• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pimp my Pizza (anabolic pizza)

BoyFromAus

ok, so many of us like pizza...
i'm trying to figure out how to make one which is high in complex carbs, high in protein, low in sat fats, high in unsat fats, high in fibre, low in sugar... yeah a whole lot aint it.

For vegetables i've got...
Chilli (jalepenos)
Olives
Mushrooms
Eggplant
Capsicum
Onion
Garlic

For Meat, it's either
Lean Chicken breast
Fish
Beef

For Cheese...
Cottage Cheese (i don't know how this will taste, but I'll try it anyway)..

Now this this tough part...
for dough... i don't know of something that is low on yeast, high in low GI complex carbs...

for Sauce... i'm still working on it

So yea, any ideas will be much appreciated.

Basically any normal pizza with heaps of lean meat on it and without cheese is going to fulfil your criteria of "high in complex carbs, high in protein, low in sat fats, high in unsat fats, high in fibre, low in sugar".

The problem is the lean meat. Meats cook well in the oven when they have lots of fat. Lean meats turn into jerky.

Basically any normal pizza with heaps of lean meat on it and without cheese is going to fulfil your criteria of "high in complex carbs, high in protein, low in sat fats, high in unsat fats, high in fibre, low in sugar".

The problem is the lean meat. Meats cook well in the oven when they have lots of fat. Lean meats turn into jerky.

yea definitely..
but what about the dough and the sauce?... aren't they both failrly high in sugar? is there any low sugar dough?

I was thinking about cooking the meat separate.. (as in steaming it or roasting it in which case it'll be dry) and then adding it to the pizza.. i don't know how well it'd work..

for the cheese, i was just thinking of adding a bit of cheese and it being cottage (which has sugar)...

The dough and sauce can be high in sugar, but don't have to be. But "high" is relatively, for each "family sized" base we're talking about a tablespoon of sugar, absolute tops. Most likely a teaspoon. And most of that gets consumed by the yeast in the rising.

The thing with pizza is like burgers and so on, there's usually a lot of fat in them in the meat/cheese. And the bread is pretty dense in energy, that's why medieval peasants on farms used to eat a few pounds of bread a day each. So the whole thing is basically designed as an intense burst of calories for you.

I don't know how cottage cheese would go through an oven, I never tried it.

Which if you're working out hard and/or bulking is good. Otherwise not so much...

Maybe I will try it, with my increased cycling and running I keep getting hungry, and my weight has been steady for a bit...

cool.cheers for the info man.
So dough is just dense cals but not necessarily high in sugar...

yea i'm not gonna have this since i'm cutting at the moment.. but on my bulk, i'll definitely make this pizza.

Pizza dough is just bread. Usually has a bit of olive oil in it to make it less likely to stick and give it a bit of gloss. Like all breads, it could have lots or not much sugar, depends on who's making it. McDs buns, heaps, sourdough, not much.

But yeah you wouldn't want it for a cutting diet :)

Which reminds me, I have to cook for a vegan visitor tonight. Vegetarian is easy, I do that all the time, vegan is harder. "Got any soy milk?" Urgh.

Use wholemeal pitas for mini pizza bases or make your own.
Half wholemeal flour,half white, and water and a small satchel of yeast.The yeast can be left out for a nice thin crispy base.The sauce can be made by whizzing up a can of tomatoes in a blender and mix with herbs.Put the meat directly on the sauce to get over the drying out problem.
As for cottage cheese, it just doesn`t work.It still tastes good but it isn`t a pizza anymore.Go for low fat cheese and use very sparingly.

why dont you stir fry the meat and half bake the pizze, them when pizza nearly cooked, put meat cooked on and the cottage cheese bake for like another 10 min. meat will be nice and wont be too dry.

wholemeal pitas sound good.. i'll add them on the list.

and yea, stir fried lean meat, low fat cheese (i'll still give cottage a try) and the sauce as tomato with herbs.

Not sure about avocado though.. i never had it on a pizza.. doesn't it make the sauce look all weird and green?

A girl im seeing made me chicken pizziola the other day, good for those on low carb diets.

Rather than using a pizza base, flatten out a large chicken breast, then slice it in them middle to make 2 thin breast pieces and use this as your base. Top with ham, onion, cheese, tomato paste, garlic, mushrooms, capsicum, olives, jalapeno's etc. Worked really well, she used mozzarella, though when i try it, I'll use cottage cheese.

We use wholemeal lebanese bread for the base...

White flour is white flour no matter what form it is in...

A good cheese ricotta could be a substitute i doubt cottage cheese though..

Add lean meats spices vegies ect homemade tomato and garlic paste..

nom nom nom..

Cheese, hot salami, chilli and egg, on a thin base...woot!

And a small glass bottle of coke.

Last edited:
to make a nice saucce blend the following
200 grams cherry tomatoes
big bunch of basil
5-6 cloves of garlic
pich of salt and pepper
2 hot chillis

If you make a chicken pizza make it with no sauce and add Tzaziki over the top...
200 gram low fat greek yogurt (good quality)
1 cucumber deceeded (mince it up)
little bit of mint
good squueze of lemon juice
good squeeze of olive oil
pich of salt and pepper....
mix it all together.

goes awesome over any chicken/lamb dish/pizza