• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AUSBB Strength Record Board

PTC

SQUAT DOUBLE BODYWEIGHT
SQUAT 1.5 TIMES BODYWEIGHT X 20
BENCH PRESS 1.5 TIMES BODYWEIGHT
BENCH PRESS BODYWEIGHT X 10
DEADLIFT 2.5 TIMES BODYWEIGHT
POWERCLEAN 1.2 X BODYWEIGHT
15 DEAD HANG WIDE GRIP CHINS
CLEAN & PUSH PRESS BODYWEIGHT X 5
STRICT STANDING MILITARY PRESS BODYWEIGHT

The squat needs to be below parallel
Bar must touch your chest on every rep of bench press
No swinging on the chins
Zero leg drive on the military press

Video proof required. Seeing as I'm not entering, I can judge anyone that wants to come to Frankston to have their lift verified. If you do the lift at PTC, you get on my board as well.

SQUAT DOUBLE BODYWEIGHT

SQUAT 1.5 X BODYWEIGHT X 20

BENCH PRESS 1.5 X BODYWEIGHT

Nick 110kg x 10 @ 110KG

DEADLIFT 2.5 X BODYWEIGHT

Brendon 122.5kg @ 96kg (4/11/09)

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys can now post progress and best efforts, videos, whatever you like, and I will simply add them to the above post.

Feel free to post up your current PB's so we can check progress.

Any other ideas? This is YOUR leader board.

Oh okay, so it's not just for when we reach these levels, but on the long journey there?

I assume you'll just want video verification or a visit to PTC when the person actually achieves that standard, yeah?

Yep, video or a trip to PTC for sure. Otherwise I can squat 1000kg ;)

I will contribute to this thread tonight. My bro and I are going to knock the few that we can do over tonight. I am going to use my trusty Go Pro Motorsport Camera, obviously we will have to film the weights and our bodyweights first. Man I am going to feel like a dick in my gym doing that.

Yeah Kyle, post up your current levels, then improvements. No proof is needed until you manage one of the levels, or you could always come to Frankston

Good luck Josh

Rightyo, then.

To clarify: the wide-grip chins are on the slanted parts of the /=\ shaped bar?
- and the "strict standing military press" is with feet shoulder-width apart?

Bodyweight, 78kg

SQUAT DOUBLE BODYWEIGHT
Squat, 5x 60kg

n/a

Bench, 6x 80kg - Edit - 3x 80kg as of 2009.08.28

Bench, 10x 60kg - Edit - 10x 65kg as of 2009.08.28

n/a

n/a

5!

n/a

3x 50kg

Give me a couple of years :D

Last edited:
Well I am a fair way off as well, on most of them,

Squat double bodyweight currently 1.3Xbw
Squat 1.5 times bodyweight x 20
Bench press 1.5 times bodyweight have done 1.61 x bw
Bench press bodyweight x 10 currently doing 1.17 x bw for 10 and stopping there.
Deadlift 2.5 times bodyweight current best is 1.76 x bw
Standing strict military press bodyweight close can do 0.88 x bw
Clean & push press bodyweight x 5 never tried this
15 dead hang wide grip chins close I have done 13
Powerclean 1.2 times bodyweight never tried this

clean and push press, is that just a clean the bar from teh ground to shoulders, and you use your legs to pop it up, rather than a strict military press, I recon i could bw that..
15 dead hang pull ups, I might be able to do that fresh
bw military press I will have a go at next week, 8 kg surely cant be that much harder..

No video, but if some one wants to come to Rockhampton and spot me it would be great!!!,
I will see what I can do i might be able to find someone to record me, But maybe when Shrek turns up here in few months he can watch me and report back, I have nothing to hide. Every gym session, and my progress is in my training journal..

NOT worried if it not added to the leader board, as i can accept it is not official, I will try to remidy this..

Last edited:
Your correct in your description of the lifts.

The military press is the hardest to improve on, 8kg is a lot. Knees must be locked before pressing, otherwise you inadvertantly use slight leg drive.

MP starts from the bottom compared to bench and squat, no momentum makes it extremely difficult.

I only have 2 clients who can do bodyweight, Kelly and Alen.

Max is up to 65kg @ 68kg, cant quite get it.

Good luck.

SQUAT DOUBLE BODYWEIGHT

The squat needs to be below parallel
Bar must touch your chest on every rep of bench press
No swinging on the chins
Zero leg drive on the military press

Video proof required. Seeing as I'm not entering, I can judge anyone that wants to come to Frankston to have their lift verified. If you do the lift at PTC, you get on my board as well.

Am I included in this Markos? I mean if I had already reached something of the above on a previous occasion, will that still count or would I have to do it now? Thank you for your time.

Fadi.

i reckon you would have to do it now, it would also create a new challenge for you. unless you had an old video of you doing it, not that i'd doubt you anyway!

Well we had a decent one last night. Started with our 15 dead hang WG Pull ups. No probs there. Can I ask if we can have our legs crossed at the bottom (they are completely straight? Or do they need to be just straight? I find it more comfortable to cross them.

As for Military Press, we had already pressed through our dumbbell presses and moved onto the Mil Press. 60kg went up a couple of time but anything over I was using leg drive. That is going to take a bit to sort out. I don't know if I could do much over 60kg with the zero movement. So some work to do there.

I am hoping to film a few things today, so I may have a contribution to the leaderboard tonight.

Am I included in this Markos? I mean if I had already reached something of the above on a previous occasion, will that still count or would I have to do it now? Thank you for your time.

Fadi.

The Record Board belongs to the members of AUSBB, its completely up to them. They may want video footage etc, simply to keep everyone honest.

For the record, I know your C&J and Snatch is public record, and if you can do that, you most certainly can squat what you claim, its a no brainer.

The only footage I have of my lifts, though I'm not at all interested in putting my name on the Boards, is a 160kg BP in 1993 and a 150kg BP in 2007 at age 45.

I'm guessing the military press would be piss easy as well lol

What do you guys reckon, does Fadi need a video?

As if Fadi needs a video. Though I'd love to seem him do it again!!

My bro went and filmed our WG Pull Ups, Bench BW x 10 and Bench 1.5 x BW. I was feeling a bit shit and didn't have my head there to get the 115kg up for some reason. My bro (ChrisOX) completed all threee. I got home, watched them on the computer and they are such shit quality.

I used a digi cam and it is clicky as shit when filming. You can't see all of our reps as it keeps on cutting little segments out. Probably the best is Chris's 1.5BW Bench Press and it clicks out and does not show the bar touch his chest. WTF!!

Oh well, have to do it again with a better camera. I'll take my motorsport one next time. I wanted to get on the board!

Current Weight - 72kgs

Squat double bodyweight - 2 x 135kg
Squat 1.5 times bodyweight x 20 - 15 x 110kg
Bench press 1.5 times bodyweight - 1 x 100kg
Bench press bodyweight x 10 - 10 x 75kg
Deadlift 2.5 times bodyweight - 2 x 150kg
Standing strict military press bodyweight - 2 x 60kg
15 dead hang wide grip chins - 14 :(

video footage coming. editing & compiling atm.

havent tested my 1rm

i've done all these lifts
all for reps

MP 70kg
BP 120kg
squat 135kg
deadlift 170kg
powerclean 70kg

We should also keep the top 5 forum members biggest lifts in terms of Squat/Dead/Bench/MP, maybe powerclean & overhead too?

Thoughts?