• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Most effective PWO carb?

aj1221

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on the most effective pwo carb on replenishing glycogen levels? ive started using dextrose and maltodextrin and have heard of people using waxy maize starch too...

cheers

In my opinion, i feel it is a the grapefruit... Not too many carbs, but enough to help your body post workout.

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on the most effective pwo carb on replenishing glycogen levels? ive started using dextrose and maltodextrin and have heard of people using waxy maize starch too...

cheers

Had you not used the two words most effective, I could have mentioned few items. The case being as it is, I would have to agree with my Swedish friend Mattias on this one AJ.

Fadi.

Had you not used the two words most effective, I could have mentioned few items. The case being as it is, I would have to agree with my Swedish friend Mattias on this one AJ.

Fadi.

okie..
so can you name some effective PWO carbs? :p

i use oats :D

Not quite when you're seeking the best of the best Luke. Give it a try. Oats are great because they are slow to digest and have a GI of around 55 and they are usually eaten than drank.

With Oatmass, its GI has gone up to around the 75 mark and it's as fine as any WP powder out there. It's in and out of the stomach in no time in contrast to Oats that are eaten or have been manually ground at home.

If I sound like I have shares in this "Oatmass" product, then I'm sorry, I honestly haven't. But I did try it and I'm not crazy about 90+ of all the supplements that are hyped up out there Luke, so when I do find a honest product, I do like to give it its due respect.

Fadi.

I have the same thing post workout I do preworkout. I make a drink of 500ml milk, 100g skim milk powder and 3 eggs - half before, half after. Powers me well :)