• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

constapation....if thats how u spell it!

Mr Wilson

have u ever had trouble shitting? wats the best ways to have normal bal motions when on a high protein and carb diet...
anyone shed some light? cheers

Mr Wilson said:
wats the best ways to have normal bal motions when on a high protein and carb diet...
Did you mean "high protein and low carb"? Because a high protein and high carb diet, it's easy to get lots of fibre. Just eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Only in a low carb diet does it become more difficult, since you have to take out a lot of the fruit.

You can make sure that the carbs you do eat are high fibre. Oats rather than weet bix, grainy bread rather than white bread, wholemeal pasta rather than white pasta, green beans rather than leafy spinach, and so on.

Yes, also you could take a fibre supplement like phsyllium husks, 10gms 2 x per day.

Yes, also you could take a fibre supplement like phsyllium husks, 10gms 2 x per day.

Here's a question about fibre / psyllium husks etc:

If you run psyllium husks / high volumes of fibre thru ur digestive tract daily (and also take probiotics), and give your stomach and intestinal linings a very good clean out, is it likely to increase the amount of beneficial vitamins, minerals, amino acids etc passed from the stomach into the blood stream via the process of digestion?

Basically, does a "clean" stomach mean better quality digestion?

Or does the increased amount of ****ting induced by a high fibre diet do you more harm than good?

Give yourself permission to eat as much...and i mean as much green leafy veggies as you like. Including, but not limited to celery, lettuce &capsicum.

There was a stage earlier this year when i was eating an ice berg lettuce a day, spread out over 7 meals. Now that's what i call, permission to eat. My diet was also moderate in protein, low in processed carbs & generous in healthy fats

Eat up on the green vegies! Broccoli, spinach etc etc The majority of the carbs are in the form of fibre and will pass thru - it should not put a dent in your low carb dieting approach. The Thermal Effect of the food comes into play here too, you could be burning calories through the digestion process