• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chocoholic.That I AM !

Fadi

Is there anybody in the house who doesn’t like chocolate? We’re all big kids and we love it. You don’t believe me? Have a look at different age group people when they’re mixing with their age bracket and see how they behave! You’ll never be too old for that love food.

That brings me to; what is it about chocolate that gives it a permanent residency in the most luxurious part of our heart and mind? Well it’s all about chemicals here. What makes a smoker of marijuana attached to his habit? It’s that high feeling he’ll tell you. Similarly, a feeling of satisfaction, happiness, all mixed in with a feeling of stress relief and antidepressant, is what we get from few bites of chocolates,(to some that may mean a whole 100 or 200gms bar of chocolate)!

Scientists have finally discovered a possible chemical connection that is the cause for these positive feelings. Chocolate contain phenylethylamine (PEA), a neurotransmitter that is released by neurons at moments of emotional euphoria, including feelings of love, (Valentine anyone!). It may be that one of the reasons that make chocolate high on the food addiction list is that people are actually getting minute amounts of PEA from it. What is puzzling though, is why we don’t have the same affinity for foods such as salami, pickled herring and cheddar cheese...these actually contain much more PEA than an equivalent amount of chocolate.

One explanation may be controversial findings suggesting that chocolate contains pharmacologically active substances with the same effect on the brain as marijuana. In marijuana, the pharmacologically active substance is THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). Brain cells have receptors for THC.

THC is not found in chocolate, but another neurotransmitter called anandamine is. Like THC, anandamine is naturally produced in the brain and binds to the same receptor, which may help explain why, while eating chocolate will not make you high, it’s likely to provoke some pleasant feelings or at least feel more relaxed and less anxious. It’s almost always the “I need some instead of want some chocolate NOW!” cry that you hear. Like other neurotransmitters, anandamine is broken down quickly after it’s produced, but other chemicals in chocolate inhibit the natural breakdown of anandamine, allowing it to remain in the brain longer, making us feel good when we eat that magic Gold!

This powerhouse is more powerful than green tea and red wine, and that’s really saying something! Thanks for reading

Go for the 70% and 85% for the most benefit. Lindt Creation 70% is my all time favourite. 1x15g square is all you need for that "fix". Oh Ok, make that 2x15g squares for that real sweet feeling! Thanks for reading.

http://ausbb.com/general-topic/8987-stressed-desserts.html#post63973

Fadi.

Last edited:
Go for the 70% and 85% for the most benefit. Lindt Creation 70% is my all time favourite. 1x15g square is all you need for that "fix". Oh Ok, make that 2x15g squares for that real sweet feeling! Thanks for reading.
This cracked me up.
Real sweet feeling....LMAO.

Hey Adrian, I had to google LMAO to find out what it meant. Do you think I'm behind the times here or what?

Thanks for your comment Mr. Moderator.

When's your trip by the way?

Fadi.

My trip is on the 3rd Sept to 15th Oct. Going all over Europe.

Then when I get back it's serious training again.

It would be my pleasure to help you with whatever you need. Just shout my way mate. I'm all for results and would expect nothing less.

Fadi.