• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheat days/meals

TrentZor

I usually have a cheat meal on fridays after dinner. Chicken kebab with the lot or harry's hotdogs (i love that chilly potato pie)

Whats yours?

i dont have set cheats, i just try and eat well about 80% of the time. its easier when your trying to gain weight i guess.

a favourite cheat of mine though is a slab of american style babyback ribs with fat chips. home made of course

my cheat meals are just when i go out of whack...
oh no, don't mention nerds and M&Ms.... i've got sugar and artificial color cravings now.

my cheat meals are when i eat at my parents on saturday nights when i visit them. nothing special there... but just because i love pasta i will hold out til that night to eat it.

okie.. can some1 explain to me why is kebab a cheat meal?
its has lettuce tomato and onion + chicken or lamb with a wrap...

so why is it considered a cheat meal?

I have a cheat day every day. It is easy to eat good food that tastes good and great for growth. Mind you i have never needed to worry about fat loss.

What exactly is considered a cheat meal to you guys?
Nearly every day is pretty much a cheat day for me.

Yeah, I wouldn't consider a Kebab a cheat meal, unless if by cheat you mean ****ing good, then yeah it is.

if your restricting calories its definitely a cheat. processed carbs, fatty meat & sauce makes for a very calorie dense meal.

i feel like a kebab now

processed carbs as in what, the bread? The sauce, I only have chilli and hummus.

Speaking of cheat meals, today I had a large pack of grainwaves.

Thank you Mattias I appreciate it. I was actually thinking of you when writing it. All the very best to you my friend.

Fadi.

If by cheat meals you guys mean unhealthy meals, then i have a couple a week.

When I need to drop some kgs, I just stop eating chips, chocolate, pies, hot chips etc and I dont drink anything besides water (i have milk with cereal, just give up soft drinks and alcohol for a few weeks).

I still eat 1 takeaway meal on a good week and upto 3 if its bad.
Take away meals = fish'n'chips, chinese, thai, indian, pizza, kfc, burger, kebab, pub meal.

Also, I eat use gravy or sauce (LOTS) with every dinner and some lunches.

It sounds worse than it is. I'm a pretty good eater generally. Heaps of vegies every day, 2 or 3 serves of fruit, plenty of protein.

I think some people can be over the top. I also noticed people who are too strict with what they eat get sick easily or whenever they try something different or snack-like.

I think some people can be over the top. I also noticed people who are too strict with what they eat get sick easily or whenever they try something different or snack-like.
It's worth remembering that most people know very little about nutrition. Just like vegetarians, strict dieters often miss out on a lot of nutrients - vitamins and minerals. You can have a vegetarian, vegan, meat-focused, "clean" or whatever kind of diet you like, but you have to get the nutrients.

That's the number one thing you notice when people put up their diets on boards like this: bugger-all fresh fruit and vegies, no nuts and beans. It's all chicken, tuna and rice. Of course you get sick on that.