger. After two trials, MYO-029 had failed to deliver!

There are few people in the world with Myostatin deficiencies. Some say Ronnie may have been one, (I say no way), especially when you compare him with other bodybuilders. The man is just no where big enough. However, for the genuine ones who do have Myostatin deficiencies AND decide to become bodybuilders, then the morphed photo I posted here would become a freaking reality!!!

index.php

index.php

The info I’ve posted is based on March of 2008. So if you have something later than that or you know of a company who’s developing an anti Myostatin drug, I’ll be interested to know about it.

Nothing like NATURAL BODYBUILDING I say!

index.php

What do you get when you mate a lion with a tiger? A liger! A huge 900lbs beast of an animal that's what! You’ve probably seen this before, but for the benefit of those who haven't...

index.php

index.php

SARM
A company by the name of GTx.Inc has produced and trialed a NON-steroidal Second Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM) drug known as Ostarine. It’s an oral drug that is showing great promise in the treatment of muscle wasting in patients with cancer induced muscle loss, also known as cancer cachexia. According to studies conducted by GTx, SARMs give similar benefits of testosterone, without the detrimental side effects. That means the anabolic building activity of testosterone without its unwanted androgenic side effects on prostate and skin sebaceous glands. So burn victims will benefit as well as people my age or older who can suffer from menopause andropause.

It is rumored that elite athletes are already taking advantage of SARMs, while the World Anti-Doping Agency and others scramble to find a working detection procedure. Really?! That’s what I’ve been saying for the past 10 years or more. The elite athletes have always had access to drugs the normal population or other athletes could only dream about. Not to mention designer drugs of course! Ah, now I’m being politically incorrect. What’s new, I’ve always been known to be a controversial type of fellow. Non mainstream if you like. Back to the topic. This drug is being trialed for a variety of ailments in addition to what I had mentioned already, osteoporosis is one to name but another.

Another SARM drug that is being trialed by GTx is Toremifene. Nothing to do with muscles here Gents, but all to do with prostate problems. Sounds a lot like tamoxifen/Nolvadex doesn’t it? That’s the old school SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators).

No, you can’t get a script for Ostarine from your GP, it’s not available yet. Black market? Sorry, don’t know what you’re talking about!

Fadi.

I believe that the sport or art of bodybuilding should present an image of bodies which are attainable by most people with some years of hard work and good diet, and which are an image not merely of beauty, and certainly not of shockingly large muscles or low bodyfat, but instead good health.

Drug-enhanced bodies have done immeasurable harm to the health and fitness industry by presenting a freakish and frightening image which has turned many would-be trainees away from resistance training. When they say, "I don't want to look like a bodybuilder," they don't mean someone like Steve Reeves but someone like Ronnie Coleman.

Sadly I don't see how reversing this can be achieved. There's too much money involved. Money corrupts things and turns them nasty.

I believe that the sport or art of bodybuilding should present an image of bodies which are attainable by most people with some years of hard work and good diet, and which are an image not merely of beauty, and certainly not of shockingly large muscles or low bodyfat, but instead good health.

Drug-enhanced bodies have done immeasurable harm to the health and fitness industry by presenting a freakish and frightening image which has turned many would-be trainees away from resistance training. When they say, "I don't want to look like a bodybuilder," they don't mean someone like Steve Reeves but someone like Ronnie Coleman.

Sadly I don't see how reversing this can be achieved. There's too much money involved. Money corrupts things and turns them nasty.

I hear you loud and clear Kyle and I'm with you 100%. I sincerely believe that people such as you can do plenty at the gym level (at least). I for one am totally against the eating habits of bodybuilders and the low fat levels they get into during contest time.

Yes it is unfortunate that money play a huge part in it all. After all, people go to a zoo to see lions and tigers and not pussycat. However between a lion and a pussycat there are many amazingly beautiful and majestic big cats, wouldn't you agree? It's these cats that I would like to see. The Jaguars and the Panthers; neither over the top in size and yet incomparable to a domestic pussycat.

If I do my part and you do yours, eventually the demand for such a bodybuilding look as we have today will be "out of fashion". Ask around, no one like the bloated stomachs that comes with the territory of being freakish big.

The first thing we do is we discuss the issue as we're doing now. Imagine all members of AUSBB having one single voice on this issue. Then we take it to the promoters and the judges who ultimately judge these physiques based on certain criteria. Too lean and you lose points!

Fadi.

Last edited:
nice post Fadi.
haha I remember Folstaxan, the supposed Myostatin inhibitor. It miserably failed.
Looks like the same creators have come up with Myo-29 which is likely another failure.

Im a little confused by your post fadi. I dont know what the 4 photos are under the bull?

Pretty sure it's rats. One without the wonder drug and one with.
Both without skin it seems...unless that is a side of the drug :p

Isn't the purpose of bodybuilding to be the most muscular person? The act of getting shredded allows the size to be decently judged. To do bodybuilding and not wanting to get "too" big is like saying you don't want to be too wealthy, just a little rich. You guys take the high road I'll take the inhabitor!

No the goal of bodybuilding is proportion and sculpting the human body within symetrical boundaries.

Reason why many agree arnold was the altime greatest however he was not the largest.

Symmetry is the deffinition of beauty everything must be in perfect balance to be seen as beautiful.

Surely is discouraging knowing someone can build what I built in the last two years in a matter of months. So really it hasn't just wrecked the image but it has made unattainable things quiet possible...Not only is it steering these would be trainees away because they don't want to be a massive "body builder" but on the other side of the fence it pushes the people that really do to make the decision that a shortcut is a solution.

Kyle I completely agree with you. Good health is why I train and its a pity BB contests don't have biological age calculations or some other means of testing that went towards the final score.

For the record though I don't mind my dog being unhealthy if he is going to be that staunch! :eek:

lol..

But how many people here are actually bodybuilders?

Im just a guy who is interested in health who wants to be strong and lift heavy shit. I am in no way interested in bodybuilding or drugs.

If i wanted to be a body building i would of hit the juice and done a full body slip 7 days a weak squeezing at the top of my leg extensions.

Bodybiulding is a sport, sport and mostly proffessional sport is NOT a healthy pursuit.

Benefits of Strength Training

Improves glucose metabolism
Adds lean tissue
Decreases discomfort caused due to arthritis
Increases bone mineral density
Hastens gastrointestinal movement
Improves resting metabolism
Reduces resting blood pressure
Decreases body weight
Helps in making seniors more active
Boosts low back strength
Firms muscles
Increases daily energy utilization
Increases hormone production
Alleviates mood
Improves immune system
Improves balance
Reduces chances of injury
Strengthens heart and lungs
Corrects posture
Helps in getting a sound sleep

Last edited:
n00b's i ran a poll here and found that there is pretty much NO active competitive bodybuilders. That's weird considering the message boards name

Lol, maybe we should vote to change it :p

gives us a bad name.

If i wanted that i would be a tnation or bodybuilding .com