• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Massing whilst having a high bodyfat.

A

angelstyle

Do you think its a good idea to mass while having ahigh bodyfat? I am thinking of gaining size now and cutting up later when my chest and shoulders are a bit better. So far I have doubled all my lifts but I am still quite fat. Should I continue to mass? Or should I cut up then mass later when I am lean? What do you guys think?

What's your definition of high bodyfat?
Keep bulking if you want to look like a lardass, if not, cut down then bulk.

Apparently, if you get too fat, it creates too many fat bubbles, which only shrink when you lose weight, but still remain there.

As Shrek said, exactly what is your size and bodyfat now matters.

I mean, there are health issues, too. If someone is (say) 130kg and 40% bodyfat then I would advise them to begin cutting now.

What's your definition of high bodyfat?
Keep bulking if you want to look like a lardass, if not, cut down then bulk.
Thats a tough call, someone can have a TINY waistline and super broad shoulders/back and still look like they have a lardass stomach unless they wear spandex 24/7.

My stomach was never a huge problem, but it's getting smaller every month, and my shoulders are getting bigger, but unless I'm shirtless, no one knows any different.

Not a tough call at all. If you are fat you a re fat regardless of having a shirt on or not. The OP said masing with a high bodyfat. I reckon it's a huge no-no unless you want to look like a lardass and I stand by my comment.

there is no point, or advantage to having a body fat % higher than 15%.

What does fat do? Very little. It has it's role, dont get me wrong...being over 15% (ie 20, 25, +) isn't much use.

Muscle moves weight, not fat. The leaner you are, the more sensetive to one of the most anabolic hormones 'insulin'

So sure, bulk & have a high bf%....you just wont be as anabolic as possible