• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Testosterone boosters..(6-OXO study)

BoyFromAus

this link below is quite interesting. It talks about Aromatase Inhibitors (in particular) 6-OXO.

http://bodybuilding.ultimatefatburner.com/6-oxo-review.html

There was an 8 week study done on subjects who did resistance training and tried to keep their diet consistent.

the group who dosed with a regular dose (300mg) of 6-OXO had a significant rise in free testosterone total testosterone, DHT and Testosterone : Estrogen ratio. However, despite the significant rise, the subjects did reported very minor changes in body composition over the 8-weeks.

One theory was that even though the rise was significant, it wasn't enough to make body composition changes. However another theory was that it's possible that 6-OXO can both raise testosterone...and interfere with testosterone.

6-OXO and testosterone are of a similar chemical structure. By being chemically similar to testosterone, it could interact with testosterone in a competitive fashion not only at the aromatase enzyme but also at the androgen receptor in muscles. Competition at the androgen receptor would decrease testosterone's ability to bind to the receptor and stimulate muscle growth. This would explain the lack of increased muscle mass with increased testosterone concentrations (Daniel Rohle).

I'd like to hear your opinions on it.. Fadi, Shrek,...?

I'm not too sure on androgen reception as to where it occurs. I saw another study done on Novedex XT where subjects free testosterone increased by 400% but they experienced 3.5% bodyfat loss on average, over the 8 weeks and did not experience increased muscle mass. I'm thinking it could be due to a similar reason that Novedex also binds to androgen receptors..

I'm still not sold on it's effectiveness.
If you read the results of the this study published in The Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition it too concludes that no significant body composition chang occurred in healthy males, but also no side effects.
I think 6-oxo and te like may be useful in a PCT protocol after a hormonal cycle to help restore normal levels test if severe shutdown of the testes has not occurred of but less effective in increasing already normal levels.

this link below is quite interesting. It talks about Aromatase Inhibitors (in particular) 6-OXO.

I'd like to hear your opinions on it.. Fadi, Shrek,...?

Rasika, I'd stick with my aspirin and zinc. The cost is peanuts in comparison and there are more studies on the subject by respectable medical assosiations than you would care to read about.

I've done enough research on the subject before posting my article: When a final knockout is needed for stubborn fat... http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/8994-when-final-knockout-needed-stubborn-fat.html

Which apparently has made it onto the internet google search engine!

COX-2 inhibitors
Inhibition of COX-2 synthesis can reduce PGE-2 synthesis and estrogen production, and could support treatment of endometriosis with aromatase inhibitors [30]. NSAIDs, such as aspirin, ibuprofen and diclofenac, have an inhibitory effect on COX-2 and have been used in the treatment of abdominal pain or dysmenorrhea with variable success, which can possibly be explained by their unspecific inhibition of COX-2 [30].

30. Ebert
entityImage
* AD, Bartley J, David M: Aromatase inhibitors and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors in endometriosis: new questions – old answers? Eur. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Reprod. Biol.122(2),144–150 (2005).
• Review of COX-2 inhibition.

Here's the full article (one of too many I used to write my few words on aspirin)...

http://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/full/10.2217/17455057.3.5.617?cookieSet=1

Fadi.

Last edited:
Yeah well I did try it and was not sold, but I am definately sold on AMPV2.

Like I said it may help in bringing "The Boys" back after a cycle although there would be better options.

Hey guys on the topic of testosterone boosters its not good that a teenager uses them right? because my friend wants to get me on them and i dont really think i need them because i have done abit of research and i have finished sports science at school and during teen years you have the most amount of testosterone that you will ever have in your life (due to all the hormones going through puberty). So what im asking is, is it really necessary for teens to use them? and if not than when is the best time?

Simple answer is NO, a teenager does not need them.
When to use the,? How long is a peice of string?
Generally in your late 20's your natural test levels will begin to decline so wait until your mid to late 20's, unless you have low test levels which has been diagnosed by a GP.

Simple answer is NO, a teenager does not need them.
When to use the,? How long is a peice of string?
Generally in your late 20's your natural test levels will begin to decline so wait until your mid to late 20's, unless you have low test levels which has been diagnosed by a GP.

thanks now i have some back up for when i tell my mate lol

thanks now i have some back up for when i tell my mate lol

Basically what Shrek and I are saying to you here is that the decision to use them aught to be based on your need and not want. That need is determined through the doorways of the medical professionals and not the sport experts. Period.

Fadi.