• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you mix your unflavoured protein with?

S

Solitaire

So...I'm after 'recipes' here.

If anyone has a good concoction using unflavoured pp, do let me know! Drinks, like shakes....or food...or whatever?!

Last edited:
Recently bought 20kg of unflavoured WPC, but also bought the chocholate flavoured powder to go with it:)
I always just have mine with milk.

Solitaire, if you are just adding water, then coffee would be strong enough to do the job. It doesn't have to be the normal thing, it could be decaf or you can even try something which I really like and has the flavour of coffee, it's called Ecco (you'll find in the coffee section of your supermarket). You can always add stevia for a sweetener (not only is it not harmful, but it's actually good for you). Otherwise, splenda if you can't resist sweetness (like me). That didn't sound right but I'm sure you know what I meant.

Now, if you're mixing with other than water, then my favourite is apple juice or Apricot nectar; it tastes more delicious than a cake.

I'd have the juice mix first thing in the morning when your liver glycogen is low and in need of some replenishment. Fructose at this particular time is ideal for that job.

Fadi.

I always just have mine with milk.

With milk it has a nice creamy taste.If i take it to the gym I put a scoop of milo or skim milk powder in it.At home I`ll use milk,peanut butter,bananas,blueberries
or whatever is on hand.

Bananas are a good natural sweetener.

A classic shake for me is:

1 'nana
Small handful frozen berries
400mls of oat milk.

OR

2 Scoops of Sustagen
500 mls of oat milk

OR

Double shot espresso
1 'nana
400 mls oat milk

OR

250 Mls of yoghurt
250 oat milk

I mix it with a nice cup of harden the **** up.

But seriously, post workout when I have it with water, I chuck in dextrose, tastes good.

Then before bed I have it with milk, tastes nice and creamy.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice you're female. Please ignore the first sentence.

Last edited:
Haha.
Male or female....ain't nothin wrong with a bit of variety....

I'm going to try instant coffee. Had my first ever home mixed protein shake today (i'm new to all this).

Someone said mixing Creatine and Caffine was bad? Anyone got any info on this?

I always put the instant coffee in now and it taste a whole lot better!

i assume it has to do with the dehydration effect of both compunds.

Apparently caffine limits absorbtion of creatine so i have read.

I boil the kettle, mix 1 tspoon cocoa and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon with splenda mix together with boiling water then add it to my morning shake.

Cocoa and cinnamon dont seem to mix unless you do it this way.

Wouldnt mind trying some vanilla as well...

I mix it with a nice cup of harden the **** up.

But seriously, post workout when I have it with water, I chuck in dextrose, tastes good.

Then before bed I have it with milk, tastes nice and creamy.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice you're female. Please ignore the first sentence.

+1

PWO with dextrose, before bed with milk.