• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

4000 Calories Muscle Diet

Fadi

Breakfast: 3 eggs (3x60g), 4 slices white bread, 10g butter, 1 large 200g tomato, 1 large 200g Lebanese cucumber, 1 medium 140g apple, 1 cup warm green tea with 1 tsp honey and juice of half a lemon.

P=32g, C=91 F=29 Cal = 753

Morning snack: 30g cashews, 30g dried apricot, 50g pitted dates, WPC 30g.

P=31g C=67 F=15 Cal = 527

Lunch: 100g raw pasta (cooked), onion, 15ml macadamia oil for frying the onion,1 tablespoon 25g tomato paste, WPC 30g, salad, 15g pitted prunes.

P=37g C=80 F=18g Cal = 635

Afternoon snack: 1 large 200g sweet potato, 62g chicken breast, salad, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 boiled egg.

P=32 C=41 F=23.5 Cal = 505

Pre workout drink (continued through training): WPI 6g, Oatmass 33g (this is actual weight of powder).

P=5.4g C=20g F=3 Cal = 120

Post workout drink: WPI 15g, Oatmass 80g.

P=13.5g C=50g F=7 Cal = 320

Dinner: 95g tin of tuna in olive oil (not drained), large salad with chopped parsley included, 100g raw basmati rice (boiled), 15g dark chocolate, 15g pitted prunes.

P=32 C=89 F=29 Cal = 745

Before bed meal: 400ml organic unhomogenised whole milk, MPI 30g, 15g pitted prunes, 1 tablet magnesium complete by Dr. Sandra Cabot.

P=37 C=29 F=15 Cal = 395

TOTAL CALORIES: 4000

P=220g @ 22% C=467 @ 46.5% F=140 @ 31.5%

Fadi.

Last edited:
I can answer the second question Kyle.
WPC - Whey protein Concentrate
WPI - Whey Protein Isolate
MPI - Milk Protein Isolate

Last edited:
Any reason for white bread instead of multigrain or oats?
Yes, good question.

1. I want to raise my insulin levels and keep them there for as long as the workout is in progress so as to counteract the catabolic hormone Cortisol.

2. Many people have some form of allergy or are sensitive to the phytoestrogen that is found in the wheat kernel. Something I want to eliminate. If you have no problem with any of the above, then have your multi grain (but not around the workout time due to the reason I gave under the #1 answer).

3. You can have Oatmass instead of oats if you like.

Fadi.

Sorry probably a dumb question but what is oatmass?

Ah I see. Is it possible to use dextrose instead of this or will that have a completely different effect?

Would it be possible to use Flaxseed oil instead of Olive Oil?

Or is there specific reason why you use olive oil apart from taste?

Would it be possible to use Flaxseed oil instead of Olive Oil?

Or is there specific reason why you use olive oil apart from taste?

Olive oil is very stable; the same can't be said about flax. More than often, flax would be rancid (off) before you even open the bottle. I used to get mine directly from the factory thinking they were great, until I received one batch that was great. So all along I was having rancid oil and not knowing it. I simply do not feel comfortable with it or any other polyunsaturated oil around. For that, have few nuts and seeds instead.

Then you have the issue of estrogen and prostate problems. I'd leave it alone, but that's me Will.

Flax Facts

Fadi.

Thanks for your response Fadi. I am currently fine tuning my diet gearing up for a weight gaining phase. I will consider making the change. Just need to find a decent olive oil thats not watery low quality crap which is hard in Australia. Any brand you would reccomend?

Thanks for your response Fadi. I am currently fine tuning my diet gearing up for a weight gaining phase. I will consider making the change. Just need to find a decent olive oil thats not watery low quality crap which is hard in Australia. Any brand you would reccomend?

Will, as long as you purchase the cold pressed extra virgin olive oil you'd be fine. However, please do not cook with it. For that, I use the Aussie macadamia oil which you find in your local supermarket (Woolies). So if you feel like frying an egg for example, use either butter, ghee, macadamia oil, or extra virgin coconut oil. All these are stable under heat with the saturated fats being the most stable of course. Macadamia oil will withstand a temperature of about 450 degrees Celsius, where olive oil can only manage about 250.

All the best with fine tuning your diet Will.

Fadi.

Thanks Fadi, i actually am using the Macadamia oil for my cooking as per your original post in this thread i'm finding its quite tasty also.

I haven't tried Oatmass yet, maybe next bulk.

Well it tastes like nuty nougat Adrian, especially when you mix it as I have with apple juice here:http://ausbb.com/recipes/9053-magic-wake-up-shake.html
y005.jpg

Fadi.

Haha yes quite true.

I recieved my 3kilos today and had my first sample a couple of hours ago. Quite happy with the mixability (my girlfriend informs me i've invented this word but it will do). Pleasant taste when mixed with a little milk & water. Still have to try the juice thing :)

I'm glad you like it Will. I actually like the smell of it as well. By the way, Oatmass seems to improve the taste of whatever protein you mix it with. That's what I had found when using it.

Fadi.