• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fat burners that actually work

Fadi

Boil a cup of water, add 1 teaspoon of coffee, 1 bag of green tea, leave for 7 minutes then drink. Add to this mixture 1/2 a tablet of aspirin. Do this about 3 times a day.

Is this combo as effective as ephedrine? I'd have to say yes for the simple reason that you can stay on this long term, where ephedrine would make your heart race so much that its side effects would quickly outweigh any benefit it was going to give you.

If you in a hurry and need something to get the fat moving before your workout, then grab an energy drink which has guarana as its main ingredient, and drink 1/2 hour before your workout.

Pill form in anything is always going to give you more of a "kick", but side effects are also more. I'd rather have green tea for its catechin then pop a green tea extract pill instead. Green tea has more than just one chemical; it has the amino acid L-Theanine which is an amazing mind relaxant, (without the sleepiness).

One gram of green tea steeped in 100 millimetres of water yields 127 milligrams of catechins. In comparison, 100 grams of dark chocolate contains 54 milligrams, blueberries 52 milligrams and black grapes only 22 milligrams.

Having said the above, nothing, but nothing beats a caloric deficit through a bare minimum reduction of calories taken in and caloric expenditure through some hard ass high rep squatting / deadlifting and burpees for example. What I'm emphasising here is work work and more work over caloric reduction and a reliance on any magic pill or potion. Your mind WILL thank you for it because it is basic; it's the meat and potato of how loosing fat is best approached, and because it is the least complicated and safest. So, if you decide to drop the aspirin and the caffeine, please do drink about 4 cups of green tea a day just for its amazing antioxidant power, (and any fat loss would be an icing on the cake).

If all the above sounds confusing, then let it not be so. I've just giving you more than one option and hinted as to what I would do WITHOUT telling you to do the same. I believe that's the best approach. I want YOU to make up your OWN mind based on the information provided, (by me or any other person for that matter). That's the only way you are going to grow in knowledge and be the best individual that you can possibly be.

My approach to things is always very simple, yet never simplistic!

As a final note:

Aspirin potentiates the thermogenic effect of the other two ingredients I listed. Likewise, naringenin (found in grapefruit and grapefruit juice) prolongs the caffeine effect. Theophylline and catechins (which are found in green tea) have also been reported to be thermogenic.

For the information that I have provided, I heavily relied on one of my favourite doctors, Doctor Michael Colgan from his book, The New Nutrition: Medicine for the Millennium (1996); and what REAL bodybuilders in Lebanon were taking when I was there in 2007.

Michael Colgan, PhD, CCN, is a biochemist and physiologist nutritionist who gained recognition through his articles in the bodybuilding magazine Muscular Development and also through his books. In other words, he wrote AGAINST the establishment and recognised what actually worked rather than what some giant organisations / companies would want us to beleive actually works...

Fadi.

Last edited:
yeah but how does green tea mixed with coffee tatse. it couldn;t be very palatable.

Why can't I drink a cup off coffee (warm), take a Green Tea capsule with the aspirin?
Same effect, yeah?

Recreate

I would say buy USp labs recreate. It is like ephedrine. Works on a simular pathway but is legal. It cuts you up quick.

But it costs around the $100 mark (assuming it works). The caffeine / green tea / aspirin combo would be a mere $40-50 for over 1 month supply and has scientific backing. if you researched the effectiveness of green tea and caffeine you will realise.

You can buy homoeopathic ECA stack but it's useless. i have tried it.

Last edited:
Shrek, as I've said already, you can take green tea extract and you will get a kick from it. However my aim is to always start with the bare minimum and read my body's feedback signs before increasing dosage or complicating things.

There's nothing wrong (how can there be?) with what you are suggesting. I just like to try plan A (the weakest if you like) before having a go at plan B, C...

You'll find later when I start presenting you (and this forum) with my approach to training, you'll realise it's exactly the same. For example, if one set stimulate the muscle, then what would be the use for a second except to change the word use to abuse. That's not my cup of tea big man.

PS: Does the stuff I suggested really cost this much? Aspirin is about $1 for 20. I don't know, you may be right.

Fadi.

Yes it does,
Caffeine tabs (90 at 200mgs) cost around $20 and green tea tabs 60 for $30-$40 dollars.

Fadi, with Green Tea/Coffee/Aspirin do you recommend combining all three ingrediants together into the mix, or is it fine to combine the coffee/tea, then drink a separate glass of water with the aspirin?

I would just suck it up and drink it, cant be that bad cosidering some of the concoctions I have come up with, not to mention some supplements I have tried. Atleast you have an idea what to expect, its not like its going to be orange cordial.

On a serious note green tea can induce some peoples asthma as I found out the hard way.
Having a weight loss comp with some friends, so I started to go nuts on the green tea after a few days of building up in my system my asthma started to get really bad.

Does anyone have any evidence to even suggest that works? Long term effort of aspirin can not be good for you

Don't know if it works, but I've certainly heard a lot about it being ok for most people to take long term.
I am not a pub med detective, so I can't find you anything scientific (and I don't have time to google it) but people have been taking aspirin for yeeeears so I think it's highly unlikely the long term effect is bad.
Just look at a lot of the elderly, popping a pill a day for 40+ years in some cases.
They are doing a huge study on it right now, testing if it decreases the risk of strokes if I remember correctly.
It was on Today Tonight a month or so ago, some research group had millions of pills to hand out to hordes of elderly they'd lined up to try it.

As the box of aspirin says, see your doctor before taking for extended periods.