• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What would you do?

T

trent

Ok, here's the situation; You need to eat, and you need to eat now but the only problem is that you're on the road with nothing in the lunchbox and you're running out of options.
You drive past a shopping centre, in the carpark there's a Servo, an array of different fast food outlets and of course, the shopping mall itself with a typical food court inside.

Now, where do you stop and what do you buy?

Easy, supermarket, buy a half chicken for $4.50 and 2 wholemeal buns for 60c each.

Sometimes I get cooked and pealed prawns instead, yummy :)

buy a can of Tuna from the supermarket.. some brown bread from the bakery and kablamo... 50g complex carbs , 30g of protein and 3g of fat

another vote for 1/2 chicken. im on the road a lot and often get this and a 1litre milk for lunch

some supermarkets sell protein bars

failing that, go for the can of tuna & a whole meal bread roll...tho i don't advocate eating grains

wouldn't be wiser to prepare for emergency's, by carrying around emergency protein bars in your glove box ?

This is my life- most of my work is done in shopping centres and have given up on room service when I am in most country towns. Always have a plastic container with me so I can mix up flavored tuna with some four bean and corn mix. Or by a cheapo garden salad and 1/4 chicken.

The other day i got a container of salmon sashimi salad,a tub of yoghurt and some bananas.
Sashimi isn`t sold that way in Australia i imagine but there are endless means at the supermarket.
Fruit,bread,tuna/salmon/sardines,yoghurt,milk,cottage cheese,breads,pre cooked meats (chook etc),soy milk,tofu,I could go on and on.

protein - canned fish, cooked chicken breast from deli section
Carbs-bread, rice cakes
Fat-almonds