• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Current Daily Food Plan

Chussen

Ok here goes, this is my current daily food plan:

1. a choice of porridge cooked in water, no milk (hate the stuff) OR yoghurt with PP & oatbran.

2. brown rice with flaxseed oil.

3. a piece of fruit, usually a banana or nashi.

4. sweet potato boiled or done as falt sliced chips in the George Foreman & burnt to a crisp.

5. boiled chicken breast with rocket & flaxseed oil, maybe some tomato & spanish onion, bit flexible with what is in the fridge.:rolleyes:

6. can of tuna or fresh fish lightly pan fried.

7. egg whites with some dry oats & flaxseed oil.

Sometimes also - instead of 6 or 7 - more boiled chicken & green vegies with onion. Or occasionally lean red meat.

Items 1 & 5 stay the same, but the others I swap around a bit.
Aim is to build muscle & keep fat to a minimum.

Now please be gentle with me........

Hi Chussen

what is your current height/weight? Are you happy with your weight right now? You don't have to answer if you don't want to - but it helps with evaluating the diet!

Ummm, at first glance it doesn't look like enough food - especially the protein. Meal 2, 3, and 4 don't have much protein there.

Also, when do you workout? Your 1st meal after workout should have a fair amount of lean protein in it. If meal 2, 3, 4 is immediately after your workout, they aren't the best meals at all... (trying to be as gentle as I can :) )

We need to know how long you're training, as katie said your height and weight, what sort of training you do, and so on.

But generally speaking you need more fresh fruit and vegies, and some nuts and beans. One piece of fruit and a few bits of lettuce and tomato are not enough to keep a person going.

At least two different fruits and four different vegetables every day, and a serve of beans or nuts, also every day.

Eat the whole eggs, too. If you are lifting heavy and doing some walks or runs, then a bit of extra fat from the yolks is not only not bad for you, but needed.

Thanks guys, I think I do need more protein. It's not until you read back over it, it doesn't look so good. Although I forgot to add I have a protein shake after training.

I weigh about 55kgs (happy with that) & am bout 154?cms. I train around lunch time each day for 1 -1.5 hours with weights & fast walk about .5 -1 hour a day.

I have it in my head that egg yolks & nuts are full of fat. I wrote this up & erased it twice. Just being honest.:confused:

Well you are correct. Egg yolks and nuts are full of fat. But they have good fat in them (generally) and are an essential part of your diet.

I know where you're coming from (I think) - as a girl, we've been steered towards 99% fat free foods - I've actually deliberately included more nuts and avocados in my diet because you need to eat fat to burn fat.

If you train around lunch time is meal 5 your post workout meal? cos I really hope it's not 2, 3 or 4. Have protein shake immediately after training (within 15 mins) and then your solid meal about 30 mins - 1 hr later (ie. don't wait too long)

Hi Chussen

I didn't realise this diet you posted up was a comp prep diet. How did it go? Are you still finding it working for you?

Great pics by the way - we'll be cheering for you as you prepare for the next comp! 5 weeks to go eh? How is it going? I assume you have a coach though and that you should be taking his advice over ours :)

I have now added some raw almonds to my diet & am happy with the progress. Thanks!

I assume you have a coach though and that you should be taking his advice over ours :)

Well, I did have a coach but they got sick & haven't been around for a while, so I am going solo with my own experiences & trying to learn as much as I can (here)before the next comp. It's really quite a lot to take on board whenyou are doing things on your own. But I will get there. ;) I must have a positive attitude!

Chussen,

I see plenty of (relatively speaking) flaxseed oil but nothing else in the way of fat. Do you have an issue with fats? I wish you would substitute the flaxseed oil for extra virgin olive oil Chussen.

Flaxseed oil is extremely unstable and can go off, becoming rancid and breaking down into free radicals. Not nice at all. So unless you're 1000% sure that it's not rancid, keep away. Better still, do some research on it that's all I’m saying.

I don't see any cholesterol either. Your liver manufactures 2000mg/day of this life sustaining ingredient and it does it for a reason. Do you hate the taste of egg yolks? Ok then, how about prawns (if you can eat them)?

If you like burning any type of food to a crisp, then I'd suggest you add some parsley to counteract the carcinogenic effect you get from such a food (it could be charred meat for that matter).

Up the fat and your largest body organ will forever be grateful to you Chussen; that's your skin. I'll stop here before I get myself into trouble with you!

Take care.

Fadi.

Thanks Fadi, more info would be great. I love egg yolks but previous trainers have told me I have to be lean for comp & that they are full of fat. This is why I don't eat them at the moment.
As for replacing flaxseed oil with xtra virgin olive oil - consider it done.:p
I get fresh prawns by the dozen from a local fisherman friend where I live, but again for reasons I do not know, I have always been told not to eat prawns or crayfish during comp. :confused::confused::confused:
One of my main concerns at this forum is that most guys here want to get big, I need to get big yeah, but remain lean as, so I have definition at comp.
Your help is taken with thanks!

I couldn't possibly advise you about competitions. But I can advise about health - some fats are necessary to health. Eggs, nuts, avocadoes and so on are good and you should for your health have lots; animal fats also good but bad in excess, so you should have a little bit for health.

Of course it's quite possible that health is something you can't have around competition time. Most athletes are really good in one area of fitness and pretty ordinary in the rest, and sportspeople have great muscle imbalances (eg basketballers have great shoulders and tris, much weaker biceps).

So it wouldn't surprise me if bodybuilders with just 3-9% bodyfat are in poor health at the time of competition. Again, that's another reason I couldn't advise. I am the guy for beginners, and the guy who can tell you how to make that bland diet tastier :)

Fadi, where are you? I need to know more about eating the prawns. I have high hopes of this now.

Sorry I didn't say thanks in the pics thread, I was very very thankful for your comments there. Now can you answer me about the prawns???:rolleyes:

Fadi, where are you? I need to know more about eating the prawns. I have high hopes of this now.

I’m here Chussen,

Whoever told you that prawns are bad for a bodybuilding contest need to see me and quick. What were these jealous and envious people thinking? I believe they told you the exact opposite of what is true Chussen.

Prawns are a truly awesome food to have, more so when dieting than when not! An explanation is in order here…

When choosing prawns for your meal whilst dieting, your food portion will be greater and will fill you up more due to the higher water content and lower fat/calorie content that is afforded to you by prawns. Take a look at the difference between the omega 6 to omega 3 ratio; now if that alone doesn’t convince you to choose this small animal that is absolutely huge on essential nutrients, then nothing will.

Chussen, please don’t forget why I mentioned prawns in the first place. It was because of their cholesterol content which you desperately need especially at contest time when fat in particular and calorie in general is low in your diet. I don’t want to persuade you on anything to do with your diet; not at this late stage anyway. But an egg yolk is not and will never be an enemy to a dieting bodybuilder in my opinion.

Back in the 70s and 80s, fat was the arch enemy of bodybuilding dieters. Today the devil is carb. What will it be tomorrow I wonder; PROTEN?!

Chussen, if you do not take in enough carb whilst reducing your calories to a bare minimum, then you can be sure that plenty of the protein you’re ingesting will break down to serve as an alternative fuel for your body. You may come in on contest day ripped to shreds due to the low carbs, but your muscle glycogen will also be low giving the appearance of a flat muscle. I re checked your diet and would ask you to check the following for one reason only: the strategic timing of the pre/during and post workout drinks. Disregard everything else for the moment. http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/8997-diet-1-2200-calorie-food-plan.html

I also noticed you have a piece of fruit. Again, please check my reply here re fructose and muscle glycogen and the best time to have it and why. Reply #18 http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-supplements/8951-protein-direct-opinions-products-2.html#post65434

Also, I’ve written an article this morning that is highly specialized for people such as yourself at this particular point in time. So do check it out please. http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/9089-re-feed-re-lose.html

I hope I didn’t smother you with information, if so, forgive me I mean well.

This...

prawn-salad.JPG

Not this...

Battered-Prawns02.jpg

But you knew that anyway Angie...:D:)!

Fadi.

Last edited:
Thanks Fadi, more info would be great. I love egg yolks but previous trainers have told me I have to be lean for comp & that they are full of fat. This is why I don't eat them at the moment.
As for replacing flaxseed oil with xtra virgin olive oil - consider it done.:p
I get fresh prawns by the dozen from a local fisherman friend where I live, but again for reasons I do not know, I have always been told not to eat prawns or crayfish during comp. :confused::confused::confused:
One of my main concerns at this forum is that most guys here want to get big, I need to get big yeah, but remain lean as, so I have definition at comp.
Your help is taken with thanks!

Prawns are awsome diet food if they were sheaper in sweden i would have them in my diet.

I have whole eggs in my diet know and you can have them in diets you need fat too in diets, it´s all about eating less energy than you use every day and then you lean up.

/Mattias

Chussen, if you do not take in enough carb whilst reducing your calories to a bare minimum, then you can be sure that plenty of the protein you’re ingesting will break down to serve as an alternative fuel for your body. You may come in on contest day ripped to shreds due to the low carbs, but your muscle glycogen will also be low giving the appearance of a flat muscle.

OMG!!! That's exactly what happened in the last comp. I was actually feeling the best pre-comp I had ever felt & when I saw the pics afterwards I was devastated. :eek:

Fadi, you are so great for taking the time to post this for me!!!

Sorry, I can't stay & chat I have to go & read the articles you attached!

Thanks heaps!:p