• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi's 13500 calorie "diet"

Fadi

13500 CALORIE "DIET"

Please note: this is NOTsome glossed over bodybuilding magazine diet or some internet diet or anything of that nature. This was the REAL way I was eating when I held a weightlifting scholarship at the Australian Institute of Sport back in the early 80s. I was 17/18 at the time and training 8 x per week at about 2 hours each session. This was not typical of the way weightlifters ate at the AIS which made me very unique amongst my peers to say the least.

At the time I was eating like this, we were sponsored by Qantas for our overseas flying. Flying over to England in 1983 to compete, I was well looked after by the flight attendants who brought me 16 trays of my favourite food-aero plane food. Needless to say I was very pleased and ended up gaining 8kg in about 24 hours during this trip. Mostly water of course through some heavy supercompensation of muscle glycogen.

At the time, I was a middleweight weightlifter (75kg). My metabolism would have made a Ferrari seeming to be standing still whilst travelling at full speed. My abdominals could be seen through a t-shirt and I had striated vastus lateralis (the outer quadricep muscle).

There is no way in the world I can eat like that now, even as a bodybuilder in on a gaining cycle. Can I explain the huge amount of calories? No. Was I strong? Very. Was I aggressive? Yes, but only during training. Would I recommend this to any one even if they can afford it? No, there are better ways of eating. Did I gain any weight by eating over 13,000 calories a day? No.

I will talk about the subject of weight gain, fat gain, and muscle gain when I present you my bodybuilding training program and my philosophy on training and why I hold to certain views. I’ve taken enough of your time, so thank you very much for your time and now for the real numbers...

Calories = 13500
Protein= 712g @ 21%
Carbs=1192g @ 35%
Fat= 655g @ 44%

Breakfast:

100g Chips
100g Baked potatoes
50g Pasta cooked
20g Butter
500ml Orange juice
500ml Milk full cream
8 Weetbix
240g Lamb chops
8 White bread slices
11 Eggs

Calories Protein Carbs Fat
3883 170g 330g 205g

Morning snack

1800ml Milk 3x600ml Move flavoured milk
1 Piece chocolate cake
1 Apple
1 Pear

Calories Protein Carb Fat
1872 61g 260g 72g

Lunch

50g Butter
4 White bread slices
1 Apple
1 Pear
400g Vegetables & salad
750g T-bone steaks

2631 194g 92g 163g

Afternoon snack

4 White bread slices
1 Orange
8 Eggs

920 58g 67g 45g

Dinner

250g T-bone steak
300g Vegetables & salad
500g Potato baked
250g Chicken drumstick

1820 142g 115g 86g

Evening snack

10g Butter
4 White bread slices
150g Turkey breast slices
2000g Yogurt fruit Yoplait

2420 87g 328g 84g

Fadi.

Last edited:
holy crap...

If i was to sit down at a table it would take me >24 hours just to eat it,no time for a sleep or workout., then I would have to work out were to stuff it.

I wonder if sumo wrestlers eat that much? And why Fadi didn't turn into a lard of a sumo wrestler?

I usually eat 3500 - 4000 cals every day. I have branched out to 5000 cals and that was a massive effort. I couldn't imagine eating 13500!!

Is that 2kg of Yogurt!!! FARK ME!

I think I've found Fadi's calling - he can compete in hot dog eating competitions :)

Anyway, light hearted comments aside, can I say that it must require a LOT of dedication to eat like that.

apparently Michael Phelps eats 12000 kcals a day when he's training... it wouldn't surprise me if Lebron James and other mean machines eat over 14000 a day...

but they're all 6'9 and so (with Phelps being 6'5).

Fadi, at 5"4 how did 13500 kcals impact you?

I'm guessing it has something to do with his high volume training and also the combination of foods that he was eating?

Doesn't the original post state 8 sessions a week at 2 hours a session?

I must say I did have reservation before posting the above thinking that I won’t be taken seriously. Because let me tell you all, if I didn’t actually do it, it would’ve been hard to convince me of how can a 72-75kg weightlifter at 164cm eat such a copious amount of food.

All your questions were justified I must say. I was training the way the Bulgarian World Champions were training:

Monday......x2 (am & pm)
Tuesday......x1 (pm)
Wednes.......x2 (am& pm)
Thurs...........Rest
Fri...............x2 (am & pm)
Sat...............x1 (am)
Sun..............Rest

At times I used to ride my bicycle to the AIS (about 6km)
At times in Canberra, the temp dips 15 below zero. Not the easiest thing on the hands and thumbs (due to the hook grip) when weightlifting. It sure quickens your metabolism though.

But you may ask and rightly so; how about the other 9 weightlifters there, why weren’t they eating like you? Different Metabolism Speed. That's why.

That is why when anyone wants to lose fat or weight in general, my first point of attention would be in examining his or her activity level THEN food. I truly believe that to have amazing workouts, you need to have enough food to give you the energy and the motivation (not deprivation) to do so. So I’m all for losing fat through caloric expenditure through exercise and the absolute minimum in caloric reduction.

When I was a bodybuilder in my 30s, I was craving putting on fat on my waist area and it was simply not happening. Here’s what I did to prove what I just wrote above. I stopped training for 2 months and made it obligatory to have 2 liters of full cream ice-cream a day amongst other foods. Voila! Finally some love handle.

Now I want you to be the expert here and tell me what caused me to gain fat around my waist area; was it the ice-cream/food or was it the slowing down of my metabolism, or was it a combination of both?

I made the same mistake when I became a bodybuilder of training 5x a week split and wondered why I was not gaining muscles but was getting shredded instead. That’s why now I find it extremely easy to help you guys, because I’ve tried everything that you’re doing right now and learnt the hard way of how to rise above it all and achieve what I have. I’m here to help, so ask all you want. And thank you again for giving me your time.

Fadi.

You must have had several bowel movements a day. A guy at my PT class claims to eat 4.5kg of meat each day; I think he is probably exaggerating, however he eats at least 1kg since I have seen him eat at morning & afternoon tea, and lunch. And he poos about 6 times a day compared to most people's 1 or 2.

Most of it is just going straight through the person's guts, surely...

Not so Kyle. Nothing has ever changed in that department. All's normal. Like I said, it's was a super fast metabolism that lasted for a year or so between the ages of 17 and 18.

I can say that with confidence because of what happened to me when I switched to bodybuilding. Could not put on weight but was very strong and ripped. The problem was NOT with the amount of food but rather the amount of activity. I had to slow things right down in bodybuilding to enable me to gain big muscles.

I had to learn about different body types (as I'm sure you're familiar with) and not presume that one size fits all.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Fadi, while you were bodybuilding, why dd you want to gain fat?
To experience how it feels for myself and to see what I had to do to achieve it. It was a learning experience in the manipulation of my metabolism. I learnt a lot from such an experiment Rasika. That was a good question Tiger.

Fadi.