• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Turkey Steak

P

Polly

If anyone likes turkey I buy Ingham marinated bbq turkey steaks from woolworths, they only take 5-10 mins to cook in the frypan or grill, they are absolutley delicious full of protein and hardly any fat.

Thanks polly! I don't buy any meat from Woolies because I find the local Asian butchers are heaps cheaper. But i'll look out for it next time :)

Never tried it, but may give it a go instead of the usual chicken every now and then,

Thanks.

Good to hear someone else has tried it :) I think the pack I got yesterday was about 450g for around $5 so pretty good, better than beef steak these days!

Oh, It's not frozen though is it? I never buy frozen anymore as there is around 1/4 extra water in it over buying fresh.

Good to hear someone else has tried it :) I think the pack I got yesterday was about 450g for around $5 so pretty good, better than beef steak these days!

Are you sure about that?
Turkey is usually quite expensive, much more than chicken.
I was just at Franklins now and saw the same turkey steaks you talk about for $18 per kg.
Were they on special when you bought them?

Kangaroo is the best value for money meat I know of.

Last edited:
Kangaroo is the best value for money meat I know of.

thats about $15 kg at my supermarket. the mince is better at about $10 but still a rip off compared to beef at the markets. $7 a kilo for rump :)

i used to get turkey mince on special for $4.99 a kilo but my supermarket doesnt seem to stock it much anymore

I saw Kangaroo meat at my supermarket for $15, with flavours and stuff. Definetly gonna try it next time, had some once and was yummeh.

I just get skinless chicken breast for $9.99, tuna, salmon and the occassional steak, can't go wrong imo.

yep pretty sure but I double check this wk when I am in woolies & get back to you :)It's a bbq steak not a breast which is probably why it is a bit cheaper. We used to have marinated kanga steaks at least once a week but I am not to keen on the taste anymore.