• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AVOCADO is it ok to have?

M

MADDYSMUM

Hi
Just wondering about having avocado in salds and smeared on sandwiches.

Is it ok to have when you are watching what you eat?

Do you guys eat it? How much is advisable a day?

thanks

Avocados are great for you! full of healthy fat, rather than the saturated kind, so feel free to have lots.

I'd usually limit them to 1 a day - just to keep them in moderation, otherwise too much of a good thing is a good thing no more!

Yes, go for it, much better for you than a packet of chips or something.

I don't like them much but my woman loves them. Like preferring chicken to steak and wine to beer, it seems to be a womanly thing. We call it a "Have-acado" because you must have it :)

Thanks Katie. I usually only have 1/4b to 1/2 a day and that is spread out into my salads and sandwich.
I used to hate avocado, but now its not so bad.

Just another question for you!

THE NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER
that I have been reading about on here. Looks like you guys eat it a lot.

What brand is it? How much can you have a day?

Aah. I'm still looking for Nat PB!! Have checked my local Coles + Woolies every time I go, looking in the health food section plus the Peanut Butter section, to no avail.

I would like to know this too!!

Peanut butter is a vile abomination against all that is good in spreads.

Just eat a heap of nuts.

Don't worry about exact quantities, everyone's body is different. Just eat lots of fresh fruit and vegies, nuts and beans, and some meat, fish and/or dairy. If you want to get smaller, eat less starchy stuff like spuds, rice and pasta; if you want to get more muscles, eat more starchy stuff.

Avocados really go in with the "nuts" rather than the "fruit", by the way.

Eat according to appetite, see what results you get with your health, strength, fitness and physique, and adjust the eating to match it. Eg "I am looking a bit drawn and I have no bum anymore, must eat more spuds," or "hey I can no longer see my feet, must eat less spuds" or "I am tired all the time and can't face the workout, must eat more rice."

It's like riding a bike, we can't give an exact formula for balancing it, you just have to adjust as you go.

You can get Sanitarium Natural Peanut Butter. I have seen it in every Woolworths I have been to. It is in the health food section. You won't find it in with the other Peanut Butter. It is cruchny.

Natty peanut butter is great. I eat it straight out of the jar.
Definately in the health section of supermarket.

Abomination Kyle? C'mon mate it's a but hard to spread nuts on a sandwhich.

Last edited:
I make my own peanut butter. Peanuts into the food processor and blend until smooth.

Used to by the Sanitarium one, but they always sell out of the smooth and only have the crunchy left.

If you like potato salad, use avocado mashed through instead of mayonaise. You get the creamy result, except its green, and it tastes good as well.

We tried it last night and it was a hit, even with a 90 year old.

I thought you could add anything as well, bit of lean ham or low fat bacon, a few cooked peas.

cheers