• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long will it take...

P

PrimalFury

Hey guys, im new here and wanted to ask a quick question.

I'm lookin to put on a little bit of weight, not the whole bodybuilding thing, only like, say 6-8 kgs or so of lean muscle mass. Pretty much just wondering how long it would take roughly.

Im 19 yrs old, 177cm or so and about 70kg.

Also, i play AFL so im doing 3 hard sessions of cardio training a week which i know will affect it. I have my weights already and a protein suppliment, just gotta find the motivation really haha ::)

So yeah, how long roughly if i did about 3 days a week of weights. And any training tips will be muchly appreciated!

Thanks in advance fellas :)

Primal

How long it will take to reach your goal really depends on so many factors eg genetics, diet, rest, training experience to name a few, so it is really hard to determine how long it will take you to get there. Generally you (being a "beginner" to weights) should be able to put on around .5kg a week but again that depends on diet, rest, training, etc.

As an Aussie Rules player and just coming into the season your best bet is to hold off until the off season to try and put on weight otherwise your not going to get the rest you need to grow muscle or play to your level. You will never hear of a player in the AFL put on weight during the season, usually they are maintaining with a drop in weight towards the "business end" of the season.

this article is a good one to run your eye over:
http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=2000

Good luck

K

That whole "bodybuilding thing" is the way to put on lean muscle mass. How long it will take will depend on so many factors - the quality of training, nutrition, recovery, genetics...

How long it will take depends alot on how much you are willing to put in.