• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Comparision between Supplements

A

atrogen

Hey Pplz,
Been working out for about 6 months.. Seeing good results.
bout 3 months in, a friend recommended MuscleTech - NitroTech Hardcore protein formula.. & Balance - Effervescent creatine..
Has anyone tried MuscleTech and found any better preforming Protein powder? I've been speaking to a friend online and he reckons liquid Creatine is the go? Any info and recommendations would def be appreciated.

Generally as a rule I stay as far away from Muscletech products as I can. They are generally are overhyped, even more so than other brands. ON (optimum nutrition) whey is probably the most popular of the proteins and is well priced and good flavours. Dymatize whey is also well priced and good flavours. I currently use an unflavoured protein as it is cheap as chips but a little grainy and harder to swallow.

I remember one of the supp guys on this forum posting an article a while ago saying the liquid creatine is basically useless as it isn't stable in liquid so it loses its value. A cheap creatine mono is probably the way to go. I have been using CEE (creatine ethyl ester) lately and I had really good results with that. Probably the worst tasting thing I've ever had though.

Get a 20kg bag of natural protein for $300 and a 1KG tub of creatine mono by wild bull.

Will last you ages, especially the creatine.

Definatly stay away from muscle-tech. Way too overpriced, and overhyped like has already been said. And liquid creatine will be useless if you read a few studies on creatine that is kept in a liquid. (basicly if its in liquid for longer than a few hours it becomes creatinine or some other useless by product.)

Buy a plain Creatine monohydrate. if this stuff upsets your stomach then try CEE
(creatine ethyl ester) dont bother with amy other creatine type products when you are starting out.

And protein- Dymatize is a favourite of mine if im buying flavoured stuff, otherwise you can go even cheaper and buy plain unflavoured stuff. your choise. and once again, keep it simple, no fancy big brand lables unless you want to burn your cash mate.

Good luck.