• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bad Creatine Headache

L

-LJ-

Hello all,

I am very new to the gym scene and was drawn to Ausbb to get some advice and research how to effectively use my time at the gym to get fit, build muscle and build strength.

I ordered some Creatine powder late last week and it arrived today. I had the recommended dose and an hour afterwards I got a headache. I believe it was from the Creatine powder. I have searched on Google and it seems there are other instances of people getting headaches after trying Creatine powder. I want to try it again but the question is do you think my body will get used to it and the headaches go away? Otherwise thats $50 down the drain as I ordered 1kg worth. :(

LJ

Last edited:
LJ, what type of Creatine is it? How much did you have? I am thinking you possibly weren't drinking enough water and possibly it was a bit of a dehydration headache as creatine draws water to your muscles. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I drink at least 3L a day.

Thanks for your reply Josh.

It is Redbak Creatine and I took the recommended 2/3 teaspoon worth in a whey protein shake. This was Redbak Whey protein as well (the WPC+WPI). I mixed in some skim milk powder for taste. As I have had a few Whey Protein shakes at the gym bought over the counter I suspect it is the Creatine but was also the first time to have the Redbak Whey powder.

Ah, you can't really work out what it was then. Try each seperately and see if it happens again, maybe it was not related at all?

Sorry upg, when I put down 2/3 I meant it as two thirds of a teaspoon.

Will try again tomorrow. I plan to make a 500ml shake up with whey powder and creatine to drink 250ml before workout and 250ml after the workout and see if it happens again.

Well so far so good after drinking all of the 500ml and no headache!

Yep, drank 1.5 litres at the gym and now drinking more at home.