• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lost 5kg, and set a new Bench PR

T

thugz8

No joke. This is true, and, I owe it all to proper diet. Dont underestimate the power of the diet. Diet > all suppliments.

Oh, and btw, I weigh in at 85kg now, 5"10, bench 4x8x70kg.

ok i have said it before and i am gonna say it again. this guy is similar stats to me, but benches around 20-25Kg more than me, and for more reps. how so??

Ok, that bench is a slight lie, i needed a small spot on the last 2 of the final set.

That said, whats your training technique ?
How are your other lifts ?

My bench started very low, and slowly increased. Fixed up my diet a little (still quite bad), and it sky-rocketed. Now my diet is much much better, its still going up, while fat is coming off.

Congratulations on the good lift and the weight loss.

And your squat, deadlift, rows, powercleans and all the rest? :)

Modo, this is thugz8's thread to congratulate him, you have your journal thread to talk about you and your problems.

^ I have a slightly different gym routine to alot of people. Same may not see it as decent, but I have my reasons. Family weak knees have caused me to never squat.

Ill list some other lifts below.
DB shoulder press, 2x22.5kg
DB Bench 2x27.5kg
DB Incline 2x25kg
DB Curls 2x17.5kg
close grip bench 1x 55kg
Preacher 42kg

All weights include the bar, and all are for 4 sets, 8 reps.

I started off using lots of sups, and getting average gains. Now, with a correct diet, and a couple of key supps I am seeing great gains. Cant wait till i start to bulk with my new found knowledge.

I was just saying in the gym today, funny how many blokes have got bad knees or backs which prevent them from squatting or deadlifting, and yet... their shoulder injuries don't stop them bench-pressing.

Amazing. :p

I have a lumbar scoliosis and I squat, and it helps immensely. Surely weak knees become stronger when you exercise them?

It's crazy, but you actually will get bigger arms with bicep curls + squatting than you would from bicep curls alone. Some wacky science thing, I dunno. It's like the fukking hard work of the squat SHOCKS your body and makes it desperate to change.

Talk to your physio and see what they say. If your physio does not prohibit a particular exercise, then you should give it a go.

well done on the PB Thugz. as far as your knees go, ive got a knee problem too which kept me away from squats. i saw a few physios which did nothing for me then i found a physio that lifts weights. i now squat and i love it.

It's crazy, but you actually will get bigger arms with bicep curls + squatting than you would from bicep curls alone. Some wacky science thing, I dunno. It's like the fukking hard work of the squat SHOCKS your body and makes it desperate to change.

This is true. I recall reading somewhere that the increased load on your body that is generated by Squats and Deadlifts forces your body to create more testosterone - to great effect and helps with the growth of other muscles in the body.

I'm similar stats to you guys, 86kgs, 16%bf and 5'10 tall.

I Squat 140kgs, DL 155kgs, and only recently hit a pb of 95kgs on the bench after hovering around 80kgs for a year. (all 5 rep max)

I have noticed a definate improvement with a change in diet of late and realise that all the supplements in the world are no substitute for a suitable healthy diet and old fashioned hard work.