• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

a little speed bump

eje

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed today...finding it hard to get into a good head space, feeling anxious and upset. Some big life changes this week - good changes that need to happen but I'm scared to put into effect.
Also, my PT has been onto me again this morning about doing too much and wants me to drop another cardio session each week (already dropped thur evening boxing)...thinks I am losing of the goal of bulking up and am doing the cardio for stress relief....Haven't lost any weight, just not moving forward with weights like I was and don't bring the energy to the PT sessions that I was before.
I know he's right...just feeling bummed in this moment that I have to give up things I enjoy to move forward.:(..can't I have it both ways????
Thanks for listening to me whine..I'll bounce back tomorrow I'm sure.

Hi eje,

Feel free to vent all you like - that's what the forum is here for - a listening ear and a helping hand when needed.

I can certainly share some of your thoughts - I too am guilty of doing too much - even when I genuinely enjoy all those things (basketball, running, etc etc).

Sounds like you don't want to give up cardio, but yet you sound a bit tired and drained. Maybe you need a couple of solid days rest to recover, and then get back into it with the reduced cardio session. Ultimately you need to work out in a sustainable manner - so ask yourself, can you sustain your current schedule??

When I first started working out, I loved it so much - exercised about 9 times a week. "Rest day?!? What's that?" But in the end it did me more harm than good. I'm still learning to cut back.

Thanks Katie...I knew you would understand. I think I will give myself a mental break today and I will revisit the schedule when a bit less emotional. I know its about finding the balance...not much room in my head for balance today

Yeah, sounds like a break will do you wonders. Let us know how you go :)

If only I hadn't earned the nickname "Keen Katie" by being over-keen!!

Well its a few days later and the speed bump is behind me. I survived without cardio session this week - I still walked the dog and I have to admit I did have a 15 min box here at home yesterday while I put my husband through some exercises. This morning I had a PT session and felt like the energy was back. He kept me focused, he kept me positive and today I was able to do 8 x 40kg lat pulldowns (I weigh 44kg). I also tried a chin up, which is what my PT would prefer I was doing instead of pulldowns. I just don't quite have the strenth to do any unassisted yet but did two slightly assisted ones and he said he was happy with how they looked and it won't be long till I can do them. So it seems the break has done me good and I think I'll just stick with Mon PT 30-45min, Thur PT 30-45min, Sat 1 hour abs/toning and boxing.....Then there is kayaking on sundays, walking the dog everyday and messing around on the bag here at home maybe just a little....plenty to do!