• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Worst demotivation

G

gymjunkie

Hey guys, how many of you have been hit with ilness really bad and been out of gym for a while? I recently had swine flu, was on anti biotics for a week, lost my appetite for a while, cut back on protein and was mainly consuming soups etc. I was out of gym for only about 2-3 weeks but just from being sick, ive lost almost 3kg :(

its not a massive loss, and I was kind of hoping it was mainly fat, but i dont think it is. Had my first session back yesterday and My weights were lower. I also got fatigued damn fast. About to hit the gym again today but gee anyone got any tips to get past this :/ I feel like the work i've done all year has gone down the drain..

Yeah, sucks.
I was sick with the flu for about 1 1/2 weeks and got over it 3 weeks ago.
Then when hard into a new training style.
Hadn't trained for about 6 or 8 weeks prior to that too.
But now I'm going hard and probably close to the best I've been with overall fitness.

So instead of thinking of it as the "worst demotivation", why not think of it as the best motivator.
You are over the flu now and ready to make new progress and surpass past efforts.
Sometimes a little setback can be good to put things in perspective.
Progress is never steady when life gets in the way.
As long as you're going up more than down in the long run, thats what counts.

man strength loss is the biggest piss off in gym-life... it happened to me when i got back from holiday. I went away for 2 weeks and didn't binge eat or binge drink but did cheat a little... when i came back, i swear i lost 20% or so of my strength.. what's worse is i'm on a cut so it only seems to be going downhill

I feel like the work i've done all year has gone down the drain..

Nothing gained with sweat and tears ever go down the drain that easily. You'll be back stronger and bigger than before in no time thanks to muscle memory. Also, everything in life happens for a reason; this may have been a forced break yes, but a break you should've had anyway.

My outlook on life is wrapped in a win-win situation ALWAYS. Never a lose-lose, and never a win-lose. Only a win-win!

I may be losing my job soon; is that bad? Well, if one door does not shut, the other ten won't open now will they!

Fadi.

thanks guys, hehe.

So it is a fact that muscle comes back faster if you had it before?? Didn't know that