• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Manuka Honey

aj1221

The other day i was at the start of a cold when one of my mates from work told me about manuka honey. Its a natural honey which has antibiotic healing properties. i tried some of this stuff and it was bloody amazing. I pretty much only had cold symptoms for a day... so instead of being out of the gym for a week i just took an extra rest day and was able to get back to the gym today feeling great.

look it up on the net, its good stuff!

The other day i was at the start of a cold when one of my mates from work told me about manuka honey. Its a natural honey which has antibiotic healing properties. i tried some of this stuff and it was bloody amazing. I pretty much only had cold symptoms for a day... so instead of being out of the gym for a week i just took an extra rest day and was able to get back to the gym today feeling great.

look it up on the net, its good stuff!

Manuka honey is one of nature's best antibiotics AJ. Actually honey is an antiseptic/antibiotic by nature. However the honey you buy from the supermarket today has been altered out of shape for fear of "poisoning the public" with its natural and powerful properties.

If I may add to what you've already stated AJ, a squeeze of lemon juice would go a long way to accentuate the positive properties of manuka honey. I'd usually have Roobios tea with a teaspoon of Manuka honey and a squeeze of lemon 3x/day when any sign of a bacteria attack is approaching.

Fadi.

Thanks Fadi. Ill have to try that next time. I also saw on the net that in some tests they did in comparison to pharmaceutical antibiotics, the manuka honey actually performed better in killing the bad bacteria and in most cases left the good bacteria untouched.

nice stats btw!

Thanks Fadi. Ill have to try that next time. I also saw on the net that in some tests they did in comparison to pharmaceutical antibiotics, the manuka honey actually performed better in killing the bad bacteria and in most cases left the good bacteria untouched.

nice stats btw!

AJ, the thanks go to you my friend for starting this thread. I'm sure it would become very handy if and when people get sick. As far as Manuka honey killing the badies whilst leaving the goodies; I totally believe it. Just by leaving the good bacteria (yes I believe it will leave all the good bacteria despite the above study), then based on that alone would render it more powerful than your normal pharmaceutical antibiotics.

Again, thank you AJ for bringing the forum's attention to this mighty powerhouse.

PS: Always listen to your Doctor’s advice (if he/she is good).

Fadi.

manuka honey

A while ago, my rabbit had hurt it's feet so the vet prescribed manuka honey to applied topically to the wounds to prevent infection.

It was at this time that I first tasted it. Quite a different taste...very strong and very "medicinal tasting". Bit of an acquired taste as far as I found.

A while ago, my rabbit had hurt it's feet so the vet prescribed manuka honey to applied topically to the wounds to prevent infection.

It was at this time that I first tasted it. Quite a different taste...very strong and very "medicinal tasting". Bit of an acquired taste as far as I found.

There are too many versions and all taste different. In fact some have the consistency of peanut-butter intsead of the runny type. Garlic would do the same thing when applied on the skin. I know that for a fact. Got stung by no less than few hundred bees when waging war on their bee hive (as a kid). Long story...

PS: I trust the bunny's doing fine?

Fadi.