• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pain in joints

poopoohead

I take fish oil tablets,( I also use a multivitamin) but was thinking of using glucosimine as well for my knee and elbows.
What else can be used for joints.

ta

Glucosamine with Chondroitin* works well, but remember it takes time it will not work overnight or even a week, take continuously until pain subsides then you may have to take a maintenance dose. Continue taking fish oil as well.
Trial and error.

I use a combination of glucosamine, msm and chondroitine and it works very well, try cissus to i had good results with that too.

Last edited:
Right at the top of my head I can think of few Anti-Inflammatory Foods for you. I'll leave others to recommend supplements or drugs.

1. Good fat (Fatty fish)
2. Olive oil
3. Cherries
4. Turmeric (at half a teaspoon powder with warm water 3x/day)

Are you having soft drinks, processed cheese, and/or whole wheat bread?

Ok, I'll give you one supplement: Celery seed extract.

That’s it for now. Take care.

Fadi.

Throw away society! Heaps of pain killers and workouts until the joints blow out then get new ones! :p

I have also started taking fish oil tabs.
But how much is too much.
The box says take 2 tabs 3 times a day (6 per day)
Does that sound like too much to anyone else?

Tablet Stats:
Nature's Own Fish Oil tablets
1000mg Fish Oil (Natural)
eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 180mg
docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 120mg

I have also started taking fish oil tabs.
But how much is too much.
The box says take 2 tabs 3 times a day (6 per day)
Does that sound like too much to anyone else?

Tablet Stats:
Nature's Own Fish Oil tablets
1000mg Fish Oil (Natural)
eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 180mg
docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 120mg

2 caps 3x/day is good for the cardiovascular system (that's what you're taking now).

For arthritis symptom relief, take 3x3/day (that's a total of 9 of the dosage you've written above).

You can always have too much of anything; even water! So balance and moderation is the key word here Ten.

Fadi.

Cheers Fadi,
Good Info.

Im staying with 6 a day now.

I know the fish oil is great for the joints, but what other benefits are there?

Cheers Fadi,
Good Info.
Im staying with 6 a day now.
I know the fish oil is great for the joints, but what other benefits are there?

Thank you Ten,

Here are few other beneficial effects omega 3 oils (not necessarily fish oil) have on our bodies in lowering cholesterol, triglycerides, LDLs, and high blood pressure, whilst at the same time increasing the good HDL (high density lipoproteins) in our blood.

Thinning of the blood is another effect of omega 3 oil. They make our platelets (those tiny cells in our blood that form blood clots) less “sticky”, so they are less likely to lump together and form a clot which in turn goes to reduce our chances from having a heart attacks or strokes. Not bad hey Ten!

Please note that omega 3 oil or any other beneficial food stuff that we ingest, is only part of a larger team of players. A soccer team is not made up of only 1, 2, or 5 players, but many players working together to help us reach that healthy GOAL!

Of course there's more to omega 3 than what I have mentioned above, like the beneficial effects they have on our brain etc. However I think I'll leave it here before I turn this reply into a new thread on the benefits of omega 3s.

Fadi.

Fadi,

You are always a world of great information.
I might have to get a thread started on my supplements and get some more feedback.

Thanks again ;)

Fadi,

You are always a world of great information.
I might have to get a thread started on my supplements and get some more feedback.

Thanks again ;)

You're most welcome Ten; I'm glad you got something out of it my friend.

Fadi.

Glucosamine with Chondroitin* works well, but remember it takes time it will not work overnight or even a week, take continuously until pain subsides then you may have to take a maintenance dose. Continue taking fish oil as well.
Trial and error.
I used to suffer from bad pain in my right knee, i could not do heavy squats for a while and sometimes walking down the stairs used to hurt as well.After taking glucosamine with chondroitin for about 8 weeks i noticed a massive difference in my knee,there wasnt a stinging pain in it and i had good flexability in it,last week i tried to do heavy squats again and my final set i ended up squatting 4 and a half plates for 8 reps going fairly deep.
So i have to say that im a massive fan of the glucosamine with chondroitin and i will take it for life.

Madpie, is that 4.5 plates either side - 200kg! If so FARK!!!!!!!!!!

Madpie, is that 4.5 plates either side - 200kg! If so FARK!!!!!!!!!!
Yes mate 4.5 plates eachside,before my knee started to give me grief i was able to do 5 plates for 4 to 6 reps fairly deep but hopefully i can get back to that again.Mind you im 6foot5 and 126kgs so i should be pushing heavy weights lol