• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Oatmass:Do Not Leave Home Without It!

Fadi

Oatmass: this product is nothing short of awesome.

TASTE: When mixed with apple juice, it has a base flavour that is apple, with the background flavours being banana and cinnamon. Just lovely! It tends to accentuate the apple flavour and somewhat mask any slight bitterness or after taste which may come from the whey protein.

TEXTURE: Very creamy instead of airy. Velvety smooth feel in the mouth, (and I haven’t even added much in the way of fat/cholesterol yet). I’m a big fan of fat, good fat that is like Aussie macadamia oil and egg yolk.

SMELL: Nougat, woody and nutty in a very pleasant and sweet way. Not cheap, rusty or shallow smell but rather a full; “hey I’m here to stay" type of classy smell. It's as if you were standing at a sweets, candy or chocolate type of a store.

Furthermore, as if this was not enough, Oatmass is the only complete food I can think of (apart from whole milk powder), that is presented to bodybuilders in a supplement form. And since food is king, Oatmass would qualify in taking the crown.

You can’t go wrong by adding Oatmass to any protein powder. Period!

Fadi.

So it's basically super fine oats.
Sweet. I will get some when i return.
Marcus from Fitness Central will fix me up good.

I buy quick oats and give them a blend whilst dry before adding liquid to them. You still get a little bit of the thickness from them but nothing that I can't handle. 14.95 for 1kg is up there a bit.

Josh,

I wish I was like many bodybuilders are (you included); they don't mind this and they don't mind that. I envy you guys. Unfortunately there are some bodybuilders like me who are still very fussy about taste, texture, and smell and who are happy to pay a price to satisfy their fussiness.

Fadi.

Hi Fadi, I wish I had the $'s to be fussy too. But like many others on a budget, we have to compromise taste and or texture.

Nice tip to hit em with a blender, Josh.

if i use oats in a shake i let them soak in hot water for 5 minutes then blend them up, the texture is fine but its not really convenient

I know exactly what you are saying Fadi. Some days it goes down great and other days I have to force it down.

Prioritise, yeah me to. My wife and kids come first, which is why I have to comprmise.
No Mike, my family are starving because of what I do!

I'm trying to be as courteous as I can possibly be without letting you use me as your punching bag Mike; but it seems you have a different agenda(which I'm really not interested in), and you're adamant to stick to it.

All the best to you.

Fadi.

well to each of its own...
I am using instant organic oats (bought from coles)
it mixed better than uncle toby's quick oats...
and i kinda like the chewy bits...

its just like eating choc mint ice cream with the choc chips in it :D

well to each of its own...
I am using instant organic oats (bought from coles)
it mixed better than uncle toby's quick oats...
and i kinda like the chewy bits...

its just like eating choc mint ice cream with the choc chips in it :D

Good on you Lucku. Whatever appeals to you is the name of the game here.

Fadi.

i found this product a while ago and am keen on trying it due to the fact i had a couple of bad experiences with trying to blend oats, and just cant handle what it does to my shake.
So to clarify this for me Fadi, are you saying it mixes just as good as your protein powder???
And to add to add to this i sent them an email a while ago asking about a bulk price, and if i remember correctly they said they would do 5kg for $60.

i found this product a while ago and am keen on trying it due to the fact i had a couple of bad experiences with trying to blend oats, and just cant handle what it does to my shake.
So to clarify this for me Fadi, are you saying it mixes just as good as your protein powder???
And to add to add to this i sent them an email a while ago asking about a bulk price, and if i remember correctly they said they would do 5kg for $60.

No Shammo, it does not mix as good as your protein powder; it mixes much better than your protein powder. We are very fortunate here in Australia that we have our own Aussie manufacturer turning this REAL food into a supplement form for us to enjoy as a drink.

The only other place who sells this as a stand alone product is England. The US supplement giant ON Nutrition has finally caught on the idea and is now including it as a part of a protein/carb combo. I'd go for our Aussie brand in protein powder as well as Oatmass not because it's Aussie, but because like New Zealand’s, it's the only whey that can be trusted to be free from all the nasties that are found in milk. Sorry for digressing Shammo.

Fadi.

I'd go for our Aussie brand in protein powder as well as Oatmass not because it's Aussie, but because like New Zealand’s, it's the only whey that can be trusted to be free from all the nasties that are found in milk.

Fadi.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
U remind me of the milk article !!!
and dymatize is from usa where cows dont get to see sunlight...

This is 1 damm good point to make me switch to local WPC/WPI

I'll keep that in mind for my next order...

personally with this oatmass thing... when we add it to protein powder...
does it = to mass gainer?
if it is, its much better than those ready packed mass gainer i suppose as those mass gainer are full of sugar (if i'm not wrong)...