• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Keto bulking to Keto Fat Loss

PowerBuilder

i thought i'd let you all know that today i started a brief 6-10 week fat loss diet. I've worked out the scales that i measure my food by is pretty inaccurate, meaning my portion sizes have been waaay off the mark. I've some how ended up being a chubby 15% bf.

So, my plan is to go from a keto bulking diet, to a keto fat loss / recomposition diet. Tomorrow, when I"ve got a bit more time, i'll post up my diet & what's changed from bulking to cutting. In brief tho, it's pretty much the same foods at the same times, but with a slight twist

I wont be posting any 'now' pix, since i don't need to prove to anybody where i am, or where i'm going. I'll be posting 'then' or 'latter' pix. I'm aiming to be 5-7%, while having as much strength as possible. Let the good times roll!

Omgosh!! Not 15% bf!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, afraid so. I worked really hard at staying between 10-12%. I kinda fell here accidently!!!

Current diet -_

Meal 1 35g WPI + 20g peanut butter
Meal 2 185g tin tuna + 100g lettuce + 2-3 baby tomatoes, onion + a few slices of cucumber + 12ml of macedamia nut oil
Meal 3 110g grilled chicken + the veggies mentioned above
Meal 4 as per meal 3
Meal 5 While driving to work, sipping on a 35g of whey
Meal 6 as per meal 4
Meal 7 as per meal 1

it doesn't look like anything special or very exciting. All my protein shakes have a fiber type supplement thrown in, to ensure that i'm getting plenty of fiber with Every meal.

I'm giving myself a dirty cheat meal every 3 clean carb up's. Since it's not likely to go much longer than 10 weeks...well...you do the maths.

Questions? Comments?

Only ever heard of keto to lose weight, not build.

Looks pretty similar to my keto days, way back when. I found adding psyllium to shakes bulked the shakes up and helped 'movement'.

Would like to head back to keto, but causes me issues these days.

staying under 30g NET carbs per day? i'd probably add a bit of olive oil to a few of those meals, looks a bit low on fat. from memory your macros should be roughly:

fat 65%
protein 30%
carbs 5%

Last edited:
hey guys. thanks for all your feedback I"ll take it all into consideration.

I've been following the anabolic diet all offseason, a keto bulk type of protocol. In the fat loss stage, it encourages to take in more protein than fat.

The ratio that i'm wanting & think i've built is

Pro 50%
fat 45%
Cho 5%

I might still put the macedamia nut oil in my whey shakes. I'm wanting to elimenate these from my diet, that way i can have only solids. That's what i'd like to do eventually...ideally anyway :)

on another note, today i created a deadlit PB. 132.5kg Pretty impressive...to me anyway, since it's 2x my body weight. My current goal is NOW 140. I wonder how much i can reach for my november comp?!

Pro 50%
fat 45%
Cho 5%

Why more protein than fat? is ketosis your goal? Will you be carbing up? If so how often? Got macros for your carb up?

I'd recommend reading the following books for more info:

The Anabolic Diet - Dr Mauro DiPasquale
BodyOpus - Dan Duchaine
The Ketogenic Diet - Lyle McDonald

Also research "The Palumbo Diet" by Dave Palumbo. Also I dont normally recommend hanging out on bodybuilding.com forums but the keto section there is very informative

Last edited:
A bit of an update. I've had to stop the fat loss diet, as i recently got really sick, lost my appetite & some how lost about 4kgs from not eating.

I'm going to go back to clean bulking for a while...

continue on your way...:)