• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

High Protein, Low Fat, Quick and Tasty Chicken Soup

D

DynamicTension

G'day.
Here's my recipe for Bodybuilder's Own Chicken Soup.

Serves 2/3 (or one big guy, or a small one with aspirations)
Preparation time: about 10 minutes.

Ingredients:

Half a Leek
1 Stick of Celery
1 Small to medium Onion
1 Carrot
1 or 2 Cubes of Massel Vegetable Stock (its Low in fat and adds a lot of flavour)
1 Large Skinless Chicken Breast
2 or 3 Egg Whites
Dash Of Lemon Juice
Pinch of Dried Mixed Herbs (Italian is nice)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
(If you aren't watching your starch then add a chopped peeled potato and/or parsnip)

Preparation:

Cut the chicken into bite size chunks - not too small as it gives something to chew on - add to a good sized saucepan.
Chop all the veg - not too big - not too small - a bit less than bite size - throw them into the pan.
Crumble stock cube into pan. Add lemon, dried herbs and salt/pepper.
Add boiling water so that it is just covers the contents plus a little more.
Put the lid on the pan and simmer on a low light for about 25 minutes.
Check to make sure that the carrots are soft and the chicken is cooked through.
Take off heat and add the egg whites and then stir.

Suggest you don't liquidise.

It's idiot proof and really filling/tasty - let me know if you try it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lois: Peter,why are we stopped?
Peter: Yeah, I'll have three cheeseburgers...
Lois: Peter for God's sakes she's havin' a baby!
Peter: Oh that's right...and a kid's meal... and uh,I, I guess I'll have fries...if I have fries is anyone else gonna have any? Cuz,uh I don't wanna be the only one eatin' them... I'll feel like a fatty.

Last edited:
Lois: Peter,why are we stopped?
Peter: Yeah, I'll have three cheeseburgers...
Lois: Peter for God's sakes she's havin' a baby!
Peter: Oh that's right...and a kid's meal... and uh,I, I guess I'll have fries...if I have fries is anyone else gonna have any? Cuz,uh I don't wanna be the only one eatin' them... I'll feel like a fatty.
God bless Peter Griffin for worring about being a fatty..LOL.

Nice recipe DT. Will try soon.