• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"Diet" #1: A 2200 CALORIE FOOD PLAN

Fadi

This is a no nonsense workout and eating plan that when combined, will deliver a great result in the shortest time possible. Keep Fit & Stay Healthy!

Before/During Workout Energy Drink: 6g WPI, 40g Oatmass, 400ml water
Or--------------------------------------------6g WPI, 25g WMS, 400ml water
Or--------------------------------------------45g 1 ½ thin slice white bread, 5g WPI, water
Or------------------------------------------- 125g White potato boiled, 5g WPI, water

On rest days, substitute the above high GI foods with a mid/low GI one. Example:
125g sweet potato Or, 1small banana Or, 2 slices Multigrain bread (56g) Or,30g (raw weight) basmati rice. The protein remains the same (this type is just great for the immune system).

Protein Carb Fat Cal
6g 24g 1g 130

Immediately PWO Anabolic Drink: 10g WPI, 65g Oatmass, 500ml water
Or----------------------------------------15g WPI, 50g WMS, 500ml water
Or----------------------------------------225g White boiled potato, 12g WPI
Or---------------------------------------- 90g 3 slices white bread, 10g WPI, water

550g Rockmelon, edible portion (YUMMY!) Or, 220g sweet potato, still YUMMY! And both are extremely high in beta carotene. The protein remains the same.
Protein Carb Fat Cal
15g 45g 1g 250

Breakfast:

2x60g egg boiled/scrambled
90g 3 thin slices white or multi grain bread
Or............2.5 medium or 3 small sized bananas
Or............200g sweet potato
Or............225g Corn Kernels (frozen/cooked)
25g Dried apricot OR, 30g pitted prunes OR, 106g 1 small apple
Salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, baby rocket, lemon juice etc)
10ml (2 teaspoons) extra virgin olive oil
OR--------------------------------------20g nut or seed of your choice.

Green tea with stevia; if not available, then with splenda.
Protein Carb Fat Cal
22g 60g 29g 545

Snack:

200g Yoghurt, Organic & Natural
OR: -------------------------------------150g Cottage cheese.
250g Strawberry Punnet (can be blended with the natural yogurt with added stivia or splenda for sweetness).
OR---------------------------------------250g Rockmelon blended as above
OR---------------------------------------150g Mango (blended as above)
OR---------------------------------------150g Blueberries (blended as above).
As a variation, add 1 teaspoon Coffee + 1 teaspoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, add sweetener and water as necessary and have a yogurt LIFT!
1x tablet of Dr. Sandra Cabot’s magnesium Complete
Protein Carb Fat Cal
15g 32g 8g 260

Lunch:

70g Chicken, dark meat, meat only, roasted, chopped or diced
100g Baked Sweet Potato
OR: ---------------------------25g Raw Basmati rice (cooked)
OR: ---------------------------30g Raw Pasta (cooked).
Cup of white tea with stevia; if not available, then with splenda.
Protein Carb Fat Cal
20g 2 3g 7g 232

Snack:

1x10g square Lindt, Excellence Chocolate, Dark, 70% Cocoa
1x 150g small orange
Protein Carb Fat Cal
2.5g 20g 4g 125

Dinner:

100g Raw Salmon pan fried
OR..................2x50g Eggs and 50g Prawns
OR..................100g Prawns + 20g Michael's Fine Foods Cocktail Sauce, or 20g Mures Cocktail Sauce, or 30g Sweet Chilli Seafood Sauce, or 15g Praise Mayonnaise: Whole Egg.
OR...................100g Chicken Thigh fillet baked/grilled
OR...................60g Bega, Cheese: Cheddar, So Extra Light, Tasty, 50% fat free.
10 ml (2 teaspoons) macadamia oil for shallow frying (if not having the salmon, then use the macadamia oil for the chicken or prawns, or substitute with 10ml olive oil to add on the salad below).
75g Butter Beans salad
XL Salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, baby rocket, lemon juice etc)
Protein Carb Fat Cal
26g 15g 24g 375

Bedtime snack:

250ml Organic Unhomogenised Full Cream Milk
30g Tri-Release Protein
Protein Carb Fat Cal
32g 14g 11g 285

TOTAL
Protein: Carb Fat Cal
138g 233g 85g 2200
25% 42% 33%

Please Note: On your days off training, you still want to maintain the calorie count since your metabolism will still be revving and you'll need the stored energy for the upcoming workouts. For the pre/during and pwo drinks, these would be better substituted with normal food which will place a higher demand on the body's digestive system and would therefore maintain a higher metabolism.

For the workout, please follow this link: http://ausbb.com/general-topic/8996-100-burpees-challenge.html
As far as you are concerned, progression is key. In other words, before attempting to complete 100 burpees in a set amount of time on the first day, rather aim for no less than 40 burpees a day with the aim of reaching the 100 mark by the end of 30 days. You do this by adding 2 burpees extra everyday on top of your base 40. So day #1 you go for 40; day #2=42, 3=44, 4=46, 5=48, 6=50 etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5oXadjFAlQ

You'll actually burn more calories after a HIIT workout than traditional slow to moderate boring monotonous draggy cardio lasting 40-60 minutes. Your metabolism and basal rate of burning calories remains elevated for up to 48 hours after interval training.

To maintain maximum muscle mass whilst improving muscle tone and further speeding up your metabolism, you would need to perform few compound "bodybuilding" exercises.

These exercises are done one after the other with no rest as in a circuit. This workout is compact and fast, but easy it's not. Good results never come from easy anything.

1. Squat star jumps x20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPFtd4K-khA&feature=PlayList&p=724CA9D3DC011A36&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=35

2. Squats x20
3. Bench press x20
4. Dead lift x20
5. Millitary press x 20
6. Crunches x 20

That’s 1 circuit. Start with one set of circuit for the first week then increase until you can perform 3 sets whilst having a 2 minutes brake in between each circuit. Alternate between this workout and the burpees on different days until you are able to incorporate the two workouts in the same session. This is a no nonsense workout that will deliver results. It's quick and to the point with no frills or time wasters. Your time and health are precious to you; that's what I have taken into consideration when devising this whole eating and training plan. Enjoy and the best of health to you.

Exercise Option #2: http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/9219-lose-fat-maintain-muscle.html#post68651

PS: I do realise there'll be some questions and I welcome them. You may be wondering why the white bread and not whole wheat or whole grain etc. So please feel free to ask away. We're all here to share and grow in knowledge. Thank you for reading.
Fadi.

Last edited:
Would Free Form Aminos be a good substitute for the WPI during workout since they are rapidly absorbed being unbound?

Absolutely Shrek. Just make sure you include Glutamine in there please. I'll be doing a whole article on Glutamine very soon.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Hi Fadi,

I have been following the 2200 plan for 2 weeks and already am seeing a great response in body fat loss and energy increase. I am unsure however if this is too low in macronutirnts for me to stick to as maintenece diet long term or not, i have looked at your 3&4000 diets aslo and would like some direction as too which one you think i should be incorperating.

I am 33, current 95kgs, 180cms, based on my BF scales I am 27.9 %BF

I have been routinely following the 'max ot style' workout plan with consistent gains in strength over the past 18 months.

recently i have started your 100 burpees and circut training.

It still take me about 28mins to do 100. I am very disclipined with regards to my training and diet. My current goal is to acheive low body fat levels whilst maintaining as much muscle as possible. Any assistance would be greatly appriciated. i have read many of your posts and you seem very knowlgeable and i like your approach.

Workout:

I figured i would edit now as not have to post it later..

as i said generally I have stuck to the max ot principles. i.e

The basics

• Frequency. Train each muscle group one session per week.
  • Overload. Add either reps or weight to your lifts each week.
  • Lift heavy, with maximum intensity. Use weights you could lift for no more than 6 reps, and do 4-6 reps per set. Increase the weight when you can comfortably do 6 reps per set.
  • Be brief. Train only 1-2 muscle groups per session, with 6-9 sets per muscle group. This should total 30-40 minutes maximum per session.
  • Utilise heavy compounds. Compounds are multi-joint exercises that recruit more than one muscle group, and are widely regarded as the best choice for building strength and mass.
  • 1 week-off every 8 weeks. This gives your muscles and nervous system a chance to recover so that you stay gaining continuously
That said lately, in my quest to loose some unwanted BF and re-establish a lean basem, i have opted for your burpee&circuit workouts.

MDan

Last edited:
Hi Fadi,

I have been following the 2200 plan for 2 weeks and already am seeing a great response in body fat loss and energy increase. I am unsure however if this is too low in macronutirnts for me to stick to as maintenece diet long term or not, i have looked at your 3&4000 diets aslo and would like some direction as too which one you think i should be incorperating.

I am 33, current 95kgs, 180cms, based on my BF scales I am 27.9 %BF

I have been routinely following the 'max ot style' workout plan with consistent gains in strength over the past 18 months.

recently i have started your 100 burpees and circut training.

It still take me about 28mins to do 100. I am very disclipined with regards to my training and diet. My current goal is to acheive low body fat levels whilst maintaining as much muscle as possible. Any assistance would be greatly appriciated. i have read many of your posts and you seem very knowlgeable and i like your approach.

Workout:

I figured i would edit now as not have to post it later..

as i said generally I have stuck to the max ot principles. i.e

The basics

• Frequency. Train each muscle group one session per week.
  • Overload. Add either reps or weight to your lifts each week.
  • Lift heavy, with maximum intensity. Use weights you could lift for no more than 6 reps, and do 4-6 reps per set. Increase the weight when you can comfortably do 6 reps per set.
  • Be brief. Train only 1-2 muscle groups per session, with 6-9 sets per muscle group. This should total 30-40 minutes maximum per session.
  • Utilise heavy compounds. Compounds are multi-joint exercises that recruit more than one muscle group, and are widely regarded as the best choice for building strength and mass.
  • 1 week-off every 8 weeks. This gives your muscles and nervous system a chance to recover so that you stay gaining continuously
That said lately, in my quest to loose some unwanted BF and re-establish a lean basem, i have opted for your burpee&circuit workouts.

MDan

Mika,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I checked on your profile and saw a photo (avatar) there; is that you? If it is, you look like you have some rockmelon deltoids and no fat there my friend.

I have another person with very similar statistic as you and he has opted to cycle between my 2200 and 2800 "diet". It's a good way to keep your metabolism reving. Now that you've included the mighty burpees, you're going to have to make sure you don't lose too much as opposed to not enough This exercise is brutal and it's brutaly effective as well. It's an honest exercise that gives you honest returns for your efforts. I'd consider 100 burpees better than running 2km. There's zero momentum and nearly all your muscles as well as your cardicascular system are working in very high gear indeed.

Weight circuits are just magic in maintaining your muscles whilst at the same time using a huge load of glycogen as well as revving your metabolism up.

The weight program you have been following seems to be geared for strength gains more than anything else. If it's giving you results that you are content with then by all means stick with it.

I just do not wish to see you burn out Mika. I hope you're taking enough antioxidant in the form of vitamin C & E. 1000mg split into 4 & 400-500 split into 2/day. Don't forget to load on green tea and if you like me, white tea as well. Amazing flavoniods and polyphenols to keep the immune system happy.

I hope I've cleared few things up for you Mika.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response Fadi,

yes that is certainly me in my avtar, i am still having issues with uploading pics to my posts so i will work that out soon to give you a better idea at my status.

As i said the 2200 diet is working for me in the way of body fat loss, i have dropped 3.6kgs in the 3 weeks since reading your post. my goal atm is to loosebody fat and acheive a sub 12%BF, and although i look quite lean in my photo i still have a way to go. I agree with your advice on cycling the diet, infact i used your 4000 cals (what a pleasure) on Sunday.

as i said i have basically been following this for last 6 months..

I weight train two on one off, four week split will be:
1 Legs (5 sets of 12 reps) Four excercises per body part
2 Chest
3 Back
4 Arms
+Calves 5 sets of 20 each workout
+Abs 5 sets of 10 each workout
Week 1 (9)(5 sets of 12)
Week 2 (10)(5 sets of 15)
Week 3 (11)(5 stes of 20)
week 4 (12)(5 sets of 25)

I usually follow (MAX OT) principles 3 sets of 6, but am going the higher rep range over the last eight weeks.

an example of my nutrition (before I incorperated your 2200)

Diet;
4 of seven days: 5:30am through 10:30pm

5:30 - Wholefood drink

4tblspn Oats
30g protien

225g meat
1/2 cup rice

225g meat
140g potatoe

225g meat
1/2 cup rice

Pre workout
Post workout

225g meat
greens/ salad

10:30 - 30g protien

Totals:Cals 2250
CBs 150
Pro 320
Fats 17

2 of seven days: 5:30am through 10:30pm (Wed & Sun)
5:30 - Wholefood drink

10tblspn Oats
30g protien

225g meat
1 1/2 cup rice

225g meat
340g potatoe

225g meat
1 cup rice

Pre workout - (10g Glut, NO Shotgun, 2 BCAA caps)
Post workout - (10g Glut, 60g Dextrose, 5g Creatine, 2 BCAA caps)

30g Protien

225g meat
greens/ salad

10:30 - 30g protien

Totals:
Cals 3188
CBs 360
Pro 345
Fats 26

Current Sups are basically:

Mulitvitiamin
Omega 3
L- Glutamine
L-Carnatine
Beta Alanine
Glucosamine
theromgenics
Test boost/Cort block
Digestive enzymes
Creatine
NO pre workout
Magnesium
Zinc

I currenty am aiming to get lean as I have never truly been ripped and want to acheive that goal. I wasnt really losing any BF on the above plan.. i am really excited i found your 2200 diet as already i am seeing results.

I a a bit perplexed with my training atm and ask for some advice as to which direction i can take..

as i said i am doing the 100 burpees every second or third day depending on recovery follwed by your 20 rep x3 circuit. i am enjoying this and feel that it fits well into my fat loss goals but I miss moving the heavy weights so every couple of days i am relenting back to a one or two BP workout using low reps and heavy kgs. my body is feeling a bit sore.

note i aslo train in MMA & taekwondo 3 times a week in the evenings.

my daily job atm is a desk job.

i am aslo about to begin a PT course so i hope that will change soon and i can spend my days in the gym.

So

a) do you think that 2200 - 2800 diet is enough for me to maintain my muscle mass?
b) is cycling up to 2800 going to create enough impact as opposed to 4000 for one day a week.
c) should i save the 'max ot' workouts for when i reset my goal to muscle building?

I noticed in another post you train FB workouts 3x weekly, do you join in any other excercise aside from this?

MD

Last edited:
Thanks for your response Fadi,
MD

You're most welcome Mika (I'm sorry if you hate me calling you that, I think it's quite nice actually)

yes that is certainly me in my avtar, i am still having issues with uploading pics to my posts so i will work that out soon to give you a better idea at my status.

Well then I can't wait to see you shots, I mean that. I love those shoulders.

i used your 4000 cals (what a pleasure) on Sunday.
Why do you think that is Mika? Is it the balance of it or is it something else that you do like about it?

i have basically been following this for last 6 months..
Have you read my new posts on training. One is called who are you and the other is called Fadi on bodybuilding. Please do check them out then we can discuss training.

Diet;
4 of seven days: 5:30am through 10:30pm
Wow Mika, didn't you go to jail for attempting to murder your endocrine and immune system with that amount of low fat?! Too much protein will only go to fuel what the carbs should have been cleanly fueling. But I don't think you're on these diets anymore, are you?

I a a bit perplexed with my training atm and ask for some advice as to which direction i can take..
Let us deal with one thing at a time Mika. We'll get the "diet" right then soon after we'll move on to some specifics in training. What do you say?

I miss moving the heavy weights so every couple of days i am relenting back to a one or two BP workout using low reps and heavy kgs. my body is feeling a bit sore.
If there's anything I always stress, it's the enjoyment one receives through training as well as eating. You've got to love it! And you can NOT love it if you don't enoy it. Very simple really.

note i aslo train in MMA & taekwondo 3 times a week in the evenings.
You're certainly one active gentleman Mika.

i am aslo about to begin a PT course so i hope that will change soon and i can spend my days in the gym.
I know. I've read your exchanges with Kyle. All the very best to you with that and I hope you pass with flying colours my friend.

a) do you think that 2200 - 2800 diet is enough for me to maintain my muscle mass?
If it maintains your bodyweight then you can be sure your muscle mass will be maintained because it's a very balanced diet with medium carbs (just enough but not too much). It's all about calories here Mika. If you find yourself loosing weight, then that would obviously mean that 2800 is below your maintenance caloric requirements taking all that you're doing into consideration.

Now if you don't mind loosing on the 2800 and you're loosing slowly (which is good), then the type of exercises you're doing would determine the ratio of that loss. Weight training as you're currently doing is going toward helping you maintain muscles mass. The burpees likewise, although it revs your metabolism beyond revving, it works nearlt all your muscles by allowing you to use your own bodyweight to execute it. Ask me more about this if I haven't put your mind at ease yet please, Thanks.

b) is cycling up to 2800 going to create enough impact as opposed to 4000 for one day a week.
It's not a one day a week thing Mika. It's 2 days of this and 2 days of that and so on. Or one day of this and one day of that. Done one day on , one day "off" would be the equivilant of having a 2500 calorie "diet"/day, not exact but close enough and it will keep your metabolism guessing as I've mentioned before. Mika is the best judge of which "diet" is suitable here, so ask him (but give him a chance to try it for at least a week or so). I like creating another person whenever I'm dealing with "dieting" or training. Have you ever talked with your muscles Mika. I know it sounds crazy but that's me (and many world class athleteas I knew), we're all a bit crazy.:)

c) should i save the 'max ot' workouts for when i reset my goal to muscle building?
Sure. Just concentrate on one thing at a time. I can later write you a program that would make you smash ALL your existing record (I don't joke with this things), so let me know when the time is right.

I noticed in another post you train FB workouts 3x weekly, do you join in any other excercise aside from this?
No. But my name is Fadi and not Mika. We're all different and the champion is a champion because he knows how to read his body's feedback signals and is very much in tune with all that makes him who he is. Listen to ten different people and you'll get ten different advices, all caliming to know more about YOU than you know about you. Stay away from these "experts".

Take care my friend.

Fadi.

Last edited:
You're most welcome Mika (I'm sorry if you hate me calling you that, I think it's quite nice actually)

I like to too.. my name is Actually Daniel, nice to meet you.

Why do you think that is Mika? Is it the balance of it or is it something else that you do like about it?

I love the variation and options, also the 4000 cals leave me feeling powerful.

Have you read my new posts on training. One is called who are you and the other is called Fadi on bodybuilding. Please do check them out then we can discuss training.

I have read them both, yes, very informative, helpful and exciting information.

Wow Mika, didn't you go to jail for attempting to murder your endocrine and immune system with that amount of low fat?! Too much protein will only go to fuel what the carbs should have been cleanly fueling. But I don't think you're on these diets anymore, are you?

No i am not, and as i said, i didnt have any success using that plan.

Let us deal with one thing at a time Mika. We'll get the "diet" right then soon after we'll move on to some specifics in training. What do you say?

Agreed!

If there's anything I always stress, it's the enjoyment one receives through training as well as eating. You've got to love it! And you can NOT love it if you don't enoy it. Very simple really.

I wholeheartedly agree, which is why I included the issue in my post, I do LOVE my training and everything that goes with the lifestyle, And as i said i seem to be floating abit aimlessly (although I have my body goals in mind) with my actual program atm.

You're certainly one active gentleman Mika.

i like to think so, the fats loss goal i have atm is also directed at increasing my agility and cardiovascular capabilities to improve my other interest othe than weight training. i must say tho i am troubled by the feeling of being too small (if that makes sense) as my body fat levels decrease.

I know. I've read your exchanges with Kyle. All the very best to you with that and I hope you pass with flying colours my friend.

thank you i am very excited and postive, i hope to make a new carrier for myself in an industry that i love.

If it maintains your bodyweight then you can be sure your muscle mass will be maintained because it's a very balanced diet with medium carbs (just enough but not too much). It's all about calories here Mika. If you find yourself loosing weight, then that would obviously mean that 2800 is below your maintenance caloric requirements taking all that you're doing into consideration.

ill have to re-visit this "maintenece caloric amount" once I reach an attainable/maintainable lower body fat level.

Now if you don't mind loosing on the 2800 and you're loosing slowly (which is good), then the type of exercises you're doing would determine the ratio of that loss. Weight training as you're currently doing is going toward helping you maintain muscles mass. The burpees likewise, although it revs your metabolism beyond revving, it works nearlt all your muscles by allowing you to use your own bodyweight to execute it. Ask me more about this if I haven't put your mind at ease yet please, Thanks.

I am just not sure of an 'optimal' arrangement for all my activities i.e burpees, wieght training, cardio, martial arts...

but as you said i suppose i should just devise a plan based on what works best for ME.

It's not a one day a week thing Mika. It's 2 days of this and 2 days of that and so on. Or one day of this and one day of that. Done one day on , one day "off" would be the equivilant of having a 2500 calorie "diet"/day, not exact but close enough and it will keep your metabolism guessing as I've mentioned before. Mika is the best judge of which "diet" is suitable here, so ask him (but give him a chance to try it for at least a week or so). I like creating another person whenever I'm dealing with "dieting" or training. Have you ever talked with your muscles Mika. I know it sounds crazy but that's me (and many world class athleteas I knew), we're all a bit crazy.:)

Dont worry im with you in the crazy boat :) I am losing body fat and weight slowly and consistently on the 2200,(2 weeks) i will begin now to cycle the 2800 and the 2200 every 2 days as suggested, and reveiw the results in 2 weeks. My only question is i do not seem to respond well to the white bread (Breakfast) would you suggest a substitue?

Sure. Just concentrate on one thing at a time. I can later write you a program that would make you smash ALL your existing record (I don't joke with this things), so let me know when the time is right.

i look forward to it..

thanks i look forward to your next post.

MD

Last edited:
This is a no nonsense workout and eating plan that when combined, will deliver a great result in the shortest time possible. Keep Fit & Stay Healthy!

1. Squat star jumps x20
2. Squats x20
3. Bench press x20
4. Dead lift x20
5. Millitary press x 20
6. Crunches x 20

That’s 1 circuit. Start with one set of circuit for the first week then increase until you can perform 3 sets whilst having a 2 minutes brake in between each circuit. Alternate between this workout and the burpees on different days until you are able to incorporate the two workouts in the same session. This is a no nonsense workout that will deliver results. It's quick and to the point with no frills or time wasters. Your time and health are precious to you; that's what I have taken into consideration when devising this whole eating and training plan. Enjoy and the best of health to you.

PS: I do realise there'll be some questions and I welcome them. You may be wondering why the white bread and not whole wheat or whole grain etc. So please feel free to ask away. We're all here to share and grow in knowledge. Thank you for reading (if you could see my writing). I'm having some difficulties with fonts as you have already figured out.

Fadi.

Hi Fadi,

What sort of cylce should this workout run at? days on off etc or will that just depend on capabilities. i mean if you build up to 100 BPES followed by 3 rounds of the circuit .. should you complete this as your daily workout??

images of my progress

062s01ytyjx

My only question is i do not seem to respond well to the white bread (Breakfast) would you suggest a substitue?MD

For sure, I gave few options there but wholemeal or wholegrain were not part of them. The reason is the allergies some people have with the whole grain as well as the phytochemicals / phytoestrogen. If you check the net, you'll find some very positive comments on something that in my opinion has a possible detrimental effect. I'm NOT a nutritionist and thank God I'm not. The nutritionist I like to listen to are the "free" from obligations type. Yes it's a political statement I'm making but you'll find I'm not the only one. Governments don't give a damn (another political statement) as long as their pockets are getting filled up. A good example is cigarettes and the "hypocritical" scary advertisements they have on the packets. If something has been proven to KILL your citizens; why are you allowing its sale?!

Mika, now that I've let off some steam, you can have whatever you feel comfortable with as far as bread is concerned, as long as you know what you're eating.

Fadi.

Hi Fadi,

What sort of cylce should this workout run at? days on off etc or will that just depend on capabilities. i mean if you build up to 100 BPES followed by 3 rounds of the circuit .. should you complete this as your daily workout??

Wow, absolutely Mika! 100 brutal burpees PLUS (weight circuit x 3) is nothing short of magic big man.

All power to you Tiger.

Fadi.

So I am currently completeing the 100 Bpes followed by the circuit 2 days a week in the am, other 4 days i am working through my body parts .i.e Legs,Back,Chest,Arms.

Current kg is 94.8 (Body fat at 20.7%) I will increase cardio (brief inteval training) if the fat los stops, and rely on the 2200/2800 cycle for nutrition..

updates to come

So I am currently completeing the 100 Bpes followed by the circuit 2 days a week in the am, other 4 days i am working through my body parts .i.e Legs,Back,Chest,Arms.

Current kg is 94.8 (Body fat at 20.7%) I will increase cardio (brief inteval training) if the fat los stops, and rely on the 2200/2800 cycle for nutrition..

updates to come

You're killing it Stallion, bravo!

Fadi.

Before/During Workout Energy Drink: 6g WPI, 40g Oatmass, 400ml water
Or--------------------------------------------6g WPI, 25g WMS, 400ml water
Or--------------------------------------------45g 1 ½ thin slice white bread, 5g WPI, water
Or------------------------------------------- 125g White potato boiled, 5g WPI, water
Protein Carb Fat Cal
6g 24g 1g 130

Immediately PWO Anabolic Drink: 10g WPI, 65g Oatmass, 500ml water
Or----------------------------------------15g WPI, 50g WMS, 500ml water
Or----------------------------------------225g White boiled potato, 12g WPI
Or---------------------------------------- 90g 3 slices white bread, 10g WPI, water
Protein Carb Fat Cal
15g 45g 1g 250

Breakfast:

2x60g egg boiled/scrambled
90g 3 thin slices white bread
25g Dried apricot OR, 30g pitted prunes OR, 106g 1 small apple
10ml (2 teaspoons) extra virgin olive oil
OR--------------------------------------20g nut or seed of your choice.

Green tea with stevia; if not available, then with splenda.
Protein Carb Fat Cal
22g 60g 29g 545

Snack:

200g Yoghurt, Organic & Natural
OR: -------------------------------------150g Cottage cheese.
250g Strawberry Punnet (can be blended with the natural yogurt with added stivia or splenda for sweetness).
OR---------------------------------------250g Rockmelon blended as above
OR---------------------------------------150g Mango (blended as above)
OR---------------------------------------150g Blueberries (blended as above).
As a variation, add 1 teaspoon Coffee + 1 teaspoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, add sweetener and water as necessary and have a yogurt LIFT!
Protein Carb Fat Cal
15g 32g 8g 260

Lunch:

70g Chicken, dark meat, meat only, roasted, chopped or diced
100g Baked Sweet Potato
OR: ---------------------------25g Raw Basmati rice (cooked)
OR: ---------------------------30g Raw Pasta (cooked).
Cup of white tea with stevia; if not available, then with splenda.
Protein Carb Fat Cal
20g 2 3g 7g 232

Snack:

1x10g square Lindt, Excellence Chocolate, Dark, 70% Cocoa
1x 150g small orange
Protein Carb Fat Cal
2.5g 20g 4g 125

Dinner:

100g Raw Salmon pan fried
10 ml (2 teaspoons) macadamia oil for shallow frying
75g Butter Beans salad
XL Salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, baby rocket, lemon juice etc)
Protein Carb Fat Cal
26g 15g 24g 375

Bedtime snack:

250ml Organic Unhomogenised Full Cream Milk
30g Tri-Release Protein
Protein Carb Fat Cal
32g 14g 11g 285

TOTAL
Protein: Carb Fat Cal
138g 233g 85g 2200
25% 42% 33%

For the workout, please follow this link: http://ausbb.com/general-topic/8996-100-burpees-challenge.html
As far as you are concerned, progression is key. In other words, before attempting to complete 100 burpees in a set amount of time on the first day, rather aim for no less than 40 burpees a day with the aim of reaching the 100 mark by the end of 30 days. You do this by adding 2 burpees extra everyday on top of your base 40. So day #1 you go for 40; day #2=42, 3=44, 4=46, 5=48, 6=50 etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5oXadjFAlQ

You'll actually burn more calories after a HIIT workout than traditional slow to moderate boring monotonous draggy cardio lasting 40-60 minutes. Your metabolism and basal rate of burning calories remains elevated for up to 48 hours after interval training.

To maintain maximum muscle mass whilst improving muscle tone and further speeding up your metabolism, you would need to perform few compound "bodybuilding" exercises.

These exercises are done one after the other with no rest as in a circuit. This workout is compact and fast, but easy it's not. Good results never come from easy anything.

1. Squat star jumps x20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPFtd4K-khA&feature=PlayList&p=724CA9D3DC011A36&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=35

2. Squats x20
3. Bench press x20
4. Dead lift x20
5. Millitary press x 20
6. Crunches x 20

PS: I do realise there'll be some questions and I welcome them. You may be wondering why the white bread and not whole wheat or whole grain etc. So please feel free to ask away. We're all here to share and grow in knowledge. Thank you for reading (if you could see my writing). I'm having some difficulties with fonts as you have already figured out.

Fadi.

Hi again Fadi,

Some feedback I received on the above plan. I personally am sticking to it stricly as above, but I also have similar questions to the following, as it follwos a lot of the major guidelines we all hear about in relation to BB diets: your thoughts?

But at a glance the points I would suggest are;

- Total Calories... ok so you're quite active by the sounds of things with the amount of exercise you do but given the BF% you're quoting calories in the vacinity of 2800 could be on the high side unless your BMR is very high. Then again 120mins of MMA or Taekwondo I would imagine could be very taxing depending on the intensity. If you're already getting results from what you're doing and covering all other bases then you may only need to consider changing or modifying things if the weight loss slows or comes to a halt.

- Increase lean meat portions and overall Protein consumption (that is unless there's a medical reason why you avoid a higher protein intake?) to replace some of the carbs in there. I always prefer to eating a greater percentage of protein than carbs.

- bracket the carbs you eat into the meal prior to and post training where they're best utilised. Whether that be weights or your martial arts, otherwise for the remainder of the day just look to have some form of protein and green vegetables and/or salad.
A little bit (say 1/2 cup) of Oats or similar in the morning to raise blood sugars and assist brain function etc isn't such a bad idea either.

- White bread... ditch that... I personally would drop bread all together on a weight loss plan but if you have to have some (and I would recommend only occasionally) switch to wholemeal or multigrain or similiar. Chocolate... save that for a very small reward at the end of the week if you feel you've earnt it by training and dieting hard. Not every day. If you need a sweet fix consider supplementing Glutamine it cant help with those cravings, amongst many other great benefits, otherwise you could reach for a diet soft drink.

- The amount of dairy you're having there too could be reduced and then eliminated to get increased weight loss results. But like I said from the beginning it all depends on how restrictive you want to or can be.

- Overall carbs could be lower, things like 50g WMS post training you could gradually lower that, but then like I mentioned above your glycogen depletion could be quite substantial from 120min sessions.

- Just perhaps look at simplifying your diet regime there as a whole... not sure if perhaps it's just the way it's written but it looks complicated and possibly over analytical, not that there's anything wrong with that but hey just a comment. K.I.S.S (keep is simple stupid) always a good one to come back to.

MD

As the feedback says, you only need to change it if weight loss stops, so why not keep going? As long as it works for you and is manageable, then it's a good eating plan.

I always get annoyed with the 'one size fits all' approach to food. In the past I have found that strictly limiting calorie intake has cause me more problems than anything.

Also, recent studies continue to emphasise the importance of dairy in weight loss.

As the feedback says, you only need to change it if weight loss stops, so why not keep going? As long as it works for you and is manageable, then it's a good eating plan.

I always get annoyed with the 'one size fits all' approach to food. In the past I have found that strictly limiting calorie intake has cause me more problems than anything.

Also, recent studies continue to emphasise the importance of dairy in weight loss.

Hi bree,

Thanks, I agree, its a GREAT plan and i have no intention of stopping it, i have only follwoed it for a few weeks so i need to maintain for a longer period to really evaluate its effect anyway. I was just after some general thoughts on some of the points thats all, becasue as i said, some of the staple arguments for BB diets are in there... e.g no bread, low dairy, lower carb, no chocolate :(... etc etc

Sometimes people cut unnecessary things out of their diet because they are worried. With dairy it is because of old school thoughts around fat, bread is from the anti-carb proponents.

With a traditional BB diet you would need to take a fibre supplement to go to the bathroom. That is not a way to live. A good eating plan is one that does not dominate you life, but is just happens. This is why restrictive diets tend to fail in the long run, because people can't stick to them.

Some people do need a really restricted diet to achieve their goals. But most BB'ers will stuff up their metabolisms in the long run and find themselves needing to be increasingly tough during their cut periods because their metabolism has ground to a halt.

why white bread? that stuff is awful on your colon.

yeah thats why i was wondering too. also white bread is usually pretty high GI isnt it? how will that go if i sit at a desk all day and only get active in the evenings every 2nd day when i work out