• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Barefoot running

katie

I know there's a few people on ausbb who do some running, so I thought you'd be interested in this article

Naked truth: skin's in for runners as swimmers go high tech

Been reading up about shoes that mimic the action of barefoot running ie. Nike Frees and Vibram 5 Fingers. Pretty interesting. What do people think?

I have a pronounced heel strike when I run and I'm going to get it ironed out by a running coach. I wonder how I would run barefoot or in the "barefoot" shoes.

have seen those shoes about , i think they were talked about awhile back here on ausbb

Geez - that's because I posted virtually the same post!

http://ausbb.com/general-topic/8903-barefoot-running.html

I am getting OLD!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think it's an interesting topic though. Have a few fun runs under my belt and only now have I been told that I've got a "horrible" running style. Would like to see how coach is going to fix it - cos it feels pretty natural to me right now and served me OK in the City 2 Surf fun run...

Unless it is causing you injury or you are looking at some serious running training, wouldn't worry about it too much.

Are you in Sydney? I can ask through work for some good contacts or even training groups run by coaches if you are interested. PM if you want some details!

One the last thread... the wife of one of the guys quoted in the article got annoyed because apparently journos always take what he says out of context.

if ur into parkour and free running then training bare foot is essential

I go running every now and then barefoot at the local schools oval. Its awesome, although lately its been wet. I swear i can run up to 3x further barefoot on grass than with my shoes.