• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What is tribulus?

G

gymjunkie

Hey,

I notice that a lot of cheap testosterone boosters have the word "tribulus" in them, dispite being different brands. I tihnk I've even seen the word in other products. What does this word mean?? And what is the difference to these products to things like t-bol and mass fx?

tribulus terrestris is a plant extract which claims to boost testosterone through increased LH.
It hasn't been proven to boost testosterone.. and furthermore, I don't think an increase in LH -> an increase in Test

I don't know about t-bol but Mass FX has 25R-diol and Nettle Root extract.

Nettle Root extract increases useable (free) testosterone by binding to SHBG molecules hence preventing SHBG from binding to testosterone. SHBG on a fine day binds to about 93% of total testosterone produced in males 21 and older, and as a result that testosterone becomes unuseable*

25R-diol is a myth as far as i'm concerned. But the claims are that it is a strong anabolic manufacture but it's a weak androgenic one. As a result it will build good muscle mass but without the side effects of natural androgenic hormone production being inhibited. Great in theory... but not proven..

*no reference

Tribulus is over-rated ar far as boosting testosterone. I wouldn't bother with it.

Last edited:
A friend of mine goes on about tribulus like its a miracle supplement. It makes me laugh whenever he talks about it.
One thing It did for me was it made me really horny. I cant say I had more strength or was pushing more. Its like having horny goat weed.

Excellent advice by the first 2 posters. Tribulus has never been proven to boost testosterone levels , do not waste your money on them , spend it on food.

all it did for me was chase the missus around more. Not much more strength though. They even tried a water based version of this product after the powder one failed. :rolleyes:

i bought 180 caps of tribulus terrestis (TT).
been using it for 3 weeks, its hard to recognise if its working or not, theres a plethora of legit studies (showing thats theres little to no significance, or p<.05) that indicate that TT (and its parent products) dont do much for the body gains wise :)

though, older people report good things, younger ones just get hornier, some indicate that it does work for them, (placebo?)...

personally, im going to charge through this bottle and give it a good go, im going to keep a close eye on my levels and strength and see if it is useful

Most people seem to say it increases their sex drive, and thats about it.

Although, it makes me wonder. What in it is exactly increasing sex drive, and if it is related to test at all.

Your body has a system that regulates the amount of test you produce. It will not allow you to produce in excess of what is normal levels. This is why your nuts can shrink when you take gear, thats your testosterone factory shutting down as you already have excess test in the bloodstream. You can force your body outside the normal range, you certainly cant do it by using some plant.

Spend your money on milk and time squatting.

Having a heavy weight on your back has been proven to increase test.