• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Meat from Carnivorous animals

BoyFromAus

so as i was saying in another thread, i've been told that meat from carnivores is superior to meat from other animals such that it's higher in protein, lower in fat, has a broader vitamin and mineral profile.

I'd like to try out a range of them, but can't think of many.. looking for ideas on what carnivores you eat..

Crocodile is the only one i can think of, in Australia.
Any others?

chickens. in the farms i thought they mulched up all the dead ones and fed them back to the others

mm yea, i was thinking about hunter animals rather than ones that just eat whatever they're fed (e.g chickens and pigs).. the ones with the hunter DNA tend to be the more lean type.

Cheetahs and Hyenas... i'd bet their nutrition profile is far superior to lamb etc.

Dogs are probably more scavengers than hunters, especially the domesticated type but since hyenas and cheetahs are getting harder and harder to find in the supermarkets i thought dog might be a good option.

Dog meat
Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy - 260 kcal 1100 kJ
Carbohydrates - 0.1 g-
Fat - 20.2 g
Protein - 19 g

hmmmm...might stick to my african game meats i think

!!!
are u sure dog meat is being sold in supermarkets?
i think RSPCA would come knocking on your door :x

serious... i'm in Perth. I'll have to look around in some of the outer markets.
But that profile per 100g,
protein:19g
Fat: 20g

doesn't sound great. I would have thought dogs have quite lean meat. Perhaps the breed might be a more domestic breed than something like an alcation.

maybe if you want leaner a Dingo might be a better option, although i dont think they are true hunters either they seem like more the scavenger type to me. they would definitely be leaner, might pop down to the Vic Market on sunday and see if they have any.

why not just eat kangaroo? dog is getting a bit extreme, especially all in the name on bodybuilding...

i don't think its extreme. bodybuilders have always been on the cutting edge of nutrition technology, looking at the macro-nutrient breakdown of dog i dont see why it couldnt be utilised in our diets quite possibly for bulking due to its higher fat content. just think dark chicken meat