• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

bb and tatts

G

gymjunkie

Hey guys,

some of you may have seen my thread a few weeks ago where I'd caught swine flu and was out of action for a good couple of weeks. I went from a max of 86kg down to about 83.5. I think its been about a month and im hovering around 83.5-84.5 - today I was 84.5.

Has anyone here had tattoos and then gained a fair bit of mass? I've always wanted to get a sleeve tattoo, and I'm actually going overseas around Feb next year, I'd really love to get my artwork done by some really skilled european tattooists while I have the opportunity.

I'm 6'2 and like I said hovering around 84kg with a fat% around 14~. I've got about 6-7months before I will actually be getting any ink done, BUT my longterm goal is to reach about 95kg with 10% body fat. I've got a fair bit to go obviously but do you think I would wreck my tatt with an extra 10 odd kgs? The flu was a serious setback, I was reallly hoping to pass 88-89kg by the end of the year but I dont think thats too realistic now.

What do I do guys?? Should I pile on a bit of fat or something to reduce the stretching? Would this make it worse? Am I too paranoid?

I want to really perfect my diet/exercise to maximise the amount of gains I can get by then. I'm a vege, however I do eat dairy/fish. Here's a fairly good example of my current diet:

8am
oats + honey + milk

10am
200-250gm of natural yoghurt (I've recently thrown away the flavoured yoghurts and gone for the natural stuff, bit bitter but I'm glad to be reducing the sugar)

10.30am
coffee

11.30am
salad sandwich
banana

12.30pm
salad sandwich
apple (or some other fruit)

2pm
some nuts (varies between peanuts, cashews, almonds)

3.30-4pm
tuna

4.45-5pm
protein shake

6pm
workout

7.30pm
protein shake

8pm
dinner - varies, but I try and have salmon a couple of times a week, pastas, vegetables, soy foods like tofu/soy sausages, things like that.

9.30pm
depending on how full I am I've started eating some low fat cottage/ricotta, however I'm seriously getting sick of the flavour!

And thats about it for the most part of the week. Sometimes I'll miss a can of tuna here and there, or some nuts but I ususally stick pretty close to that routine. How would you rate my diet? Do you think its enough calories? Enough protein etc? Sorry this is such a big thread and its probably not 100% clear what my question is anymore, but basically I want to perfect my diet to the best I can and gain as much as possible before I get my ink next year so it doesnt stretch.

Cheers guys!

I put on 10kg of muscle after some tats and didn't have any stretching.

I don't think you should worry about it. =)

I'm posting a diary tonight. I'll have a pic at about 65-68kg and me today at 78kg with tats on the arms. i've got a chest piece too now.

Have a look in about 30mins - 60 mins in the diary section

I don't like your diet.
It is severely lacking protein.

Vege's and BB are not a good combo.

if you only eat dairy and fish then add some eggs in there, eat more tuna and add some other fish like salmon

Why not just eat meat? I was pro vege until last weekend when I got chased off of a farm by a whole heap of cows and a couple bulls. Now I'm eating as many of them as I can to get revenge.

sorry i forgot to mention i throw in a couple of eggs into my protein shakes, or have 3-4 eggs for breakkie instead of oats.

What do you mean SEVERELY lacking? When you add up my protein intake it comes to around 150g i guess.

Timguyperson: im not here to debate my choice not to eat meat.

That's lucky cause neither am I =) I just thought I'd mention it cause I thought it was kinda funny... maybe you had to be there.

Anyway I got pics up in the training diary section if you want to see how there is no stretching on my arm tat.

Gym Junkie, if you are trying to build size and muscle you are going to need more protein than that. I would say a minimum of 2g per kg of bodyweight. If you want to be 95kg you need to eat 190g of protein.

Gym Junkie, if you are trying to build size and muscle you are going to need more protein than that. I would say a minimum of 2g per kg of bodyweight. If you want to be 95kg you need to eat 190g of protein.

Interesting. Shouldn't I be looking at 2g per current body weight, not the weight i want to be though?

Made a couple of changes today, ive scrapped the bowl of oats and replaced it with a shake that contains milk, whey, oats, 2 eggs, banana, honey. Now that was a filling sucker and god damn it felt good going down. My second shake for the day will be another like that or with some eggs in it at least. I also added a 2nd can of tuna today, see if I can keep that up for a while eh.

Cheers

Nice mate. There is nothing wrong with a surplus of protein, it will make its way out. If you are really keen you could get more. at 75kg I get over 300g of protein a day.

Why not get a good diet where you don't have to make changes when you get to your target weight? If you only eat to what you are now, you will need to be upping the protein slightly every few weeks as you grow.